HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers tried to move JVR-no takers?

Old
12-22-2010, 01:37 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
I can't say I am an avid college hockey watcher...have seen BC, ND and Minnesota. But, from what I read re: JVR's college experience was that on any given night he was either unstoppable or uninspired/disappearing. I mean if my opinion on his college career isn't enough for you, more of it isn't based on me, but from reports written while he was there.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
I can't say I am an avid college hockey watcher...have seen BC, ND and Minnesota. But, from what I read re: JVR's college experience was that on any given night he was either unstoppable or uninspired/disappearing. I mean if my opinion on his college career isn't enough for you, more of it isn't based on me, but from reports written while he was there.
because those things would of never happened in junior hockey. I wonder if Kane and Turris took nights off.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
because those things would of never happened in junior hockey. I wonder if Kane and Turris took nights off.
Who cares if they did...if I had Patrick Kane on my team, his lack of inspiration in previous years would not come into question in his NHL career...that being said, we have JVR and he often appears uninspired...thus, one could look at his past and indicative.

I hear love is blind. When the flyers are winning, most of the fans on this message board are blind to the weaknesses on our team unless they are re: bad penalties taken

Old
12-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

We are not blind, we are not retarded either. You are clearly looking to make an outward statement. It's quite sad. You have been wrong on your two previous statements. You will be wrong on a third.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

JVR isn't Crosby. He was a one man team in college. The only guy that had any remote chance of playing at a high level in hockey. Yet people will still spout the same stuff about him not wowing everyone at college.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
FlyersMania2

Not a hater...a big fan. If UNH is such a big hockey school, you could assume other aspiring NHL-ers would want to go there so why was JVR a one-man team?

Why does everyone sweat him? I like every player on the team (even Shelley who brings a veteran/leadership quality tho turned out to be awful fighter) but least like JVR. I just don't see it. Sorry guys. Sorry I don't think our entire roster is perfect, guess that makes me a hater

Old
12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
So on December 11 Anthony San Filippo mentioned JVR was a name they were considering moving.

http://twitter.com/AnthonySan37/stat...45696729464833

http://twitter.com/AnthonySan37/stat...46358737436672
Do we have to bring him back on the roster to waive him? In the Trade Rumours forum there is a thread that cites speculation that we are going to waive Leighton (from hockeytraderumors.com).

Old
12-22-2010, 03:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Not a hater...a big fan. If UNH is such a big hockey school, you could assume other aspiring NHL-ers would want to go there so why was JVR a one-man team?
Why not? It was his decision where he went to school, not yours.

Choosing a college is not something the organization decides for you. While they probably have some input to make sure you don't go anywhere suicidal like a club team in the middle of nowhere, it's still a family decision. Maybe he had a reason for going there that you don't know?

Quote:
Why does everyone sweat him? I like every player on the team (even Shelley who brings a veteran/leadership quality tho turned out to be awful fighter) but least like JVR. I just don't see it. Sorry guys. Sorry I don't think our entire roster is perfect, guess that makes me a hater
If you personally don't like the guy, that's one thing. Thinking he sucks or isn't living up to expectations when he clearly is is another issue entirely. Maybe your expectations of him were unreasonably high going in. That's the only possible explanation why you would hate on a 21-year-old former 1st round pick producing just like other stars on our team did when they were his age, playing a fully rounded game, and showing signs that he's going to be a dominant force once he fills out his frame.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 12-22-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
This thread is insane.

JvR STAYS!
I agree this thread is insane, and the thought of whoever thinks trading Briere no matter how much he's going to cost 3-4 years from now is insane as well. Until of course we find someone else that can clutch out 30 more points during a playoff run that is...

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If you personally don't like the guy, that's one thing. Thinking he sucks or isn't living up to expectations when he clearly is is another issue entirely. Maybe your expectations of him were unreasonably high going in. That's the only possible explanation why you would hate on a 21-year-old former 1st round pick producing just like other stars on our team did when they were his age, playing a fully rounded game, and showing signs that he's going to be a dominant force once he fills out his frame.
Why waste your time, Chris. Let it go.

Merry Christmas to JVR, our hardest shot and puckhandling star, and to Andreas Nodl too, the Fastest Flyer!

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
and to Andreas Nodl too, the Fastest Flyer!
Technically yes, but actually no. Powe lost an edge on the last bend, and Carter didn't compete. Carter is so fast it's scary.

Old
12-22-2010, 05:34 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Technically yes, but actually no. Powe lost an edge on the last bend, and Carter didn't compete. Carter is so fast it's scary.
Too bad Carter, just like that underachieving JVR, is too lazy to use that speed in a game.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 05:50 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Who the hell wrote that nonsense?

Sup NWO? Or is it Cartsiephan? I can never keep track of the haters anymore.
I have an easy way of keeping track of the haters. I look under my ignore list. You need to update yours. This place has been a lot better since I put 5 guys on Ignore.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:22 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Who cares if they did...if I had Patrick Kane on my team, his lack of inspiration in previous years would not come into question in his NHL career...that being said, we have JVR and he often appears uninspired...thus, one could look at his past and indicative.

I hear love is blind. When the flyers are winning, most of the fans on this message board are blind to the weaknesses on our team unless they are re: bad penalties taken
all young players go thru stretches where they "dissapear" or play "uninspired". Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux, and even I dare say Mike Richards. These guys have been pros for longer then JVR and they still go thru streches where they dont play well.
I dont live in Canada so I cant comment on the players on our team who have played junior hockey and whether or not had times when they were uninspired or looked like they didnt care or whatever. Did JVR play like that at times? of course he did. I am just going to guess that the young kids playing on our team today had moments like that.
I am not blinded by anything btw, I have been watching this team for 30 plus years and I dont have any issue calling anyone out whether I like the player or not. Doesnt matter whether or not we have the best record in the league or not.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote