Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Atlanta @ Boston

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2010, 06:25 AM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Atlanta @ Boston

Last year, when Kane punched out Cooke in that spectacular display, many Bruins fans said they would give Kane a standing O when he visited this year.

So... gotta wonder. How many Bruins fans will actually give him that standing ovation?

Let's come out of the bear cave with a win, boys!

Old
12-22-2010, 08:15 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

I hate to use the tired excuse after last night because these guys are pros,paid a lot of $ and supposed to work through it,but,it's been a grueling schedule.A win against the B's would be great!!!

You almost know Thorton/Boults are going

Old
12-22-2010, 08:24 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Regarding last nights game, the better team won that one. They came out and played their game right off the bat. Atlanta tried to copy their game, and didn't do so well. Had we played our game for the full 60, rather than the last ten minutes, I think we could have won. Near the end, Conklin was giving up rebounds again. We just didn't have anyone to put 'em home.

It's almost expected for a team as young as ours to have nights where they go out, and play someone elses style. They shouldn't. They're professionals. But it happens.

We can't win all 82, but we need this team to win more than they lose. Clearly, that goes without saying. Last night was just a bump in the road.

A win in Boston will be big, and coming home to Thrasherville and blasting the Bolts will be even bigger. We need to start winning against division foes like Tampa Bay, like we have against Washington.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdManIn View Post
I hate to use the tired excuse after last night because these guys are pros,paid a lot of $ and supposed to work through it,but,it's been a grueling schedule.A win against the B's would be great!!!

You almost know Thorton/Boults are going
Hope so, especially since Thorton caught Boulton with a big uppercut last time they fought, didn't know how Boults managed to stay on his fight after that.

Old
12-22-2010, 01:27 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Physically, I hope we can keep the game quiet and make it more of a skating game. Our guys have run a damn hard gauntlet over the past 2 weeks. I don't want Chara or Lucic awake and taking any runs in the corners.

Let's win a 3-1 sleeper and enjoy 2 days of rest before having to meet up with Santa's Elf, St.Louis on Sunday.

Old
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

if i was going to this one i certainly would, a lot of us bruins fans were very pleased with Kane for the KO, not to mention his talent level

i have to say though, if Kane wants to keep dropping the gloves, he has to get rid of the visor

Old
12-22-2010, 02:26 PM
KevFist
is best pony

The thing is Kane's not actively looking for these fights. everytime he's dropped 'em, someone's picked the fight with him. otherwise, he'd keep getting the ejections for instigation.

I do think the NHL should make a rule stating that both fighting players, regardless of wearing a visor or not, have to remove their helmets when the fight starts.

Old
12-22-2010, 02:34 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
The thing is Kane's not actively looking for these fights. everytime he's dropped 'em, someone's picked the fight with him. otherwise, he'd keep getting the ejections for instigation.

I do think the NHL should make a rule stating that both fighting players, regardless of wearing a visor or not, have to remove their helmets when the fight starts.
I agree, it's tough to always do that in the heat of the moment though.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Seems like this came up a year ro so ago in the media and after talking to a few enfeorcers,the concensus was "No way in !@#$ i'm taking my helmet off before somebody tries to smash me up".I don't recall if it was because of the falling and cracking skull danger or what?

Who know's?I have a bad memory and could be way off though.

P.S.-Loudfan,i'll change my avatar in the next couple of day's.Didnt realize you had it already.

Old
12-22-2010, 03:50 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdManIn View Post
P.S.-Loudfan,i'll change my avatar in the next couple of day's.Didnt realize you had it already.
A lot of people use that avatar. No shame in having good taste, IMO

Old
12-23-2010, 12:31 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
A lot of people use that avatar. No shame in having good taste, IMO
ya lots of people have it, i was one of the first that i personally saw to have it zoomed right in on cookie's face getting smashed, but i could care less if people have it too, the more the merrier really

Closed Thread