HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Theo Peckham for Matt Gilroy

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I'm still looking for an explanation on why, or how Rozsival and Malik were brought into this Peckham/Gilroy proposal. Again, why do you keep bringing up players that have nothing to do with the discussion???

And if you think adding Hejda would be a terrible decision, then it's more than safe to say you don't know a good hockey player when you see one. But everyone here already knows this...

By the way, I recall you saying we should 'dump' Boyle last season. Do you still feel the same way?
I would add Hejda if it meant losing Rozy...but what do I know...just $3 million in savings.

I would dump Boyle for the right price...because I don't think he is going to sustain his pace and if he does...I will be more than willingly to admit I was wrong.

If I could package Boyle and a pick for Ryan Clowe...I'd do that in a heartbeat.

But Boyle has been great this year...last year he was horrible and it was frustrating to watch a 6'7' 250 pound man play like Jan Hlavac

Old
12-22-2010, 10:07 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I would add Hejda if it meant losing Rozy...but what do I know...just $3 million in savings.
This has already been explained to you, but you still don't get it. Jan Hejda ENTERED the NHL the same time that Rozsival signed his new contract after being the defacto "#1 defenseman" on a playoff team for 3 consecutive seasons. That's why he makes $3 million less. Watch what happens this summer when he is a free agent. You think he'll still be making $2 million per? The fact that Rozsival is overpaid has nothing to do with the player that he is. He's a useful player.

Quote:
I would dump Boyle for the right price...because I don't think he is going to sustain his pace and if he does...I will be more than willingly to admit I was wrong.

If I could package Boyle and a pick for Ryan Clowe...I'd do that in a heartbeat.

But Boyle has been great this year...last year he was horrible and it was frustrating to watch a 6'7' 250 pound man play like Jan Hlavac
Boy, that's a bold move there. You would do that in a heartbeat. You and everyone else, too.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Your belief...what is it based on? What has transpired with this team that leads you to believe adding a player who would likely never play is something that needs to be done? Why would you add a player who adds an element at the expense of more important elements like good defense?

And I never proposed trading for Hejda. You brought him up. But if I had to choose between the two, it's no contest.

No. I never wanted the team to re-sign Rozsival (when the Rangers re-signed Rozsival and signed Redden, I wanted them to sign neither and instead get Streit, for which I was bashed around here, BTW), but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's a solid second pairing defenseman who is prone to having bad brain farts on occassion.

I also wanted the team to trade Girardi (and still do) because I think his perceived value is higher than his real value, but that doesn't mean I don't like him or think he's a bad player. I DO think Theo Peckham is a bad player.
Is Hejda a better player than Giradi?

I didn't suggest trading for Hejda...when I purposed Peckham you guys all came back and said what a terrible player he was...i then said, if I suggest Hejda you guys would all be for that and it took off on how great a player he was.

Even I, who knows nothing but goonery knows it would take more than Gilroy @ this point to land Hejda but do we need another defensive dman when we have the 9th ranked defense led by Rozsival

Old
12-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
This has already been explained to you, but you still don't get it. Jan Hejda ENTERED the NHL the same time that Rozsival signed his new contract after being the defacto "#1 defenseman" on a playoff team for 3 consecutive seasons. That's why he makes $3 million less. Watch what happens this summer when he is a free agent. You think he'll still be making $2 million per? The fact that Rozsival is overpaid has nothing to do with the player that he is. He's a useful player.

Boy, that's a bold move there. You would do that in a heartbeat. You and everyone else, too.
You said two weeks ago that Clowe wasn't what we needed, now it is a no brainer...you are confusing...at least everyone knows where I stand...I am a goon loving monster and you flip flop when convenient.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:12 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Is Hejda a better player than Giradi?
Overall, no. Hejda's contributions in the other team's zone are quite limited. Defensively? Yes.

Quote:
I didn't suggest trading for Hejda...when I purposed Peckham you guys all came back and said what a terrible player he was...i then said, if I suggest Hejda you guys would all be for that and it took off on how great a player he was.
I'm not all for trading for Hejda. Why would we trade for a guy who is an impending free agent that will be getting a raise when he doesn't fill any of our biggest needs? That doesn't change the fact that we have no need for Peckham.

Quote:
Even I, who knows nothing but goonery knows it would take more than Gilroy @ this point to land Hejda but do we need another defensive dman when we have the 9th ranked defense led by Rozsival
Our 9th ranked defense isn't led by Rozsival. It's led by Lundqvist, Staal, and Callahan, who breaks up more plays than any of our defensemen. But no one here said we needed Hejda. Just that Hejda, who you brought up, is a good player, and Peckham isn't.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:17 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You said two weeks ago that Clowe wasn't what we needed, now it is a no brainer...you are confusing...at least everyone knows where I stand...I am a goon loving monster and you flip flop when convenient.
LOL. You're unbelievable, you know that? It's like arguing with a child.

Can you please quote where I said that we needed Clowe? How does me stating that acquiring Ryan Clowe in exchange for Brian Boyle and a pick (since you didn't specify which pick, one can infer you mean one of no major significance), a situation where we clearly get the better player, translate to "needing" Ryan Clowe?

We don't "need" Jan Hejda, but if you said we could have him for Gilroy, I'd say that was a no-brainer, too.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Orr Nightmare

No. I never wanted the team to re-sign Rozsival (when the Rangers re-signed Rozsival and signed Redden, I wanted them to sign neither and instead get Streit, for which I was bashed around here, BTW), but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's a solid second pairing defenseman who is prone to having bad brain farts on occassion.

But couldn't his bad brain farts cost us wins and a possible spot in the playoffs?

Old
12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Overall, no. Hejda's contributions in the other team's zone are quite limited. Defensively? Yes.

I'm not all for trading for Hejda. Why would we trade for a guy who is an impending free agent that will be getting a raise when he doesn't fill any of our biggest needs? That doesn't change the fact that we have no need for Peckham.

Our 9th ranked defense isn't led by Rozsival. It's led by Lundqvist, Staal, and Callahan, who breaks up more plays than any of our defensemen. But no one here said we needed Hejda. Just that Hejda, who you brought up, is a good player, and Peckham isn't.
Aren't you the guy leading the charge to strip our prospect pool for Brad Richards?

Old
12-22-2010, 10:20 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Aren't you the guy leading the charge to strip our prospect pool for Brad Richards?
Uhm, no. He proposed the likes of Grachev and McDonagh for Richards, who are solid prospects, but are both somewhat expendable at this point.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
LOL. You're unbelievable, you know that? It's like arguing with a child.

Can you please quote where I said that we needed Clowe? How does me stating that acquiring Ryan Clowe in exchange for Brian Boyle and a pick (since you didn't specify which pick, one can infer you mean one of no major significance), a situation where we clearly get the better player, translate to "needing" Ryan Clowe?

We don't "need" Jan Hejda, but if you said we could have him for Gilroy, I'd say that was a no-brainer, too.
I never said you said we needed Clowe, you were one of the loudest voices oppossing my trade prospals for Clowe...now, you said u would jump all over a trade for Clowe if it involved Boyle and a pick.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
But couldn't his bad brain farts cost us wins and a possible spot in the playoffs?
This statement reaches new levels of absurdity. There's nothing that I could say that will reflect as poorly on you as making the statement itself already has.

Quote:
Do you understand that every response you give makes less and less sense? This is what I said, which you quoted:

Brad Richards fills our biggest need and there is no way he will be getting a raise this summer, seeing as how he makes 7.8 million dollars on his current contract.

If by strip our prospect pool you mean trade away 2 prospects, one of whom has been overhyped and isn't likely to be as good as some people thought he would be, then yes. Someone with common sense might term that as using your assets wisely. Generally, when young teams build up strong prospect pools, they use some of those assets in trades. I don't know how you think it's possible, but there's no way every single prospect in the organization is going to be a part of the main roster.

Quote:
I never said you said we needed Clowe, you were one of the loudest voices oppossing my trade prospals for Clowe...now, you said u would jump all over a trade for Clowe if it involved Boyle and a pick.
Do you have a point? Obviously, anyone would trade a worse player for a better one. Again, what is your point? How does this make me a flip flopper? If I said we didn't need Clowe, and I still say we don't need Clowe, how am I a flip flopper?

Old
12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
NYR Viper

Orr Nightmare:

You are wrong on Hejda. He would most likely be the Rangers top right defenseman right now. Defensively he is as solid as anyone in the league. If he played anywhere in the Eastern Conference he would be as valuable as Orpik and Volchenkov. He is that good.

Look at those players stats, they look terrible as well if you have never seen them play.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'm going to chalk it up to the stress of the holidays, but it's getting awfully mean-spirited around here. Some civility please.

12-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm going to chalk it up to the stress of the holidays, but it's getting awfully mean-spirited around here. Some civility please.
My bad.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Orr Nightmare:

You are wrong on Hejda. He would most likely be the Rangers top right defenseman right now. Defensively he is as solid as anyone in the league. If he played anywhere in the Eastern Conference he would be as valuable as Orpik and Volchenkov. He is that good.

Look at those players stats, they look terrible as well if you have never seen them play.
Maybe I am and I am not afraid to admit it...I just plucked his name out of air...I also never suggested it would only take Gilroy to get him..I was under attack like always for my sugguestions.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:45 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
And we're done.

Closed Thread