HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holiday Slump Officially Underway - Habs Lose 5-2

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2010, 12:16 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

vCash: 500
Morrow, such a tough guy throwing punches with a full shield on. ****ing coward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Terrible.

The habs just let the best player on the team get hit...

Ryan White has the same thing Markov does.
Which is??

Old
12-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Kriss E

I don't know what Martin has done to this team...
It seemed like he was in complete control, everything we going right for him. Then he started taking one bad decision after another.

Scratching AK was easy to predict backfiring. I have a hard time understand how he could some how imagine that some good would come from this. Our team has been struggling defensively as of late, and we aren't exactly an offensive powerhouse, so how could he think the Defensive game would compensate from scratching a top 6 player?..How could he see Eller, that he uses the least, suddenly create good things as a top 6?..

I would really like to have been in that coach meeting to really know what they were thinking about when discussing the AK scratch.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
headliner

We remain 0-fer when trailing after two periods.

We don't have either the muscle to climb back into a game.

Where are guys like Lappy and Moen in these types of games? Who makes it happen in a comeback situation? Nobody.

We need the first goal....or the first two goals....it seems, to have any chance of winning.

And Price needs to be our MVP every stinking game! That's been the Montreal Canadiens since the days of Theo. Over-reliance on goaltending because we don't have what it take to overcome it if it isn't stellar.

Please make it stop!

Last edited by headliner: 12-22-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old
12-22-2010, 12:21 AM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Morrow, such a tough guy throwing punches with a full shield on. ****ing coward.

Which is??
I think we can all agree that once a guy tries to punch you in the nuts, whether or not you punch him back (in the face) isn't determined by if or if you are not wearing a shield.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:25 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Updated the video in the OP to cheer you guys up

12-22-2010, 12:26 AM
LastRide

No consistency on this team. They have to keep building until they have the right group of players with talent that can perform night in and night out. The team is what it is. Don't be expecting to hoist any cup soon.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:39 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Tank. Trade everyone. Fire Martin. Price is a bust. Start a riot. Burn the city.

Merry Christmas.
Goddammit! Didn't wanna laugh out loud, but thanks. I needed that one!

Old
12-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
and you wonder who ****ed up his confidence, the one who is very good at that!!!
Honestly, it wasn't easy but Martin might be the one person capable of it. I wouldn't be shocked if AK goes the way of his brother next

Old
12-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostitsyn View Post
Hopefully Kostitsyn will be back in the line-up next game.
How was the press box, man?

Old
12-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Teufelsdreck

I am truly astonished that dressing Pyatt didn't materially improve the Habs' winning chances.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:51 AM
habsfanwpg27*

I want ryan white on this team.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:55 AM
habshound247

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
You think you could doctor that video a little? It almost looks like Picard is trying to punch Morrow in the gonads. If it was proven we could get him suspended for at least a game so JM would be forced to play Weber.
Thanks, I needed that.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post

Which is??
His knee got messed up too. He could be back now. Maybe it wasn't as bad, but it did happen around the time it happened to Marky.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
I think we can all agree that once a guy tries to punch you in the nuts, whether or not you punch him back (in the face) isn't determined by if or if you are not wearing a shield.
You bet! I wish Morrow would have Shield-butted him into a concussion, would have left some easy and obvious choices for the Habs coach next game.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:18 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
His knee got messed up too. He could be back now. Maybe it wasn't as bad, but it did happen around the time it happened to Marky.
Ryan's back. 2 fights in 1 game last weekend.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:22 AM
m00ks

My finger is on the panic button. I'm definitely pushing it if we loose to Carolina.

Old
12-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
On some level I wish I could say Martin's mistake with AK just blew up in his face. But that's just not what happened.

Oh, sure, it hurt the team. But AK wouldn't have made the difference. The reality is that it was just a classic blowout. One team gets a lot of goals on not very many chances, the game goes out of control, and before you know it it's garbage time. The goalie has a bad night, bounces or just not in it. Or whatever.

These games happen during a season and they're completely meaningless. They are not the result of a genuine differential in quality of play. Montreal could just as easily blow out Carolina next game.

Shot attempts tonight: 72-38. For Montreal. And the shot chart in nhl.com is worth a look. It's not like Dallas controlled the play all the time. It's a normal tendancy to think that the team that is a lot behind in the score got pasted in all phases of the game, but hockey rarely works that way.

These games are hard on morale though. Now is not the time for JM to make another boneheaded panic move. Good lines, good match-ups, stability, this is what will pull the Habs out of the hole. His ham-fisted approach will only make things worse.
AK would not really have been the difference maker, not for a blowout. But the move only hurt us - for all the hate Kostitsyn gets, he's a hard hitter and has rarely been lazy in that regard this year, something we could have used.

I agree with your post though, thanks for being one of the voices of reason. We need tweaks right now to steady the ship, not over-management.

Old
12-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

carbo got fired after a dallas game right?

here's to hopeful thinking...get rid of martin and bring on boucher....oh umm wait, we kinda messed that one up...

i really hope molson shakes up the coaching/gm staff next year...status quo is just not acceptable for a fanbase so devoted to their team

Old
12-22-2010, 03:08 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't know what Martin has done to this team...
It seemed like he was in complete control, everything we going right for him. Then he started taking one bad decision after another.

Scratching AK was easy to predict backfiring. I have a hard time understand how he could some how imagine that some good would come from this. Our team has been struggling defensively as of late, and we aren't exactly an offensive powerhouse, so how could he think the Defensive game would compensate from scratching a top 6 player?..How could he see Eller, that he uses the least, suddenly create good things as a top 6?..

I would really like to have been in that coach meeting to really know what they were thinking about when discussing the AK scratch.
Yeah, scratching the floater is the reason we lost.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:58 AM
NewHabsEra*

And while some still think we played a good game against Colorado, they just got destroyed 5-0 at home against L.A.

Old
12-22-2010, 04:05 AM
GoHomez

That looked like an awful lot of weird goals against. Just watched the recap on TSN, seems Price wasnt really on and the lackluster defence gets exposed in no time

Old
12-22-2010, 04:22 AM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Tank. Trade everyone. Fire Martin. Price is a bust. Start a riot. Burn the city.

Merry Christmas.
Yeah, fire Martin.

Old
12-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Noted on a few things :

-Some players having hard time making easy tape-to-tape passes
-Spacek was brutal. He is so slow. Almost got beaten by Ott who was one mile behind during a race for a icing. It was embarassing seeing him getting beat by Ribeiro (who isn't exactly a fast skater) which led to a 2 on 1. He also had that awful turnover where he gave to puck to Peterson in front of our own net.

Funny stuff
-Pk yelling, trying to get a stick while he had lost his in the defensive zone
-The thing that was flying behind Francois Gagnon during his intervention
-Brunet unable to say Skrastins. His mind got ****ed up so bad he started said saying stuff like defenzive and dezanvantage

Old
12-22-2010, 04:36 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Omg a slump. Blow everything up.

It was bound to happen, lets hope the team recovers before it gets out of hands.

Old
12-22-2010, 04:37 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Yeah, fire Martin.
Pretty sure you were sarcastic. If not, then wtf. Martin is the best coach this team has had in 2 decades.

Closed Thread