HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs Canes - 7pm EST - TSN (HD),RDS (HD),FS-CR (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Martin looks like he's just hitting the panic button and trying anything. He's gonna lose the room.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:38 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Martin looks like he's just hitting the panic button and trying anything. He's gonna lose the room.
Lost ! Not losing ! Just listen to what AK said the other night. That was a definite jab at JM !

Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
This is a winnable game if the team would actually play its best players.

Old
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You watched a different player than I did because I thought he had his worst game of the year.

Pouliot was the only one playing fine in the bottom 6, Moen Lapierre Pyatt, Darche, were all worst then him. Why not benching Moen he's doing sweet f-a on the ice.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:40 PM
RE-HABS

So Picard and Pyatt stay in the line up, we need offence from the point and the addition of Weber makes sense, but the subtraction of Subban makes little sense.

Pouliot has been fine, he has more offensive upside and size over Pyatt and yet he is out too?

Eller with Moen and Pyatt...what a bunch of crap to put Eller with. The kid was playing well with Darche and Pouliot, but if that works you have to split it up right JM???

JM is so much like Carbo for line juggling it is sickening.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Destoker

i can't stand this idiot anymore !!!!!!!! stop sending stupid messages nobody understand and try scoring goals FFS

Old
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
The Right Price

We need the W so the boys can celebrate christmas in a victory-frame-of-mind. I say 4-0. Pacio, Cammy, Cammy, Gomah..

Old
12-23-2010, 12:46 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
So because I disagree with benching one of our better offensive players when were struggling to score goals means I think I should be coach? I just find it retarded how we're benching our third and fifth leading point getters, who are also second and third on the team in hits, both guys have been consistent all year except for a few games recently meanwhile guys like Moen and Lapierre have sleepwalked their way through half the season and never miss a shift.

I find it also funny how both Kostitsyn and Pouliot this year have mentioned how its hard to play with different linemates all the time and they like having consistent lines yet our coach juggles them up like Carbonneau would. Kostitsyn was playing very well on the ATM line at the beginning of the year then that got broken up and he hasn't been the same, Pouliot was playing awesome with Eller and Darche and hasn't been the same since they've been broken up.
Sorry, it was not a shot at you, my bad. I justed quoted you randomly. Ithink we have a solid top 6 for tonight game.They have to make the difference, not the bottom 6.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Nedved

where do you get those stats? the gpg and gapg? How would I find out their league ranks in those categories?

I don't understand. The team gets worse without pouliot and subban. We were a worse team without akost. Why bench players that are better than the people in the line-up? makes no sense.

Last edited by Nedved: 12-23-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
gusfring

Hey Jacques: this scratching guys randomly isn't working. Just to let you know.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:58 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Any other coach would have these lines set in stone:

MC-TP-AK
MP-SG-BG
BP-LE-MD
TM-JH-ML

With a non-temperamental coach, we could have an awesome team with 3 scoring lines. As it is now, the team is a circus.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
kigol

Seriously, I'm 31 and i've always thought that the way to win games is to dress your best players. Currently, Subban is ahead of Weber, Picard, Spacek. I have yet to see Picard or Spacek get benched.

Weber is ahead of Picard.

Pouliot is ahead of Pyatt, Darche (even tho I kinda like the guy, hard worker) and Moen.

It is clear that Martin has his favorite players, as we've seen Moen on the top 2 lines for the most part of the season so far while Pouliot has been sent to a checking/energy line after the first bad game he's had, and stayed there ever since. Darche is another one who's getting PP time that he doesn't deserve.

Seriously, it's been ridiculous for a while, but now it's getting unnaceptable.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
gusfring

If Subban has to play terrified of making mistakes then he is a totally wasted talent.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I really hope Weber can put out something special tonight to prove to Martin he's a more viable option than he's been giving him credit for. He needs to be quicker to use him when our defense is going to ****.

Not to say that Weber is necessarily better, but at least he's got a future ahead of him unlike Picard who's not exactly a youngin, yet is still making the same mistakes.
In my opinion, Picard should sit so that both Weber and Subban could play. No need for rookies to ride the pine and not learn from experience. Play PK with Hamrlik and Weber with Spaceman. Gill and Gorges would stay intact. If the game is close, simply put Hamr and Spaceman together to protect a lead. Lastly, you do not place rookies with players like Picard. It is a recipe for disaster.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:09 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
where do you get those stats? the gpg and gapg? How would I find out their league ranks in those categories?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-23-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old
12-23-2010, 01:11 PM
JayBee*

Why can't we find a competent coach?

Old
12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
In my opinion, Picard should sit so that both Weber and Subban could play. No need for rookies to ride the pine and not learn from experience. Play PK with Hamrlik and Weber with Spaceman. Gill and Gorges would stay intact. If the game is close, simply put Hamr and Spaceman together to protect a lead. Lastly, you do not place rookies with players like Picard. It is a recipe for disaster.
agree with this 100%

Old
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
JayBee*

PK looked a hell of a lot better when he played with Gill and Hamr. He made the same mistakes...they just weren't as costly because he had a solid vet to rely on.

Picard has played OK, but he has limited experience...why play Subban with him? I don't get it.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:24 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Lost ! Not losing ! Just listen to what AK said the other night. That was a definite jab at JM !
What did he say? Link?

Old
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
PK looked a hell of a lot better when he played with Gill and Hamr. He made the same mistakes...they just weren't as costly because he had a solid vet to rely on.

Picard has played OK, but he has limited experience...why play Subban with him? I don't get it.
Yeah, it's rather silly not to have him constantly paired with a veteran on the ice. Gill would be best suited to cover PK, and PK's speed can cover some of Gill's immobility. Pairing a rookie with someone like Picard is strange.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:47 PM
natal cleft

Why is it that we never play both Weber and Subban with Spacek on the left? Just try it for **** sake.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
MetroGnome

How can someone lack this much logic?

Itís unbelievable how everyone on this board can clearly see what the lines should be, yet Martin canít get it through his freaking head.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Gotta love the way our coach handles young players.

Honestly, I'm not trying to overreact. But if he ruins Subban, he'll never live it down.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:54 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome View Post
How can someone lack this much logic?

Itís unbelievable how everyone on this board can clearly see what the lines should be, yet Martin canít get it through his freaking head.
Seriously. I'm not one to really bash a coaches decision, and I usually hate it when people act like they're so much more qualified than someone who's been coaching for more than a decade, but even I'm getting really frustrated with this.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Nidema

JM, my hate for you is official.

What brutal brutal decisions.

What is with his love for journeyman players that don't fit into the team's long term plans?

Closed Thread