Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2005, 02:29 PM
iamcaper

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
Center prospect info

Hey Gang,

Pretty quiet with the lockout but hopefully the big announcement will be soon.

I'm looking for your thoughts on Alex Naurov and Gino Guyer. With some great prospects coming up through the ranks, what type of chance do these guys have of making the team? Also, what style does each play?

Old
06-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Dr GLU

vCash: 500
From all I've heard, Guyer plays a lot like current Star Niko Kapanen. He's relatively small, very quick, and a solid-two-way player. He's also a very good face-off man. I could see him as a potential role-player in the NHL, but he's not guranteed a spot. If he maxes out his potential, he might be a decent third line center, but after this year, I'm not so sure about him. He underperformed IMO.

As for Naurov, I'm not sure what to say about him. He lost a year due to injury and then didn't manage to make enough of an impact to land on Russia's WJC team. However, he didn't look out of place in his limited Superleague time (2+2 in 12 games isn't bad from the 4th line). I don't really have a player to compare him to, and I'm really at a loss to peg him for an NHL future. He has seemed to make relatively rapid strides in development, so I'd suppose the upside's there for him to be an NHL player, but I can't say much more than that.

Closed Thread