HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Where's the Puck?" Edition- 12/22/10 Predators @ Blackhawks

Old
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
No shutout.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

We can't catch a break, can we?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
cleangene

So much for this team needing a rest. PREDS looked like they have been on a 12 game road trip. I didn't hear the reason Toots was scratched, but whatever it was- BELAK SHOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be in this lineup ever again. I've got a carload of friends coming from Knoxville for the game tomorrow....PLEASE PREDS, DON'T PUT THE SAME "EFFORT" YOU DID INTO THAT GAME WHICH YOU DID TONIGHT.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

That was... ugly...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Everlong
-

Taking wilson off the top line was a big mistake. He has loads of confidence right now and its being wasted on the third line. He's better as a complimentary player rather the only pure offensive guy on the line.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Lost a lot of respect for Toews. He dove like a fish on that push from suter. What a *****.

Trotz is pissing me off this game. Only the Predators would lose offense when a former leading scorer comes back. Why move wilson? He was doing fine!
Listening to the Chicago broadcasters, because I get tired of Crisp, and they mentioned that Wilson was one of the best forwards tonight. Funny that he starts the game with Smithson and Ward and then ends up on "spot duty". Has been moved from left wing to center to right wing to left wing. You have to wonder.
Although he was on for, and a part of the third goal against. He had jump and looked like he could have created more offense, given skilled line mates.
I thought Goc had a great game tonight from what I saw. Hornqvist, lots of shots, but not huge scoring chances.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
So much for this team needing a rest. PREDS looked like they have been on a 12 game road trip. I didn't hear the reason Toots was scratched, but whatever it was- BELAK SHOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be in this lineup ever again. I've got a carload of friends coming from Knoxville for the game tomorrow....PLEASE PREDS, DON'T PUT THE SAME "EFFORT" YOU DID INTO THAT GAME WHICH YOU DID TONIGHT.
Yeah, no kidding. I'm bummed out I bought lower deck tickets to the Kings game. Tomorrow's game doesn't look promising based on tonight's display.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

That was simply horrible. Worst game our forwards have played all season.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:28 PM
hockey diva

Worse than the Toronto game?

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I miss radulov
Why did he leave for the KHL in the first place? More money? Or couldn't handle the nhl physicality/schedule?

Old
12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

OK ... the perspective from the oxygen depleted zone known as Section 302 of the United Center.

- The Klein pass to Lindback. Unconventional, based on how it was played by Anders, not unexpected, and not what ultimately cost us the goal. Even after the puck goes to the far boards, only Klein is back. By the time Cube gets back, the puck is on its way past Lindback. Without the benefit of replay, it looked like Klein realized that he was about to get pressured and decided to pass to Lindback to reduce the threat of getting his pocket picked and a resulting unopposed rush. Can't defend the decision, but, can't really skewer him for it either.

- The Suter penalty was utter bovine excrement when compared to the after whistle activities before and after. SOB then leaves Skille waaay toooo open for the goal. Another case of our guys leaving one side of the ice wide open and the opposition taking full advantage. Follow up the defensive failure with a stupid penalty. Not a good night for SOB.

- A Preds PPG. Amazing in itself. Not amazing that it was SK74 and Erat involved. At least SK looked like he bothered to show up for the game.

- The last goal .... one hell of an individual effort by JP to create a scoring chance, hit a post (I was starting to stand. From the altitude of my seats it looked like it could have been a quick in and out), just to have it wasted by another rush for them that ends up in the back of the net.

Our PK needs to pull its collective head from its rear. Too many games in a row now with a goal allowed. Lindback looked shaky in his last win, got blasted Saturday night, and was off again tonight ... we need Pekka. Stupid penalties, next. If anyone can figure out why Belak was in the lineup (putting us down a forward before the game started), please let me know. Our lines, if you can call them that, were so jacked up that I can't figure out what Trotz was inhaling/injecting, let alone what he was thinking. Our d-men need to make sure there is somebody covering when they pinch ... too many times we had one d-man back, his partner trying to catch up, and maybe a forward trying to get back ... smart hockey trumps flashy. Anders needs a break ... he had a good run for a rookie, but, he's looked very mortal the past few games.

I need a couple of adult beverages after having to drive tonight. That was a rough one to watch. The "madhouse" is a far cry from the Stadium, or even the UC from a decade plus ago. Nobody even got vulgar or loud when I'm in their barn ... no beer shower in the 300 level seats .... bandwagoners all around me ($90+ nosebleeds will do that) ..... a disappointing game from my team, a disappointing treatment from my home town in their barn.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:16 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Why did he leave for the KHL in the first place? More money? Or couldn't handle the nhl physicality/schedule?
Immaturity, money, rumors of other off ice issues in Russia, rumors that he wanted to be addressed instantly when the team had a full year to work out a deal before Rads became an RFA ..... pick which story you want to believe and run with it. I'm blaming talking harmonicas this week.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Went to the final two Garth Brooks shows tonight at the Bridge. Guess I had a better time than those that watched the game...

Too happy to be upset about the loss. Sometimes it's a good thing to play the next day after you lay a stinker (or a pair of stinkers), let's just hope tomorrow is a better day to be a Predators fan!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:26 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Went to the final two Garth Brooks shows tonight at the Bridge. Guess I had a better time than those that watched the game...

Too happy to be upset about the loss. Sometimes it's a good thing to play the next day after you lay a stinker (or a pair of stinkers), let's just hope tomorrow is a better day to be a Predators fan!
Im glad you had a good night cause im still in shock with the horrible play, and the worst coached game of the year.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:48 AM
OpenWheel

Can the next GDT starter retire the good bad and the ugly?

That mojo has been spent. There's been no good, for two games. And the ugly is the Trotz line choices. The bad, well, pick most anything.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:07 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
ummmm.....Hey, we didn't get shut out!!

It's one thing to lose, but we've been outscored in these 2 games 10-2.

I hope SK is starting another points streak!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Can the next GDT starter retire the good bad and the ugly?

That mojo has been spent. There's been no good, for two games. And the ugly is the Trotz line choices. The bad, well, pick most anything.
If nobody has prior dibs, I'll take a whack at the GDT tomorrow. I get off work around 1 in the afternoon but could get a call to another job. If I don't get one up by 1pm et, feel free to jump in and take it.

Cheers,
ctc

Old
12-23-2010, 03:30 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
If nobody has prior dibs, I'll take a whack at the GDT tomorrow. I get off work around 1 in the afternoon but could get a call to another job. If I don't get one up by 1pm et, feel free to jump in and take it.

Cheers,
ctc
No problem from me, though ive never made a GDT and dont have much say

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 10:52 AM
roseyc

Everybody is complaining about the defensive side and it wasn't it's best. Yeah Klein in a panic passed to Linebach who made a bad pass. Yeah and SOB didn't got confused and let Skille walk down and wrist the puck over Linebach shoulder. But the offense was patethic. Trotz is so amazing that during the win streak was that Wilson and O'Reil was clicking and the pairing of Erat and Sk was producing some offense. Wilson went from like two goal to 7 in that span and Erat came alive with Sk and what does Trotz do move Wilson to the dynamic scoring line of Smithson and Ward. Why for the ever loving sakes is Smithson and Tootoo ever on a scoring line. We have two centers that have combined 4 goals with Spaling and Smithson and they get most of the minutes. Smithson has 3 goals now then he must be on a scoring line.
Trotz paniced over the beatdown by the Kings. That is just one game and now it's a two game loosing streak because of the offensive moves by Trotz. There were a minimum of chances. We had no offensive threat at all. Still considering the mistake that were made and bad calls. That penalty to SOB was bogus. Even the Sutter call is usually let go because it was in front of the net. The game was in doubt up to that 3rd goal by Skille and that more luck than anything. What is getting on my nerves is that Crispy and the coaches always blame the players. They aren't doing this and they are doing that. Well if they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing then maybe it's the coaching. The Preds most of the time looked confused on offense especially. The way Trotz strategy last night all the Hawks had to do was check basically one line ...the Erat and Sk line. The Sully/OR/Horn line was confused and then Dumont and that ever so productive player Belak(Why is he on this team). Then Trotz really got them scared when Ward/Smithson/paired with Wilson jumped over the boards. There is no offensive strategy to our offensive and the power play..don't get me started. Dumont made a great move and hit the post which was bad luck but what Trotz is doing putting him on the 4th line and then when the offense doesn't work and in the third start mixing and matching Dumont with ever line possible is beyond sad. Dumont deserves better. Well onto the next game and the plodding offense

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote