HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques Martin cancels practice

Old
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
At least his techniques once worked , while Martin's techniques never did.What is your point?
Martin is a better coach than Keenan. You brought up Keenan's cup ring as if it makes him superior to JM. While you're right, he does have a cup ring, and I have no disrespect aimed towards him, the original discussion was based on the fact that you need a balanced head coach in today's game. Something Keenan isn't. I never meant to say Keenan sucks or Martin was better or worse 10 years ago, but in today's game, JM is a better coach.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Martin is a better coach than Keenan. You brought up Keenan's cup ring as if it makes him superior to JM. While you're right, he does have a cup ring, and I have no disrespect aimed towards him, the original discussion was based on the fact that you need a balanced head coach in today's game. Something Keenan isn't. I never meant to say Keenan sucks or Martin was better or worse 10 years ago, but in today's game, JM is a better coach.
The only reason Keenan won a cup was because of the players on the ice leading the team to the cup. Messier was more important than Keenan was to the Rangers. He destroyed rookies even faster than JM.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 05:30 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The only reason Keenan won a cup was because of the players on the ice leading the team to the cup. Messier was more important than Keenan was to the Rangers. He destroyed rookies even faster than JM.
Wow what a shocker , the star players of a stanley cup champion team being more important than the coach , never happened before !

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
HabsolutelyCanadien

Like someone said before I think Martin might lose his job soon to Kirk Muller! or maybe we should sit Jacques Martin and have Kirk Muller as the coach for a few games! and see if we can win that way and if we do start winning games with Kirk Muller as a coach then maybe Jacques Martin should be a assistant coach!

HabsolutelyCanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsolutelyCanadien View Post
Like someone said before I think Martin might lose his job soon to Kirk Muller! or maybe we should sit Jacques Martin and have Kirk Muller as the coach for a few games! and see if we can win that way and if we do start winning games with Kirk Muller as a coach then maybe Jacques Martin should be a assistant coach!
Martin in the press box for a game would be a very tragic kind of hilarious.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I heard they were all car pooling and heading on their way for a team bonding movie, they are big fans of Harry Potter I hear.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:11 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Make perfect sense.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
McNuts

Sounds like some kind of "not angry, disappointed" statement.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
I think you should start a thread on that.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:00 PM
HabsolutelyCanadien

I also wish that Jacques Martin would stick with the best lines possible until we get those good defencemans and good power forwards!

HabsolutelyCanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
mvp76

I bet he's working on new lines..

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Gally11

Wasn't that one of the reasons why Gainey fired Carbo? He was changing lines left and right, said the players needed some consistency and also that the players needed a defensive system. (I feel like that happened after a loss to the Stars coincidently lol)

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:26 PM
NewHabsEra*

Ive an idea, fire Jacques Martin and replace him with some degerated fans who think they could do better than him behind the bench, Gauthier should dress a list of the most convinced ones and after every loss we change for another one.. my prediction would be that we would dress 82 head coaches during that year..

Get serious, there is nothing wrong with our coaching staff, our D is now exposed and the only solution to limit the downfall is the guys regrouping going to the war for each other like it was the case earlier, before something obviously happened between Subban and some vets..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 12-22-2010 at 07:36 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
TheNewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Ive an idea, fire Jacques Martin and replace him with some degerated fans who think they could do better than him behind the bench, Gauthier should dress a list of the most convinced ones and after every loss we change for another one.. my prediction would be that we would dress 82 head coaches during that year..

Get serious, there is nothing wrong with our coaching staff, our D is now exposed and the only solution to limit the downfall is the guys regrouping going to the war for each other like it was the case earlier, before something obviously happened between Subban and some vets..
I say we do it we might get our hands on a franchise player and our first superstar in forever

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
HabsoluteFate

who on twitter? I don't see anything about it so i'd like to add whoever had originally said this...

thanks

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:01 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
who on twitter? I don't see anything about it so i'd like to add whoever had originally said this...

thanks
bookmark this site http://www.habsinsideout.com/

btw, I don't blame JM for cancelling practice. I'd want to get out of Texas asap myself.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Wasn't that one of the reasons why Gainey fired Carbo? He was changing lines left and right, said the players needed some consistency and also that the players needed a defensive system. (I feel like that happened after a loss to the Stars coincidently lol)
It was a win, actually

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Gally11

According to RDS he cancelled practice so they have no excuses come tomorrow night. Also he confirmed Weber will be in the line up, didn't say who's out though.. Also we can assume Kostitsyn willl be back so that leaves two.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
According to RDS he cancelled practice so they have no excuses come tomorrow night. Also he confirmed Weber will be in the line up, didn't say who's out though.. Also we can assume Kostitsyn willl be back so that leaves two.
Picard and Pouliot out is my prediction..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
This thread needs more of Sal

I WANT HIM FIRED
Hamrlik slept with his wife.

Can we get an "Expect No Bag Skate" gif now? (Old, I know. Don't care)

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Hamrlik slept with his wife.

Can we get an "Expect No Bag Skate" gif now? (Old, I know. Don't care)
Hey man, I'm still sporting one of those bad boys!

On that note, how long have you been creeping around here, and/or what was your previous username?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:33 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
I also wish that Jacques Martin would stick with the best lines possible until we get those good defencemans and good power forwards!
That's part of the unfortunate truth. The lines he plays every night are the ones he thinks are best.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote