HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Hartford Whalepack Discussion Thread *Part 2*

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Osminator

vCash: 500
The only ray of light on defense is Kundratek... McDonaugh and Valentenko are brutal...

Old
12-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Osminator

If Baldwin wants more than 3000-4000 people a game next year, he better spend $100K for a star forward a la Locke, Parenteau...

Old
12-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Osminator

Manchester win the shootout, win the game 5-4 after the Whale led 4-0. Talbot couldn't stop a beach ball... I hope those bums have a very long bus ride home, so they can thing about the piss poor effort after taking a 4-0 lead... Letdown of the year.

EDIT: Take it easy on me, I stayed up till 3:40 a.m. to watch this... hence, grumpy after this game...

Old
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Quote:
Dale Weise got the Whale on the board first, scoring on a power play off assists from Wade Redden and goalie Cam Talbot at 3:24 of the opening period. Chad Kolarik stretched the lead to 2-0 just 24 seconds later with an even-strength goal, assisted by Ryan McDonagh and Tim Kennedy. Connecticut pushed its lead to 3-0 at 15:43 of the first on a goal by Devin DiDiomete from Ryan Garlock and Tomas Kundratek. Midway through the second period, the Whale had a 4-0 lead, thanks to a goal by Jeremy Williams, assisted by Kris Newbury and Kundratek, at 8:50 of the midle period. Atlantic Division-leading Manchester, however, would score the game's final four goals, forcing overtime and a shootout, where the Monarchs outscored the Whale 3-1 for the win, with Williams scoring Connecticut's lone shootout goal. The Monarchs outshot the Whale 32-22, as Talbot finished with 28 saves. Kundratek was named the game's No. 3 star.
Zuccarello scoreless, breaks his 5 game scoring streak.
Kolarik has been on fire it seems like. Kundratek might find his way on the roster. Has Rozy replacement written all over it.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65021

Old
12-21-2010, 11:01 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Crylanders View Post
Zuccarello scoreless, breaks his 5 game scoring streak.
Kolarik has been on fire it seems like. Kundratek might find his way on the roster. Has Rozy replacement written all over it.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65021
mza didn't play. he was suspended

Old
12-21-2010, 11:02 PM
17futurecap

Man does Kolarik score every game? I know it seems he is nothing special, but trading Byers for him seems to have helped out the Whale.

Old
12-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Zuccarello suspended before Avery this season?
Avery has never been suspended for on-ice actions.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:05 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
The only ray of light on defense is Kundratek... McDonaugh and Valentenko are brutal...
Are you watching life video feeds of the games? Can you elaborate on your comment? What's he doing that's making him stand out in a positive light?

Old
12-22-2010, 12:40 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Are you watching life video feeds of the games? Can you elaborate on your comment? What's he doing that's making him stand out in a positive light?
I didn;t watch this game but this is consistent with what's being seen and said all season with kundratek. He's had a good year, hope he continues to grow. Sucks that it seems McD is a lot less ready than most thought he'd be. Even if he;s not horrible he;s never doing anything to stand out either. Hope he gets better during the year

I also wouldn't mind hearign some things he did specifically.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
The Byers trade has turned out great. I can't comment on tonight's collapse other than saying it was sad to see. I still have hope in this club though.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yes, I barely miss a Whalpack game (and as u could tell from my previous comments, I even look at games during the weeks despite 1am starts and 3:30pm finishes for me here in Europe).

IMO, he gets the puck out of the zone most of the time, and is strong along the boards and covering his man. It seems to me he's been trying harder to get involved in the rush much more, puts good shots on the net when he can, and I swear don't recall him fumbling the puck on the blue line this year yet...

Maybe its just me, but McD and Valentenko always seem to get "outworked" by the man their supposed to cover and somehow fail to clear the puck. McD does rush the puck up the ice, but 99 out 100 times dumps it deep... as he's labeled one of the more skilled guys, I sometimes expect a nice pass or something...

I honestly thought last night who the Rangers might call up if they lose more than 1 Dman in NY... based on play, if McD or Valentenko get the call before Kundratek, it would be BS. I'm not saying that Kundratek is the next Bobby Orr offensively and Stevens defensively, but he's coming along real nicely, and IMO better than McD, Valentenko.

Redden is Redden (inconsistent), Nightingale is ECHL material, while Niemi, Bickel, Baldwin are just three Dmen to fill the roster...

Old
12-22-2010, 08:47 AM
mti79

Quote:
Yes, I barely miss a Whalpack game (and as u could tell from my previous comments, I even look at games during the weeks despite 1am starts and 3:30pm finishes for me here in Europe).

IMO, he gets the puck out of the zone most of the time, and is strong along the boards and covering his man. It seems to me he's been trying harder to get involved in the rush much more, puts good shots on the net when he can, and I swear don't recall him fumbling the puck on the blue line this year yet...

Maybe its just me, but McD and Valentenko always seem to get "outworked" by the man their supposed to cover and somehow fail to clear the puck. McD does rush the puck up the ice, but 99 out 100 times dumps it deep... as he's labeled one of the more skilled guys, I sometimes expect a nice pass or something...

I honestly thought last night who the Rangers might call up if they lose more than 1 Dman in NY... based on play, if McD or Valentenko get the call before Kundratek, it would be BS. I'm not saying that Kundratek is the next Bobby Orr offensively and Stevens defensively, but he's coming along real nicely, and IMO better than McD, Valentenko.

Redden is Redden (inconsistent), Nightingale is ECHL material, while Niemi, Bickel, Baldwin are just three Dmen to fill the roster...
BLASPHEMY!!!! Lee Baldwin is the next great NHL Defenseman... ok, I'm just saying that because I have his jersey...

We can now return to our regularly scheduled WhalePack discussions...

Old
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Thanks for the elaboration!

Old
12-27-2010, 03:21 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Jason Williams signed to a tryout deal by the Wolfpack (refuse to use this ridiculous name).

Doubt this has many implications for the Rangers, though.

Old
12-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Jason Williams signed to a tryout deal by the Wolfpack (refuse to use this ridiculous name).

Doubt this has many implications for the Rangers, though.
he did play for the wings and does have NHL experience maybe Todd White's replacement as the healthy scratch

Old
12-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Osminator

Jeremy Williams
Jason Williams

Too bad they got rid of Nigel Williams... Hahahahaha... LOL.

Wonder what they gonna do about the jersey...Je. and Ja. Williams?

Old
12-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Jeremy Williams
Jason Williams

Too bad they got rid of Nigel Williams... Hahahahaha... LOL.

Wonder what they gonna do about the jersey...Je. and Ja. Williams?
Williams1

Williams2

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Old
12-27-2010, 11:06 AM
NYR Viper

So........WHEN White is sent down, which will happen once Callahan and Prospal are back there is no room for him at all. So they will have:

Kennedy
Redden
Williams
White

All with legitimate NHL experience?

Old
12-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We now need Justin Williams. Make it happen Slats.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
So........WHEN White is sent down, which will happen once Callahan and Prospal are back there is no room for him at all. So they will have:

Kennedy
Redden
Williams
White

All with legitimate NHL experience?
We're turning into Washington's farm system.

Well, not nearly as bad. At least we have players below age 26 playing decent minutes.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:24 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We're turning into Washington's farm system.

Well, not nearly as bad. At least we have players below age 26 playing decent minutes.
I mean if they win the Calder Cup I don't really care it just seems funny to me because I have never seen it with the Rangers. I mean Jeremy Williams even has NHL experience.

Old
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I mean if they win the Calder Cup I don't really care it just seems funny to me because I have never seen it with the Rangers. I mean Jeremy Williams even has NHL experience.
Prospects prosper in a winning atmosphere, and if there is a decent balance of vets with experience and young guns, everyone benefits. I hope they make the playoffs and go deep, so the young guns know what it is like at the Pro level.

I see no point in stacking the farm team with 18 rookie players... I'm all for Jason Williams being signed, bring in the NHL experience.

If Chad Johnson can play the way last night vs. Bridgeport, then it should be a fun ride...

Old
12-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I'm fine with this signing.

It should be noted that Jeremy Williams leads the league in goals. He of course has more games played than the guys trailing him, but who cares.

Old
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Prospects prosper in a winning atmosphere, and if there is a decent balance of vets with experience and young guns, everyone benefits. I hope they make the playoffs and go deep, so the young guns know what it is like at the Pro level.

I see no point in stacking the farm team with 18 rookie players... I'm all for Jason Williams being signed, bring in the NHL experience.

If Chad Johnson can play the way last night vs. Bridgeport, then it should be a fun ride...
Its not that I am against the signing, its just that I am not used to the 'Pack doing this. They are going to have 3 NHL veterans who have all played a lot of NHL hockey. Its just an interesting turn of events.

Old
12-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Osminator

MORE BUSH-LEAGUE BS FROM THE SPERMWHALE:

Post on Facebook: The new CT Whale home white jerseys have just arrived and will be available on Wednesday night at 6:00 PM in the XL Center Atrium prior to the CT Whale vs. Portland Pirates game. The team will begin wearing them on ice in the very near future. The road blue jerseys will be here any day, as well. The retail version of the green jerseys will be available at the end of January. Full details will be posted tomorrow.

NOT THAT THEY WOULD POST A PIC OF THE WHITE JERSEY FOR THE FANS... STOOOPID.

Closed Thread