Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sutter's Perfection

Old
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
kiprusoffers

vCash: 500
Sutter's Perfection

Sutter would be kicking himself if he understood what he has done.

He created the perfect team... in his eyes.

The team competes hard every night. They win small battles, and they even have the ability to control the zone for a length of time. What the team lacks is talent, the ability to have someone just create something beautiful. The team has hit there ceiling as far as potential. That is what conservative drafting does for a team. The team is playing well defensively, the defense looks good, while making the goaltender better, but without talent the team has only one option: grind away.

This may be my fault, i always wanted a team that came to play every night, a team that could play hard and never quit. I loved players like Huselius and Cammalleri, who were talented and able to create but didn't show up every game, but why can't i have it all.

Ohh yeah i'm not a GM. I would love just one little flash of brilliance.

kiprusoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 08:55 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
The lack of finish on this team is a bit ridiculous. It seems like there's often two or three open net chances per game that don't go in.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiprusoffers View Post
Sutter would be kicking himself if he understood what he has done.

He created the perfect team... in his eyes.

The team competes hard every night. They win small battles, and they even have the ability to control the zone for a length of time. What the team lacks is talent, the ability to have someone just create something beautiful. The team has hit there ceiling as far as potential. That is what conservative drafting does for a team. The team is playing well defensively, the defense looks good, while making the goaltender better, but without talent the team has only one option: grind away.

Hey now!! I'll have you know that this is a playoff team, and if we were in the East, we'd currently be in a playoff spot. We're in the top 10 as far as former 20 goal scorers, and you can forget the fact that we just scored a combined 3 goals in 3 must-win games, because the problem with this team is the defense. Our defense has been the problem. If you think otherwise clearly you're not a real fan and you want to see the Flames fail. Just ask Darryl Sutter, he'll tell you.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

A team full of borderline 2nd and 3rd liners is not one that will compete. Sutter is an idiot and needs to be fired.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiprusoffers View Post
Kipprusoff's stats place him in the bottom five both in GAA and in SV% among starters, I'd hate to see what he would really look like if the team is making him better.

The Flames' defense sucks this year, their offense sucks, their powerplay sucks, their penalty kill, their ability to protect a lead, their ability to recover after letting in a goal. The only thing they seem to be decent in is scoring shorthanded goals. This team has too many things wrong with it. No, they don't compete hard, there are nights where half the team phones it in, where 50+ point pace players deserve to get benched for a lack of effort, where they try for 30-40 minutes until either something goes their opponent's way or the sheer lack of something going their way causes them to give up. They have no resilience, cannot withstand the slightest, most meaningless adversity and they're losing because of it. Fixing this team's problems is like using silly putty to fix one crack in a fractured dam.

I actually support the defense first angle because I think this team's talent, outside of Iginla/Tanguay, doesn't have the heart to bring up their offensive game.

Last edited by ArizonaGreenTea: 12-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.
ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
MarkGio

I've come up with a 3 or 4 year rebuild that gives the Flames the following draft picks for 2011 & 2012.
1st rounders: Calgary (2011), Anahiem (2011), Columbus (2011), Tampa Bay (2012), 2nd rounders: Rangers (2012),
3rd rounders: San Jose (201X), Washington, (201X)
4th rounders: Calgary (2011), Detroit (201X), Washington (201X)
5th rounders: Calgary (2011), Long Island (201X), Ottawa (201X)

I posted a blog on it:
http://hfboards.com/blog.php?b=454

It includes a new organization from the top down (with Sutter fired), and a whole new roster.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I posted a blog on it:
http://hfboards.com/blog.php?b=454

Sutter's job is safe.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Hey now!! I'll have you know that this is a playoff team, and if we were in the East, we'd currently be in a playoff spot. We're in the top 10 as far as former 20 goal scorers, and you can forget the fact that we just scored a combined 3 goals in 3 must-win games, because the problem with this team is the defense. Our defense has been the problem. If you think otherwise clearly you're not a real fan and you want to see the Flames fail. Just ask Darryl Sutter, he'll tell you.
This made me laugh. Well done.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote