HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jussi...

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 05:35 AM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Jussi...

what's the difference if bergenheim plays on the isles fourth line or jokerit's fourth line? jokerit didn't give him a single opportunity last year! talk about a possible disruption in progression!

btw, please don't take this as anger directed toward you.

also, it's worth mentioning that agreement jokerit's gm was talking about is a little wierd. the isles could easily say something like, "we roll four lines and therefore we don't really have a true fourth line." know what i mean? anyway, with jokerit's treatment of bergenheim last year i'm ready to say "screw 'em." again, no offence intended toward yourself.

if the isles could form four lines like this, i'd be content to leave bergenheim here, as all lines would play:

kvasha-yashin-czerkawski (although i don't want chow here, but that's a differnt story)
papineau-peca-parrish
wiemer-scatchard-blake
bergenheim-bates-asham

however, if godard (man, does he ever suck) makes this team, then i would rather see bergenheim returned to jokerit. i don't want him playing with that bum. all that will do is take away from sean's ice time because godard is so crappy. the coach would have zero faith in that line to get anything done if godard was on it. however, playing with bates and asham would be very beneficial for sean, imo.

Old
10-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac
what's the difference if bergenheim plays on the isles fourth line or jokerit's fourth line? jokerit didn't give him a single opportunity last year! talk about a possible disruption in progression!

btw, please don't take this as anger directed toward you.

also, it's worth mentioning that agreement jokerit's gm was talking about is a little wierd. the isles could easily say something like, "we roll four lines and therefore we don't really have a true fourth line." know what i mean? anyway, with jokerit's treatment of bergenheim last year i'm ready to say "screw 'em." again, no offence intended toward yourself.

if the isles could form four lines like this, i'd be content to leave bergenheim here, as all lines would play:

kvasha-yashin-czerkawski (although i don't want chow here, but that's a differnt story)
papineau-peca-parrish
wiemer-scatchard-blake
bergenheim-bates-asham

however, if godard (man, does he ever suck) makes this team, then i would rather see bergenheim returned to jokerit. i don't want him playing with that bum. all that will do is take away from sean's ice time because godard is so crappy. the coach would have zero faith in that line to get anything done if godard was on it. however, playing with bates and asham would be very beneficial for sean, imo.
Well, first of all Sean wouldn't be playing in the 4th line. He'd most likely be placed in the first line alongside Timo Vertala and Petri Pakaslahti. No use breaking up the only producing line of Marko Jantunen-Glen Metropolt-Tomek Valtonen (listed as 2nd line, actually 1st line).

As for Sean's treatment last season, you're right about that one, along with all the Jokerit fans. The current national team coach Raimo Summanen didn't give Sean the icetime he deserved for some reason. But, new coach Hannu Jortikka had put him in the same line with Metropolit and Jantunen during the summer training period. If he were to return, I don't think he'd play with them for the reasons mentioned above.

As for the rolling of lines, you're not only one to think of that. "Eh" said the same thing at the Jatkoaika boards. But that agreement was put in Sean's contract by Sean's and his agents request, apparently. At least according to a pretty reliable poster at Jatkoaika.com.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:52 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
Well, first of all Sean wouldn't be playing in the 4th line. He'd most likely be placed in the first line alongside Timo Vertala and Petri Pakaslahti. No use breaking up the only producing line of Marko Jantunen-Glen Metropolt-Tomek Valtonen (listed as 2nd line, actually 1st line).

As for Sean's treatment last season, you're right about that one, along with all the Jokerit fans. The current national team coach Raimo Summanen didn't give Sean the icetime he deserved for some reason. But, new coach Hannu Jortikka had put him in the same line with Metropolit and Jantunen during the summer training period. If he were to return, I don't think he'd play with them for the reasons mentioned above.

As for the rolling of lines, you're not only one to think of that. "Eh" said the same thing at the Jatkoaika boards. But that agreement was put in Sean's contract by Sean's and his agents request, apparently. At least according to a pretty reliable poster at Jatkoaika.com.
thanks for the info. glad to see that i'm not the only one who was puzzled by sean's lack of ice time in 2002-2003.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

In reference to Godard:
Uhhhh, what do you mean there? Have you ever seen this guy. He's not only our enforcer now, he may rank among the top 3 fighters in hockey by the end of the season. This guy is absolutely necessary to our team, especially against certain opponents.

He's certainly not a bum nor is he garbage, and he IS gonna be among the absolute fan favorites by season's end, of that you can take my word.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:10 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
In reference to Godard:
Uhhhh, what do you mean there? Have you ever seen this guy. He's not only our enforcer now, he may rank among the top 3 fighters in hockey by the end of the season. This guy is absolutely necessary to our team, especially against certain opponents.

He's certainly not a bum nor is he garbage, and he IS gonna be among the absolute fan favorites by season's end, of that you can take my word.
i mean that i think he sucks.

Closed Thread