HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues interested in Josh Bailey

Old
12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Blues interested in Josh Bailey

I know, I know its eklund but just for fun, would NYI really consider trading him? If so what would they ask for?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
First!

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:03 PM
LostMyGlasses*

vCash: 500
Probably cost more than Blues fans are interested in giving up.

St Louis is one of those teams who's fans consider nearly every player untouchable. Pretty hard to negotiate a trade under those conditions.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Probably cost more than Blues fans are interested in giving up.

St Louis is one of those teams who's fans consider nearly every player untouchable. Pretty hard to negotiate a trade under those conditions.
I don't think this is the case. What happens most often is that people offer picks or prospects or several lesser players for a good, young player. Or like two righty d-men for a forward, not addressing the Blues needs whatsoever, even if the trade in a vacuum is okay. Furthermore, the Blues are really unlikely to sling around guys like Pietrangelo and Tarasenko for an upcoming UFA or somebody with a terrible contract, another common request.

So the answer is inevitably that the Blues and the team in question make awkward trading partners or that in order to tempt the Blues into moving one of their coveted players, you'd need to wow them. That doesn't mean their players are untouchable, it just means that a trade the Blues make must address a bigger need than a hole it creates at least.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Jame: Sabres interested in Josh Bailey

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
EpicNeilTime

Sure he's struggled this year but it's probably hard on a young player offensively to be put in a situation like the Islanders this year. That said it would be stupid for the Isles to even consider unless the Blues overpaid for him.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:11 PM
pattyb91
Twitter: @pattyb94

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
No...kid is only 21, still has a lot of upside, and it would go against everything this team was trying to do with this rebuild.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Robert Theodorson

Team interested in player (E5)

Sry had to

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:39 PM
racer90

bailey is an extremely good prospect. hed fetch a lot from any team.

it would cost the blues a 1st and 2nd.

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo64 View Post

Not sure if the blues would do this, or if I would for certain but, what about Ian Cole (1st rounder, still has good value) and a 3rd. I heard the Isles are needing D-men.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:13 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Not sure if the blues would do this, or if I would for certain but, what about Ian Cole (1st rounder, still has good value) and a 3rd. I heard the Isles are needing D-men.
No, there is no reason to trade Bailey, hes a good young player, and as soon as he has some veteran support he will break out.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
As a Blues fan, I wouldn't do this. I'd much rather keep Cole than your average first rounder at this point. Look at the window the Blues have with Schwartz and Tarasenko coming up and their young players' contracts.
If all of these guys develop the way the Blues need them to, they might have trouble keeping them all under contract if they prolong the build. If you could get the same guy for some picks, you wouldn't give up Cole, who is NHL-ready.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:18 PM
HooliganX2

I know the Isles probably wont want o trade him. I know he is still young but I really don't see his value as being more then a 1st. IMO he hasn't proved he is worth more then that. He hasn't topped 20 goals or 40 points yet so I don't really see how his value would have increased from just a first.

I will agree from looking at it he is a player that may have been rushed to the NHL to quickly.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Oshie

I think that this would be a great addition for the blues but I couldn't see the isles trading him, and if they did they would be wanting quite a bit.

Oshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:10 PM
HooliganX2

Not to knock the player but what has Bailey done to warrant more then a first round pick? I don't watch the Isles much so I honestly don't know much about him. His points aren't very good from what I have seen. What other aspects of his game make him valuable?

I really never hear him mentioned much as one of the Isles top young players. What style of game does he play?

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

What would the Isles want? Young Defense?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

I'm interested in Eklund stopping sharing his stupid rumors. (E5)

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Reign Nateo

In a weird way this makes some sense... Maybe something like Bailey ++ for Eric Johnson. Or Bailey for Ian Cole. Blues have a bunch of good young defencemen. NYI could then draft Couturier or Landeskog over Larsson.

Not really sure why the Blues would do it as they need a sniper, but what the hell I'm trying to make something work here dammit!

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
fcpremix88

Cole for Bailey? Polak for Bailey?

Meh, I don't really see this happening.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Not to knock the player but what has Bailey done to warrant more then a first round pick? I don't watch the Isles much so I honestly don't know much about him. His points aren't very good from what I have seen. What other aspects of his game make him valuable?

I really never hear him mentioned much as one of the Isles top young players. What style of game does he play?
I'm no expert on the guy, but from what I've seen he plays a very good 2-way game and is a good playmaker. What they call a "200 foot player" meaning he's good in all situations. Playing for the Islanders as a 19-20 year old is a tough place to put up numbers (he has 17 points in 11 AHL games). But having 160 NHL games under your belt at 21 is pretty decent.

He should develop into a 2nd line 50-70 point guy that can be counted on all over the ice. I don't know what his value is, but the Islanders would be stupid to trade him at this point.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:00 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
I know, I know its eklund but just for fun, would NYI really consider trading him? If so what would they ask for?
At the start of this season,Bailey got off to a terrific start.Looked like he was worth being drafted as a lottery pick.Then he got injured,came back and played like crap before being demoted to Bridgeport.

He went to Bridgeport and gave interviews showing he understood it was his own fault he'd been demoted.He played hard and was just called up.

He's got 2 goals in tonight's game against NJ.

The isles are trying to develop him into one of their core building blocks.Imo they wouldn't want 2-3 lesser pieces:gritty 3rd line leader+2nd rounder+prospect.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 12-23-2010 at 08:08 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo64 View Post

A mid to late 1st and a 2nd in a weak draft?

No thanks.The isles have invested almost 2 and 1/2 yrs in Bailey's development.Why would they want to start from scratch,hoping those picks can step in and help next season?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If you say "I know it's just Eklund, but" and then post his ****, you are an idiot. And a pawn. But mostly an idiot.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
boredmale

The only way I can see the Islanders wanting to trade Bailey is if we pick a center this summer, even then I would seriously consider moving Tavares to wing.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:52 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

The Islanders wouldn't be looking for NHL filler for Bailey, and the Blues aren't offering up current top 6 material for him given their playoff aspirations. There's no reason at all why the Islanders would want picks for him. They aren't going to accept a quantity for quality prospect deal. The Blues probably wouldn't trade Schwartz or Tarasenko for him, and I doubt the Islanders would deal him for Cole.

There's nothing that really makes sense between these two clubs regarding Bailey.

And that's all ignoring the obvious point that the Islanders have absolutely no reason to move Bailey whatsoever anyway.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote