Thrashers lose 4-2 to St Louis

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Thrashers lose 4-2 to St Louis

Win some, lose some. I'm sure back to back nights didn't hurt....

Old
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Man do I hate that final 2 minute PP pulling the tender. Everyone is afraid to shoot because they know we have an empty net. Buff and Toby both passed on good looks and it ultimately cost us the game..

I know most people would pull the tender, I personally just hate it because of how tentative everyone gets.

Old
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Win some, lose some. I'm sure back to back nights didn't hurt....
Definitely didn't help our part. Weak goals allowed by Mason. Team took far too long to amp up the energy, if we played like we did near the end of the 3rd the game would be ours but we didn't.

Old
12-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Sleazoid
Who needs offense?

I guess Boston will be playing with Thomas in net and we will have Pavs? I still feel like we will win.

Old
12-21-2010, 08:56 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Man do I hate that final 2 minute PP pulling the tender. Everyone is afraid to shoot because they know we have an empty net. Buff and Toby both passed on good looks and it ultimately cost us the game..

I know most people would pull the tender, I personally just hate it because of how tentative everyone gets.
Eh, I wouldn't overanalyze it.

Old
12-21-2010, 09:13 PM
SilverRiver89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

I feel like we almost always give up the empty netter, power play or otherwise. NHL.com says we've given up 6. Not sure if that's updated yet though, so it might be 7 (meaning we're tied with Buffalo for the most).

Old
12-21-2010, 09:15 PM
SilverRiver89

Ramsay's post game press conference: http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...id=14&id=88599

Old
12-21-2010, 09:24 PM
TOAONCBA

Just damn... Maybe I shouldn't head down to Philips any more... Last three I've gone to were Colorado, Carolina, and now this...

Old
12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
fatschoonerrat

I've never watched a Ramsay post-game interview I didn't like.

Old
12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

just got home:

the team was CLEARLY worn out tonight, the schedule has been brutal recently.

great crowd for a tuesday and it was really loud once we got the 2nd goal

i didnt see who had the terrible giveaway before the ENG but it was bad

we had a ton of shots but neither team had many great chances, pretty boring game for the most part

glad that we didnt just roll over and really put the pressure on towards the end

Old
12-21-2010, 10:05 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Just saw that highlights of the game. The goalie interference call on Buff was an absolutely awful call. I can see waving the goal oof but to give him 2 minutes as well? Also, yeah bad turnover by Ladd at the end. Guy like that doesn't make a mistake like that too often.

Old
12-21-2010, 10:14 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

And to all a good night.

Old
12-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOAONCBA View Post
Just damn... Maybe I shouldn't head down to Philips any more... Last three I've gone to were Colorado, Carolina, and now this...
I feel ya man. 2 times I have traveled to Atlanta to see them play and two times I have been sent home watching them lose

Old
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Shameus

I have to agree with Telfo, you can tell the team needs a few days off. They were really dragging. Mason didn't bail them out and they made some pretty bad turnover (1st and 4th goal especially).

Johnny O saved a goal after Bogo botched up a PP zone keep. He really does bail Bogo out of a lot of situations.

I don't see how Pevs, Antro, and Ladd are going to walk tomorrow. They were out there every other shift in the third and in some cases back to back after timeouts.

Thorburn is going to make a good coach some day. Just seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot. Blocking shots and in lanes where he needed to be. He reads the game very well; even one of the newbies I took to the game commented about it.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
TOAONCBA

On a good note... 14,662 was the gate for the night... not bad for a Tuesday

Old
12-22-2010, 12:22 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOAONCBA View Post
Don't stop going! If I was rich I'd fly down and go to the games when the Devils weren't playing. Not going to the games is one of the worst things you can do as a fan of this team.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Aaronxxx

i don't like that a lot of fingers are being pointed at mason. it was a team loss tonight.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
TOAONCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Don't stop going! If I was rich I'd fly down and go to the games when the Devils weren't playing. Not going to the games is one of the worst things you can do as a fan of this team.
Just venting some frustration. After suffering through ten years of pain, a few bad outcomes aren't gonna keep me away. Had to head down by myself tonight after some other guys bailed so it just made for a sullen night. BTW, if anyone on the north side wants to head to a game but ain't got anyone to go with just PM me. If I'm not working then I am down. Sucks having to go by yourself.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:13 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Mason was fine last night. The Home Giveaway was courtesy of Ron Hainsey who tossed the errant cross rink softie that wound up as an open blast between the circles. What was Mason to do? The Blues even said they were aiming high glove because they knew and Mason knew that was where he's weakest.

Mason got stronger as the night wore on. He made enough saves to keep us in it.

The second Blues goal was pinpoint passing and undid our defensive coverage. Again, Mason, Pavelec, doesn't matter, that one was going in.

The last goal, ya, would have been nice if Mason had been leaning high glove instead of stick side. The other 2 goals, he had no blame for.

EVANDER KANE was an absolute stud last night. I deem him "BABY BUFF." Looked like he has been talking to Buff about owning the puck. He was pushing guys off of him with his lower body as he was taking control of the puck. It was unreal. He won every battle.

I'd like to see Little get more wrist and upper body strength. He is always in the right places but seems to be pushed around too much. In the last flurries of the final 3 minutes, he had a backhander on his stick but couldn't lift it. We were already standing because the goalie was down and out and it looked like a one foot high backhander would have sealed it.

The Blues have a big, fast team. They were pounding everyone they could. Seemed like they knew we were weary from so many games in so few days and they took the body all night.

Bogosian played his best 2 minutes or so after coming back from getting his bell rung earlier in the game. If he could sustain that effort and concentration, we'd have the old Bogo back.....until then, sorry, you aren't "Bogey."

Finally, after Byfuglien's goal, for the rest of the game until the empty netter, I've never heard that much and that loud noise inside Philips. The music was even drowned out by the crowd and it wasn't piped in crowd noise....it was awesome!

Old
12-22-2010, 11:08 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

I was there last night with my family. We don't live very close to Atlanta, so we don't go that often, and the Thrashers usually lose when we go. It's frustrating, but we still enjoy going.

From where we sat (pretty high up ) it was clear the Thrashers were a bit slow. But it was the mistakes that ultimately cost them, of course, starting with that beauty giveaway from Hainsey that led to the first Blues goal.

I personally came down harder on Mason when we were there, especially for that third goal. It just didn't look like that great of a shot, except for the obvious point that it did go in. In the post-game show Kamal said there wasn't a goalie in the league who would have saved that shot. I will have to defer to his hockey knowledge, while remaining skeptical since he will almost always try to defend the players if possible.

The crowd energy WAS fantastic at the end. It was definitely a great atmosphere and the team clearly fed off of it too.

Oh, and the lower bowl won the stupid crowd waving tug of war, and that was nonsense. It switched from the upper bowl being ahead by a large margin to an instant win by the lower bowl at the last second. The whole thing is fixed and I doubt there is even anything looking at the crowd -- I bet they just sit there laughing at everyone waving their arms . I asked for them to have the decision reviewed in Toronto but they only offered to throw me out of the arena.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:19 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
I personally came down harder on Mason when we were there, especially for that third goal. It just didn't look like that great of a shot, except for the obvious point that it did go in. In the post-game show Kamal said there wasn't a goalie in the league who would have saved that shot. I will have to defer to his hockey knowledge, while remaining skeptical since he will almost always try to defend the players if possible.
Mason was caught cheating way too far to the stick side. There was a good bit of room on the glove side, when the shot was made. Pretty sure Kamal wasn't watching the same game we were.

Closed Thread