HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LeBrun: December (4th) a Turning Point in Kings Season

Old
12-23-2010, 10:35 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

vCash: 500
LeBrun: December (4th) a Turning Point in Kings Season

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-kings-season

"Circle Dec. 4 as the night the Los Angeles Kings turned their season around.

Maybe it's just me, but when I watched Anze Kopitar score in overtime that night against Detroit and saw the Kings' reaction at a rocking Staples Center, I remember thinking, "This might be what the floundering team needs."

"I think you're right on with that Detroit game," Kings coach Terry Murray told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "That was pretty big. You're playing against one of the premier teams in the league, and to pull that out in the end with that overtime, it was what we needed to jumpstart us. It reinforced our understanding that if we play the right way as a team and as a group, we can get some good wins here."

The Kings have gone 6-2-1 in December and now look like the team many of us had predicted to do great things this season. They just completed a tough, five-game, 10-day road trip (3-2-0) with big wins in Detroit (a 5-0 victory), Nashville (6-1) and Colorado (5-0)."

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It's a little early to call a game on December 4th the turning point of the Kings season. It's only December 23rd and there are 50 games left.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Syd,

of course you're right, but if you were plotting a graph of the Kings wins and losses, the pivot point from down to up would definitely fall squarely on that game. Yes there many games left to be played, but from what looked like a season possibly falling off the edge, December has seen a resurgence not only of the style of hockey we know the Kings can play, but a return to form of some of those who were not producing early on, as well as the emergence of a couple of previously unheralded youngsters who are truly contributing to the upswing.

For my money, both objectively and subjectively, the OT win vs. Detroit was THE turning point.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
For my money, both objectively and subjectively, the OT win vs. Detroit was THE turning point.
...for the first 32 games, sure, but if the Kings miss the payoffs, how is that game a "turning" point? Maybe the Kings getting Poni and Mitchell back helped spark the team?

If the Kings miss the playoffs, the game against the Sharks was the turning point...

Old
12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
...for the first 32 games, sure, but if the Kings miss the payoffs, how is that game a "turning" point? Maybe the Kings getting Poni and Mitchell back helped spark the team?

If the Kings miss the playoffs, the game against the Sharks was the turning point...
was totally reading this with your username/avatar not showing and based of the "..." at the beginning, i assumed it was JT Dutch. haha!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
riznat

Quote:

Don't be so literal, just because it doesn't say "Turning point in the season so far" doesn't render the article not worthwhile. Everyone knows its a long season with a lot of games left.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Don't be so literal, just because it doesn't say "Turning point in the season so far" doesn't render the article not worthwhile. Everyone knows its a long season with a lot of games left.
I never said the article wasn't worthwhile; it was a very good article. I just wouldn't say it turned the Kings' season around, too early for that.

Old
12-23-2010, 03:16 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
I never said the article wasn't worthwhile; it was a very good article. I just wouldn't say it turned the Kings' season around, too early for that.
I work out on Ortega Hwy and I know that roads have many "turning points". There could be another one and another... Some are big, some are small, some are so gradual that you don't see them until later. The road seems to be headed in the right direction, but we won't know if there is a hairpin corner somewhere ahead of us.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote