HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Recalled!

Old
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
go for it! I'm half serious here. I want the guy to do well just like anyone else. I think he's a great player, but how can you go forward with any confidence with this guy? he's our only true top six player and the catalyst to any true offense for this team, and he's an injury away from being out of the line up at any given time.
¿Qué ? Dubinsky and Callahan are easily top-6 forwards, and Anisimov isn't far behind. And Stepan is on pace for 20+ goals and 40+ points. 2nd line numbers.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 08:48 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
¿Qué ? Dubinsky and Callahan are easily top-6 forwards, and Anisimov isn't far behind. And Stepan is on pace for 20+ goals and 40+ points. 2nd line numbers.
ok, Gaborik is one of our few top six forwards. Duby and Cally have only recently transitioned from third line to 2B line players.
we'll see on Stephan, same with AA.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Fataldogg

Surprise, surprise, Gaborik is hurt again

The guy is made of glass.

That being said, it is the perfect time for him to feel uncomfortable w/ his groin. The Rangers have an extremely light schedule right now. It will give him some time to feel better.

I hope MZA does well. It gives him an opportunity to show what he has got. If he doesn't make a splash he'll be sent down again, no question about it. Major downgrade from Gaborik (despite Gaborik not playing well this year).

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
ok, Gaborik is one of our few top six forwards. Duby and Cally have only recently transitioned from third line to 2B line players.
In fairness to Gaborik, he isn't a top-6 player, he is a top-3 player. He is on the first line for any team in the NHL. Most second lines don't have a 40+ goals / 80+ points sniper. I'm not even a fan of how Gaborik has played this year but he is a legitimate first line talent for any team.

And yes, I agree that Dubinsky and Callahan are more 2B players than legitimate second line players. They're both border line top-6.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
In fairness to Gaborik, he isn't a top-6 player, he is a top-3 player. He is on the first line for any team in the NHL. Most second lines don't have a 40+ goals / 80+ points sniper. I'm not even a fan of how Gaborik has played this year but he is a legitimate first line talent for any team.

And yes, I agree that Dubinsky and Callahan are more 2B players than legitimate second line players. They're both border line top-6.
didn't mean to imply that Gabs wasn't top 3 talent, i just wrote it wrong. he truly is an elite player and i'm just torn that he came with a caveat; he just can't stay healthy.

The secondary scoring and team game they're playing now is great, it should always be there, but this team is doing NOTHING without Gaborik healthy and scoring. The start of his season isn't very encouraging.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:44 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

This topic has been beaten to death but please look up how many forwards there are in the league who scored over 40 points last year. I guarantee there will be less than 90. They are 2nd liners. This isn't NH: '11 where Mikko Koivu is a 2nd line center playing with Phil Kessel and Chris Stewart.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
haveandare

Quote:
didn't mean to imply that Gabs wasn't top 3 talent, i just wrote it wrong. he truly is an elite player and i'm just torn that he came with a caveat; he just can't stay healthy.

The secondary scoring and team game they're playing now is great, it should always be there, but this team is doing NOTHING without Gaborik healthy and scoring. The start of his season isn't very encouraging.
Nearly everything they've done this season has been without Gaborik healthy and scoring.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
yea he's def a 1st line guy and an elite player in the league its just the "staying healthy" thing. i wonder what he could land us if he were to be moved.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:52 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Dubinsky and Callahan are legitimate top-6 forwards. They are 20+ goal scorers who are both physical, can pk, and are good defensively. There is no argument here.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Nearly everything they've done this season has been without Gaborik healthy and scoring.
This is why I don't really give a **** if he's not playing.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:02 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Dubinsky and Callahan are legitimate top-6 forwards. They are 20+ goal scorers who are both physical, can pk, and are good defensively. There is no argument here.
This.

and Gaborik is an elite first liner, you people are ridiculous.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:05 PM
XLJ

Dubinsky was on pace for 53 points last year if he played the full season. This year he is on pace for 60 plus points. That is not "2b" type production. He is a legitimate top 6 player. He would be fine on the first line too playing with Gaborik if the rangers ever got a number 1 type center. Marleau-Thornton-Heatley line are the exception. They are not many lines like that in todays nhl.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:13 PM
GarretJoseph*

Not sure what all the hype is about, he sucked in pre-season.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
No, he didn't.

Old
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Typical Ranger fan love fest.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Really? He looked like a kid with plenty of creativity that was struggling to adjust to a smaller ice surface. And he played the same way his first handful of AHL games. Then he adjusted...and started scoring points in bunches.

But no, he sucked. We'll stick with that awesome analysis.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:15 AM
racer90

i think dubinsky is a 2nd line player.
i think dubinsky is a bit ahead of cally

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
why don't you watch some Whale games and see how well he's adjusted to the ice over here.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:04 AM
MrAlfie

where are all those penguins avatars coming from??

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:25 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
why don't you watch some Whale games and see how well he's adjusted to the ice over here.
Sure, what channel are they on here in the City? Or do you know of public transportation that can take me to Harford? Come on, I support the Rangers, not Hartford. I have interest in the kids playing there but I wouldn't go spend money on them. IF they were on TV, sure I'd watch them, but they are not.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:26 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
No, he didn't.
Yeah, he was so good he made the team.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:29 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Really? He looked like a kid with plenty of creativity that was struggling to adjust to a smaller ice surface. And he played the same way his first handful of AHL games. Then he adjusted...and started scoring points in bunches.

But no, he sucked. We'll stick with that awesome analysis.
Can't remember the last time a team got excited over 3rd/4th line talent or tops, what a good 2nd line player? We're not calling up Crosby here or Oveckhin. I didn't bash the kid, I said he sucked in pre-season, something that the coaches obviously felt by not placing him on the team. I'm not rooting for him to fail, I'm just wondering what all the hype is, he's not a savior, this isn't Messier arriving on b'way or landing Gretzky in the summer. This is a kid who I thought didn't deserve to make the Rangers and wasn't all that impressed with his game. Ya'll have a great way over over hyping our prospects and the list is long and deep.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Sure, what channel are they on here in the City? Or do you know of public transportation that can take me to Harford? Come on, I support the Rangers, not Hartford. I have interest in the kids playing there but I wouldn't go spend money on them. IF they were on TV, sure I'd watch them, but they are not.
no, but i can point you towards a computer. it's the one you're using to type that post. you can stream games my dude. and it's cool to not follow Hartford but you should so you know about everyone in the system if you want to make a statement like that about a player.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Yeah, he was so good he made the team.
Mr Boyle id like to take this one please.

Garret, do you know anything about what it takes for players to make a team? he has to adjust, hes used to the ice in Europe and a totally different system. once he gets comfortable he'll be a Ranger. he's not some guy we went out of our way to sign then bury him in the minors. come on now guy.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:41 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

3rd/4th line talent? Get over yourself. The guy is obviously very talented. He led the ****ing SEL in scoring at 22. Just because he doesn't come in immediately and play like a superstar doesn't mean he sucks.

Jesus Christ, do people have patience around here?