HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holiday Slump Officially Underway - Habs Lose 5-2

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMuller93 View Post
Exacly, Well said.

Playing Moen on the top 6 for about 5-6 games is completely unacceptable.

Its confirmed that the GM of the Vancouver Canucks went to Vigneault and told him change your style to be more offensive or you will not be here very long. Why cant upper management from the Habs have a little talk with Martin?

Ill admit we do not have the offensive talent Canucks have, but we still have some craetive and speedy forwards that would be able to take it to teams if they were not restricted within Martin's " system"
Both you and JayBee are off the beam. Having Moen in the top 6 had nothing to do with it. The Habs continue to lose with Pacioretty, a legitimate top 6 LW, in his place. Moen was there to add some brawn, which was lacking on a smurf line. The most futile andd laughable move was putting Pyatt in as a center on a scoring line.

Old
12-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

If you'd told me back in Aug that we'd be 19-13-2 at this point in the season, I'd have happily taken it. We've played well all year long and this is the first slump. Nothing to get too freaked out over yet. I didn't think they'd be near this good but they've at least earned the benefit of the doubt.

Let's see how the team responds.

Old
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Both you and JayBee are off the beam. Having Moen in the top 6 had nothing to do with it. The Habs continue to lose with Pacioretty, a legitimate top 6 LW, in his place. Moen was there to add some brawn, which was lacking on a smurf line. The most futile andd laughable move was putting Pyatt in as a center on a scoring line.
The 2nd line is much better with MaxPac there. Moen is not a top 6 player, he can't keep up with the play and can't score. He's useless on the top 6. And the 2nd line isn't the only issue with this team, so fixing it does not automatically fix the rest of the issues.

Old
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If you'd told me back in Aug that we'd be 19-13-2 at this point in the season, I'd have happily taken it. We've played well all year long and this is the first slump. Nothing to get too freaked out over yet. I didn't think they'd be near this good but they've at least earned the benefit of the doubt.

You make too much sense for this thread.

Old
12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

woah! no more tanking ?

Old
12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
couris

Quote:

Old
12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
HabsolutelyCanadien

Cammalleri Plekanec Gionta Halpern Darche Pouliot Kostitsyn Eller Lapierre Weber White Subban are very good players! and Carey Price is a very good goalie! he already prooved it! so right now all we need to be able to win more games and score more goals and have the best chance to win the stanley cup 25 times! is the best defencemans! the best power forwards! and the best goalie we can get right now from trading! so I wish Pierre Gauthier would stop waiting until it's too late and just be a real GM and TRADE RIGHT NOW THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS BECAUSE WE NEED THE BEST DEFENCEMANS AND THE BEST POWER FORWARDS WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW!!! SO PLEASE TRADE RIGHT NOW : Hamrlik Spacek Picard Gill Gorges Moen Gomez Pyatt and Auld AND THEN WE WILL BE ALLSET TO GET OUR BEST DEFENCEMANS AND BEST POWER FORWARDS AND THE BEST GOALIE THAT WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO WIN MORE GAMES AND TO SCORE MORE GOALS AND FINALLY HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF WINNING THE STANLEY CUP 25 TIMES! BUT ANYWAYS! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Old
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Yanstar274

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsolutelyCanadien View Post
Cammalleri Plekanec Gionta Halpern Darche Pouliot Kostitsyn Eller Lapierre Weber White Subban are very good players! and Carey Price is a very good goalie! he already prooved it! so right now all we need to be able to win more games and score more goals and have the best chance to win the stanley cup 25 times! is the best defencemans! the best power forwards! and the best goalie we can get right now from trading! so I wish Pierre Gauthier would stop waiting until it's too late and just be a real GM and TRADE RIGHT NOW THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS BECAUSE WE NEED THE BEST DEFENCEMANS AND THE BEST POWER FORWARDS WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW!!! SO PLEASE TRADE RIGHT NOW : Hamrlik Spacek Picard Gill Gorges Moen Gomez Pyatt and Auld AND THEN WE WILL BE ALLSET TO GET OUR BEST DEFENCEMANS AND BEST POWER FORWARDS AND THE BEST GOALIE THAT WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO WIN MORE GAMES AND TO SCORE MORE GOALS AND FINALLY HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF WINNING THE STANLEY CUP 25 TIMES! BUT ANYWAYS! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!
Trade Gorges...really? Plz tell me what makes him a bad player? Is it the What Have You Done Lately Politic?

Old
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Most people learn to read and write when they enter school. They don't have to use the carttoonish symbols they learned in pre-pre-school. So why aren't you capable of expressing yourself in words? Haven't you advanced to that stage? Do you need remedial instruction?

Old
12-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsolutelyCanadien View Post
Unfortunately, it would be necessary to sacrifice some of the players you identify as very good to get a few players you like. Who would want Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, Picard, Auld, Pyatt, and Gill, and Gomez is too expensive. I don't think White qualifies as a very good player and his trade value is slight. Nor would Lapierre be of great interest outside Montréal. Even Halpern and Darche, who have made big contributions to the Habs so far this seasonr, wouldn't be hot items on the trade market.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
woah! no more tanking ?
I think the time for a rebuild was the past few years, esp. last year when we got Gomez and company. To me, those moves didn't make much sense.

At this point, we aren't rebuilding so we have to hope for the best with what we've got.

At this point we've played infinitely better than last year so I don't think we can complain. I expected us to be life and death for the playoffs this year and we've played much, much better than that.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Some of the Habs recent losses were to teams with better records (Detroit, hiladelphia, Colorado, and Dallas). None of the losses were to teams trying to catch the Habs and the only win, against the Bruins, was critical. Losing to the Islanders in particular would concern me.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:33 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
I think the time for a rebuild was the past few years, esp. last year when we got Gomez and company. To me, those moves didn't make much sense.

At this point, we aren't rebuilding so we have to hope for the best with what we've got.

At this point we've played infinitely better than last year so I don't think we can complain. I expected us to be life and death for the playoffs this year and we've played much, much better than that.
think it was pretty obvious after all the UFA signings two summers ago that we werent rebuilding either...

Old
12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
The fact is and still remain , this team can't win until Cammalleri , Gomez and Gionta's contracts are done.
Another fact , we won't be getting any stars from the draft because these players are actually too good to be that bad , but too bad to be that good. ( im a genius I know )

Old
12-22-2010, 11:13 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
The fact is and still remain , this team can't win until Cammalleri , Gomez and Gionta's contracts are done.
Another fact , we won't be getting any stars from the draft because these players are actually too good to be that bad , but too bad to be that good. ( im a genius I know )
Haha, do you know what a fact is by any chance?

Old
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Thanks for the good laughs.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:01 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

It does suck that we never suck bad enough to get lottery picks, but aren't usually good enough to go all the way.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
NHLfan

No need to panic but...

Martin is making some coaching mistakes and misusing his players. Gorges and Spacek are playing injured. You have a fresh body in Weber. Sit one of the two to rest a bit and not aggravate their injuries. Sitting Andrei K was a very bad decision. And what is the idea of changing lines all the time even when the team was winning? Was is the idea of putting Lars Eller on the RW? What is the idea if playing Moen on the 2nd line?

Old
12-23-2010, 12:14 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

well I think that Cammy Plek and Gio are gonna retire with us! I really hope so anyways cause I think Cammy Plek and Gio are the best players we have! and yeah cause Cammy is signed for another 4 years I believe and Plek another 6 years and Gio another 4 years! but yeah if they do get traded well then I think that we would get the best 1st line since we won the last cup in 1993! cause I think Cammy Plek and Gio are worth alot and if they ever get sacrificed traded well then I think that we would get the most offence compared to any other players we have right now I think! but either way RIGHT NOW I think we need to trade those players I mentioned because I'm sure we can get wayyyyyyyy better by trading Hamrlik Spacek Gill Picard Gomez Pyatt Moen and Auld! that way we will at least get BETTER in DEFENCE and OFFENCE THIS SEASON RIGHT NOW in my opinion! and yeah nevermind your right Gorges I would keep! yeah because sometimes he's really good in defence and has a good slap shot beat miller once! but anyways! let's start winning! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Old
12-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
It does suck that we never suck bad enough to get lottery picks, but aren't usually good enough to go all the way.
Price was a lottery pick at #5 (in 2005, when every team had a shot at #1) and Pouliot was the Wild's #4 pick that same year. I guess you're referring to superstars like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Stamkos.How many Cups have the Penguins won since they drafted Fleury, Malkin, and Crosby (#1, #2, #1 in successive years? Not all high picks are in that class. Fleury at #1 isn't. Neither is DiPietro at #2.? Just one.Then there was Alain Daigle at #1. The last Hab #1 pick was Doug Wickenheiser, who dudn't even turn out to be a superstar. It's not just finishing last, it's also the year in which the Habs would have a lottery pick.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post

Well in fact I'm happy we never sucks to be a lottery tea, because then the season is very painful and I'm glas the team is trying to win by another way than tanking. I don't, but I find this to be a loser mentality.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:24 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Price was a lottery pick at #5 (in 2005, when every team had a shot at #1) and Pouliot was the Wild's #4 pick that same year. I guess you're referring to superstars like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Stamkos.How many Cups have the Penguins won since they drafted Fleury, Malkin, and Crosby (#1, #2, #1 in successive years? Not all high picks are in that class. Fleury at #1 isn't. Neither is DiPietro at #2.? Just one.Then there was Alain Daigle at #1. The last Hab #1 pick was Doug Wickenheiser, who dudn't even turn out to be a superstar. It's not just finishing last, it's also the year in which the Habs would have a lottery pick.
I'm referring to having one top 5 pick since 1985. I didn't say every lottery pick are high class, but they sure as heck give you a significantly higher chance to draft one. There's been what, two 1st overall busts in the last 20 years? DiPietro doesn't count, no sane GM or scouting service had him ranked ahead of Heatley or Gaborik.

When you have first round scouting as brutal as ours, having a top 5 pick sure as hell helps our chances of getting someone who will make an impact and can be a building block for a great team. Also with regards to Fleury, if we'd had the #1 overall pick in 2003 we could have taken Eric Staal, who was touted as the #1 pick going in to the draft.

Also to answer your question, the Penguins have won one cup, and had two finals appearances in a row. One more cup than we have in the last decade. Not only that, their team competes every year with a realistic chance at a cup run.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:26 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

agreed, and even on good drafting years, you have to finish dead last, not 29th... I mean, Bobby Ryan and J Johnson are fine at #2 and #3 but theyre very far behind Crosby in term of impact... and the year before, after Malkin and Ovechkin, there was Ladd, Barker, Montoya, Wheeler, that's a HUGE drop in talent...

shows that not only you have to be really bad, but you have to be bad enough to finish last -> the right year...

(not in a Patrick Stefan year...)

Closed Thread