HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lou's next big move - your prediction

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 05:40 PM
BigBully4

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Lou's biggest thing is that he looks for "character guys." Think of the players that have worn out their welcome with the Devils, and you can see the type of guys Lou signs or deals for.

With that said, you won't see Gratton (thank God). Or Primeau. And really, do you think we have a shot at Havlat? Come on.

The best Lou will do is see how Gomer, Elias, and some d-men are doing by Christmas. He won't look at how Philly is doing, or whether the Rangers are in the hunt. He will only focus on Jersey, as he's always done. If guys are not living up to their end of the bargain and another player on another team fits the Devils mold, Lou will get him. Look at Langenbrunner. This guy is the typical Devils forward. Arnott is (was) not. The future of this team will be built on guys like Jamie, Mad Dog, Pandolfo, Hale, Martin, Brodeur, and Nieds. Gomez could be in that category, but he needs to step it up. As does Elias.

Let's not go giving the Cup to Ottawa just yet. We beat them last year, and who's to say we couldn't do it again? Despite our pitiful preseason, I think Jersey will come out and do what they always do: win. That's good enough for me. Score more than the other team. That's it.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Missionhockey

I think we should try Langenbrunner with the top line. He has the hardest shot on the team and if we put him with those two we could be looking at a 60 point season out of him. I can't wait till Suglobov is ready for primetime. He seems like the perfect fit for Elias.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Missionhockey

The one time I did see Foster play, I wasn't impressed. Yes he has a sore whatever, an injury lets put it at that, but he didn't show me anything that made him stand out. He needs more time in the AHL than some of their other prospects IMO.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Niedermayer21

Our right side won't be so bad if Gionta can pop in 20+ goals and Suglobov develops enough to be ready for the "show" by early next year.

Pihlman can also play the right side, I'm sure, and who knows about Balmochnykh??? And Grant Marshall has more skill than you think. Berglund should be given a shot at right wing on the top line until he proves he doesn't belong, which might not happen. Bergs has some moves and he just might fit in well with Larionov and Elias.

Elias--Larionov--Berglund/Bicek
Friesen--Gomez--Langenbrunner
Pandolfo--Madden--Gionta/Marshall
Brylin--Rupp/Rasmussen--Marshall/Gionta

I'd like to see these lines for a month or so before we start making any moves. Keep Turner Stevenson on the IR until he is 100% healthy. And let us hope that everyone stays healthy for that month or more, especially Larionov! Igor should play at least 65 games at regular strength and on the PP. Rasmussen can give him a breather towards the end of the season, along with Foster and maybe even Sergei Brylin.

No need to trade Elias or Gomez. Everyone wanted to trade Scott Niedermayer early on last season. Just relax and enjoy, okay? Let Lou and Burns worry. We have a good product. It should be a fun season. No need to panic. At least not yet!

Old
10-06-2003, 06:05 AM
sveiglar

I think a Mike Johnson (logjam at F in PHX) or a Steve Thomas (UFA) type is the kind of pickup you'll see. Of course, just when you say that, Lou lands a big-name player.

As said before, if it's a trade, it'll be outside the conference.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:07 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils#4
Cue Svieglar....
Muwhahahahaha!!!

[SIZE=0.5]I'm sorry, what were we talking about?[/SIZE]

Old
10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

The Gratton thing. That was you right? Or was it PEli. Damnet I forget.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils#4
The Gratton thing. That was you right? Or was it PEli. Damnet I forget.
Its Sveiglar. He was unable to refer to CG by name in the Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey Draft a week ago and the subject of several jokes! People were guessing which player he was referring to save for the regulars. Sveigs was talking in tongues.

Old
10-08-2003, 03:18 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Its Sveiglar. He was unable to refer to CG by name in the Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey Draft a week ago and the subject of several jokes! People were guessing which player he was referring to save for the regulars. Sveigs was talking in tongues.
Actually someone else started calling him G*****n. Funny stuff.

Old
10-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Mike#16*

Lou should snag Gaborik and ship the 5 first rounders to Minnie.

Old
10-08-2003, 04:30 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike#16
Lou should snag Gaborik and ship the 5 first rounders to Minnie.
Wouldn't that be sweet! Of course, there's no way Minny refuses to match any RFA offer...

I believe that the best word to describe Lou's next move will be underwhelming.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Mike#16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I would never do that, I know our scouting is great and all but I love draft day, I don't know what I would do for the next 5 years without a pick on tv.
That's exactly my point! with such a scouting you can get quality players also in later rounds! If you look at the current roster, only Marty, Neids and Gomer were Devils first round picks all other were second round or later picks (Sarge, Patty, Pando, Whitey, Berglund, etc) or even not drafted (Mad Dog, Raffi).

So, loosing the five first rounder would not even hurt that bad when you can get a franchise player like gaborik in return. This kid is 21 only and would fit the Devils perfectly!

Old
10-08-2003, 06:27 AM
Mike#16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
We don't know what Hale, Parise, Foster and Ahonen will be though, they may end up being stars in the NHL for all I know.
Point taken but Gaborik is a star already

Old
10-08-2003, 06:36 AM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Lou would never deal 5 first rounders for Gaborik. Its just not his style. He'll never put all his eggs in one basket, and thats why he's the best GM in professional sports. Conservative, smart, defensive hockey. We don't need Gaborik THAT badly.

Closed Thread