HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theo Peckham for Matt Gilroy

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
manifesty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
OP cares more about fights and scrums than the actual game itself.

NEWSFLASH: Adding toughness won't make us a more complete team. Adding talent though, (either up front, or back-end) will.
exactly.

no problem with a tough defensemen who actually does his job, but unless he can actually play defense, sather should stay away from that.

Old
12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I miss Theo
ahhh me too. i miss Bure too.

Old
12-21-2010, 10:35 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Honestly I'd rather just trade him for any pick.

Old
12-21-2010, 10:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
You clowns are so funny...in one breathe Gilroy is garbage but now when I make a prospal he is not garbage.

In another breathe you say Oilers would never give up Peckham but he sucks in another.

Gilroy is not going to crack our top six...why not ship him off and get something in return...

Peckham too tough for you guys...if I suggested Jan Hejda, you would probably all hug with joy and think he would be the perfect solution.
No, Gilroy is garbage. It is because he's garbage that's no one thinks Edmonton would bite on your proposal. And it's because Theo Peckham isn't particularly good that a lot of us don't want him. Do you not understand that this forum is made up of hundreds of different posters, and that there are numerous reasons why someone wouldn't buy your proposal? Unless you can show me where a specific poster said Gilroy is trash, and then in this thread said he wasn't, well...then you just look like the clown for not knowing one poster from another.

It's great that Theo Peckham is tough as nails. I'd love a tough as nails defenseman to clear the crease. As would EVERYONE here. But Peckham isn't good...what he'd add in toughness, he'd probably negate by sucking at defense. Slow, immobile and poor positionally.

Do you honestly think that people dislike him because he's tough? If so, then that's just pure lunacy. We all get that you love tough guys, and love emphasizing that aspect of the game. So do a lot of other posters here, myself included. But simply being tough isn't enough to warrant an acquisition. When you say things like, "Peckham too tough for you guys?" you just look foolish, as if you can't comprehend any other viewpoints, and assume that if we dislike a tough guy it's because of the fact that he's tough. Come on man, get real.

It's just pain.
Old
12-22-2010, 02:07 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You clowns are so funny...in one breathe Gilroy is garbage but now when I make a prospal he is not garbage.

In another breathe you say Oilers would never give up Peckham but he sucks in another.

Gilroy is not going to crack our top six...why not ship him off and get something in return...

Peckham too tough for you guys...if I suggested Jan Hejda, you would probably all hug with joy and think he would be the perfect solution.
Jan Hejda is 10000x the defenseman that Peckham is. Hejda is very good defensive player who, like most great defensive players, turns to physicality once better, more efficient options have been exhausted. Theo Peckham isn't a good enough player to do that, so instead he just tries to hit people. Sometimes that works. A lot of times it doesn't. That's why he's practically valueless, and Hejda will be getting a $1-1.5 million raise this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
No, Gilroy is garbage. It is because he's garbage that's no one thinks Edmonton would bite on your proposal. And it's because Theo Peckham isn't particularly good that a lot of us don't want him. Do you not understand that this forum is made up of hundreds of different posters, and that there are numerous reasons why someone wouldn't buy your proposal? Unless you can show me where a specific poster said Gilroy is trash, and then in this thread said he wasn't, well...then you just look like the clown for not knowing one poster from another.

It's great that Theo Peckham is tough as nails. I'd love a tough as nails defenseman to clear the crease. As would EVERYONE here. But Peckham isn't good...what he'd add in toughness, he'd probably negate by sucking at defense. Slow, immobile and poor positionally.

Do you honestly think that people dislike him because he's tough? If so, then that's just pure lunacy. We all get that you love tough guys, and love emphasizing that aspect of the game. So do a lot of other posters here, myself included. But simply being tough isn't enough to warrant an acquisition. When you say things like, "Peckham too tough for you guys?" you just look foolish, as if you can't comprehend any other viewpoints, and assume that if we dislike a tough guy it's because of the fact that he's tough. Come on man, get real.
Phenomenal.

Old
12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Jan Hejda is 10000x the defenseman that Peckham is. Hejda is very good defensive player who, like most great defensive players, turns to physicality once better, more efficient options have been exhausted. Theo Peckham isn't a good enough player to do that, so instead he just tries to hit people. Sometimes that works. A lot of times it doesn't. That's why he's practically valueless, and Hejda will be getting a $1-1.5 million raise this summer.

Phenomenal.
Jan Hejda and Rozy...both Norris caliber players...who knew!

Rozy blows chunks the other night and all of his lovers blame MDZ...never his fault.

Theo sucks, Gilroy sucks...why not at least get a guy who sucks but will smack the ***** out of you instead of watching passive soft hockey from at least half of our dmen.

btw, Jan Hejda numbers for 2010...31 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, minus 2...
Jan Hejda numbers for 2009...62 games, 3 goals, 10 assists, minus 14...

sign me up...

Old
12-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

This is a spare part trade...I am not trading MDZ for Ryan Whitney...which you guys would probably do...

If you can't comprehend that I am moving a spare part for a guy who can play against teams that bring an aggressive forecheck and who get in Hanks grill..then you look foolish...Sting...sing my praise on that one...

When Cooke and Kennedy and the like pester Hank, who is going to neglect that...Rozy?

Old
12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Jan Hejda and Rozy...both Norris caliber players...who knew!

Rozy blows chunks the other night and all of his lovers blame MDZ...never his fault.

Theo sucks, Gilroy sucks...why not at least get a guy who sucks but will smack the ***** out of you instead of watching passive soft hockey from at least half of our dmen.

btw, Jan Hejda numbers for 2010...31 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, minus 2...
Jan Hejda numbers for 2009...62 games, 3 goals, 10 assists, minus 14...

sign me up...
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone bring up Hejda and numbers in the same thought. Defensive defensemen aren't typically kept around for their offensive capabilities.

I'm not sure what you think passive soft hockey is, but the only Ranger defenseman that's soft is Gilroy. If you could explain how smacking the **** out of people leads to more wins and better hockey, that'd be nice.

I think you just want to see gratuitous violence, and that's the only thing that Theo Peckham provides. He's a mediocre at best defender who routinely sacrifices defensive positioning for gratuitous hits that don't help his team win. Somehow, with our passive soft defense, we have the 9th lowest GAA, and yet the Oilers, with Theo Peckham smacking the **** out of people, have the 2nd highest.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
This is a spare part trade...I am not trading MDZ for Ryan Whitney...which you guys would probably do...

If you can't comprehend that I am moving a spare part for a guy who can play against teams that bring an aggressive forecheck and who get in Hanks grill..then you look foolish...Sting...sing my praise on that one...

When Cooke and Kennedy and the like pester Hank, who is going to neglect that...Rozy?
I don't think anyone here would trade MDZ for Whitney.

You're proposing Gilroy/Peckham, not sure what Rozsival has to do with your proposal. But as usual, he becomes the highlight of your discussion.

If Cooke/Kennedy pester Hank, guys like Boyle, Prust, and your homeslice, Boogey, will do their part. Sauer has been great at moving bodies in front of the crease. Callahan and Dubinsky don't let **** slide either.

Hell, even if we did acquire Peckham, who's he playing over? Sauer and Eminger have solidified the bottom-6.

And lastly, using statistics to evaluate a guy like Hejda, is beyond stupid. It ultimately shows how weak you are at creating discussions.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Somehow, with our passive soft defense, we have the 9th lowest GAA, and yet the Oilers, with Theo Peckham smacking the **** out of people, have the 2nd highest.
They obviously don't have enough stud dmen like Peckham.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone bring up Hejda and numbers in the same thought. Defensive defensemen aren't typically kept around for their offensive capabilities.

I'm not sure what you think passive soft hockey is, but the only Ranger defenseman that's soft is Gilroy. If you could explain how smacking the **** out of people leads to more wins and better hockey, that'd be nice.

I think you just want to see gratuitous violence, and that's the only thing that Theo Peckham provides. He's a mediocre at best defender who routinely sacrifices defensive positioning for gratuitous hits that don't help his team win. Somehow, with our passive soft defense, we have the 9th lowest GAA, and yet the Oilers, with Theo Peckham smacking the **** out of people, have the 2nd highest.
Right, Hank has nothing to do with those numbers...if you want to call Rozy aggressive then you can but if this is the meaning of taking that body...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXWe2VB2F8

I am not saying that being people up leads to hockey wins but it would be nice to have at least one guy back there who can do that...again, Sauer gives it a great go but he is not striking fear into people...

Old
12-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
I don't think anyone here would trade MDZ for Whitney.

You're proposing Gilroy/Peckham, not sure what Rozsival has to do with your proposal. But as usual, he becomes the highlight of your discussion.

If Cooke/Kennedy pester Hank, guys like Boyle, Prust, and your homeslice, Boogey, will do their part. Sauer has been great at moving bodies in front of the crease. Callahan and Dubinsky don't let **** slide either.

Hell, even if we did acquire Peckham, who's he playing over? Sauer and Eminger have solidified the bottom-6.

And lastly, using statistics to evaluate a guy like Hejda, is beyond stupid. It ultimately shows how weak you are at creating discussions.
Yes, I am weak and by adding Hejda our D would be as soft as your attempted swipes at me....

It is so funny how I mention Hejda and the same 5 or 6 guys, I would predict would come back and tell me how great a dman is...so predictable!

Why not bring back Malik...he was a good defensive dman...

Old
12-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Orr Nightmare

On other thing...when we got Prust last year...I recall everyone saying we just got another goon...now, he is part of the core...so, you can say guys are garbage but in reality, none of us know *****...now, you can tell me how you backed the move and were excited we got him.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
On other thing...when we got Prust last year...I recall everyone saying we just got another goon...now, he is part of the core...so, you can say guys are garbage but in reality, none of us know *****...now, you can tell me how you backed the move and were excited we got him.
As I recall people were more excited about getting Prust than they were Jokinen.

12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Yes, I am weak and by adding Hejda our D would be as soft as your attempted swipes at me....

It is so funny how I mention Hejda and the same 5 or 6 guys, I would predict would come back and tell me how great a dman is...so predictable!

No, no he wasn't. And no one has ever talked about how great a defenseman Rozsival is. No one thinks Rozsival is a great defenseman. Just a good, solid defenseman who has strong enough fundamentals that he doesn't have to sacrifice his position to stop people. What Rozsival has to do with this, I don't know.

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't think Prust was a goon (why would you, he's not that big). I'll be the first to admit I had no idea Prust was anything more than a typical 4th line loser, though. To be fair, the 5-10 times I'd seen him play as a Flame, he didn't stand out at all except for taking a couple of dumb penalties.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
As I recall people were more excited about getting Prust than they were Jokinen.
This is from your boy Rangerfan10:

Prust is like a mildly better version of Voros, I guess it's just shiny new toy syndrome with that guy while we ignore the fact that we just added top 6 talent for peanuts.

This is from your other boy mullichicken25:

i think people try to make this trade seem better than it is

it was an excellent move to rid the team of Kotalik's horrible contract..one that I was pretty sure was unmovable at this point honestly

however, lets not kid ourselves....Jokinen and Prust are not answers to anything

in this deal, on the rangers side at least, the players involed are simplly pawns moved around for administrative purposes

these players certainlly won't make the team worse but fans are crazy to expect see any real positive impact from these additions

This is from the immortal Sting:

Not for long, hopefully. Girardi needs to be shipped out at the deadline.

Mullichicken25:

Originally Posted by Sting36e

couldnt agree more.

All I can say is wow...

Old
12-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

Hejda is a very solid dmen. Not sure why you're oblivious to this. I don't think you watch enough hockey, to be quite honest.

And there you go again, bringing in a player that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Who said anything about Malik? Why do you feel the need to bring him into this discussion? Why do you continue to do this in practically every thread you participate in?

Quote:
From what I recall, most people were thrilled we acquired Prust. Especially after Flames fans came here and praised almost every aspect of his game.

But back to Gilroy/Peckham. It's a stupid proposal that doesn't make sense, and you're starting to reach into this or that because we don't agree with it.

I don't create proposals often, but when I do, and there's critisism, I don't turn into "I'm an angry 16 year old and nobody understands me" syndrome.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Hejda is a very solid dmen. Not sure why you're oblivious to this. I don't think you watch enough hockey, to be quite honest.

And there you go again, bringing in a player that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Who said anything about Malik? Why do you feel the need to bring him into this discussion? Why do you continue to do this in practically every thread you participate in?

From what I recall, most people were thrilled we acquired Prust. Especially after Flames fans came here and praised almost every aspect of his game.

But back to Gilroy/Peckham. It's a stupid proposal that doesn't make sense, and you're starting to reach into this or that because we don't agree with it.

I don't create proposals often, but when I do, and there's critisism, I don't turn into "I'm an angry 16 year old and nobody understands me" syndrome.
Dude, I am not angry that is the furthest thing from the truth...you honestly think I care what you have to say.

Gilroy for Peckham would be a minor trade that would net us a mean dman...he might not be that good but neither is Gilroy.

You can disagree, that is your opinion...I think adding Hejda would be a terrible decision...that is my opinion...they are like a**holes, everyone got one...

Old
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
This is from your boy Rangerfan10:

Prust is like a mildly better version of Voros, I guess it's just shiny new toy syndrome with that guy while we ignore the fact that we just added top 6 talent for peanuts.

This is from your other boy mullichicken25:

i think people try to make this trade seem better than it is

it was an excellent move to rid the team of Kotalik's horrible contract..one that I was pretty sure was unmovable at this point honestly

however, lets not kid ourselves....Jokinen and Prust are not answers to anything

in this deal, on the rangers side at least, the players involed are simplly pawns moved around for administrative purposes

these players certainlly won't make the team worse but fans are crazy to expect see any real positive impact from these additions

This is from the immortal Sting:

Mullichicken25:

Originally Posted by Sting36e

couldnt agree more.

All I can say is wow...
You understand that practically every team in the league has a guy like Prust, right? He's a bottom six role player who we're endeared to because he works hard, but guys like him are not hard to find.

And I'll stand by my Girardi comment. He's the most overrated player on the team, and after finding a first line center, the next biggest priority for this team should be upgrading on Girardi.

The bigger point is that, as usual, you need to bring up all these outside details. None of this has anything to do with your trade proposal.

Quote:
You can disagree, that is your opinion...I think adding Hejda would be a terrible decision...that is my opinion...they are like a**holes, everyone got one...
Not all of them have merit, though. Can you please elaborate on why adding Hejda would be a terrible decision? Especially in comparison with the guy you want the team to add.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
You understand that practically every team in the league has a guy like Prust, right? He's a bottom six role player who we're endeared to because he works hard, but guys like him are not hard to find.

And I'll stand by my Girardi comment. He's the most overrated player on the team, and after finding a first line center, the next biggest priority for this team should be upgrading on Girardi.

The bigger point is that, as usual, you need to bring up all these outside details. None of this has anything to do with your trade proposal.

Not all of them have merit, though. Can you please elaborate on why adding Hejda would be a terrible decision? Especially in comparison with the guy you want the team to add.
Ok...here is your rebuttal...I purposed Peckham because he adds an element, that I believe we are missing, Hejda would be like adding another Rozy.

Also, since Hejda is such a great defensive dman, wouldn't it take more than the horrible Gilroy to get him?

Old
12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Orr Nightmare

Would you rather keep Rozy over Giradi, just asking?

Old
12-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Dude, I am not angry that is the furthest thing from the truth...you honestly think I care what you have to say.

Gilroy for Peckham would be a minor trade that would net us a mean dman...he might not be that good but neither is Gilroy.

I'm still looking for an explanation on why, or how Rozsival and Malik were brought into this Peckham/Gilroy proposal. Again, why do you keep bringing up players that have nothing to do with the discussion???

And if you think adding Hejda would be a terrible decision, then it's more than safe to say you don't know a good hockey player when you see one. But everyone here already knows this...

By the way, I recall you saying we should 'dump' Boyle last season. Do you still feel the same way?

Old
12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
It's not as simple as that.

He said he'd look to upgrade Girardi if we can get a 1C.

Girardi and Rozy are our best two RH-Dmen. Who's replacing the guy we're shipping out?

Old
12-22-2010, 09:50 AM
JeffMangum
Debaser

You still have refused to answer why Hejda would be a bad addition, other than making sarcastic comments about him.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-22-2010, 09:53 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Ok...here is your rebuttal...I purposed Peckham because he adds an element, that I believe we are missing, Hejda would be like adding another Rozy.

Also, since Hejda is such a great defensive dman, wouldn't it take more than the horrible Gilroy to get him?
Your belief...what is it based on? What has transpired with this team that leads you to believe adding a player who would likely never play is something that needs to be done? Why would you add a player who adds an element at the expense of more important elements like good defense?

And I never proposed trading for Hejda. You brought him up. But if I had to choose between the two, it's no contest.

Quote:

No. I never wanted the team to re-sign Rozsival (when the Rangers re-signed Rozsival and signed Redden, I wanted them to sign neither and instead get Streit, for which I was bashed around here, BTW), but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's a solid second pairing defenseman who is prone to having bad brain farts on occassion.

I also wanted the team to trade Girardi (and still do) because I think his perceived value is higher than his real value, but that doesn't mean I don't like him or think he's a bad player. I DO think Theo Peckham is a bad player.

Closed Thread