HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators Salary Thread

Old
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

vCash: 500
Nashville Predators Salary Thread

2011-2012 Nashville Predators Player Cap Hit and Salary Information

Signed Minor League / Junior Players

Unsigned Prospects and Active Rights

2011 NHL Entry Draft Selections

2012 NHL Entry Draft Selections

2013 NHL Entry Draft Selections

2014 NHL Entry Draft Selections

Sources:
IB's "NHLSCAP.com" Site
Cap Geek
NHL Numbers
Draft Picks

Credit for ideas: Telos (Los Angeles Kings), JC (Phoenix Coyotes)

NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the Red bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER

Last edited by Jonesey: 03-17-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

finished

Last edited by Jonesey: 12-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

What does ARB refer to, which you have denoting the end of Marcel Goc's contract? Capgeek has him as a '11 UFA.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
What does ARB refer to, which you have denoting the end of Marcel Goc's contract? Capgeek has him as a '11 UFA.
fixed..

nhlscap had him as arbitration eligible.

Old
12-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Nice work, very informative

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:51 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I've found it easier to just look at capgeek or nhlnumbers. The good thing about capgeek is that each player's page has his AHL salary if he's on a two way.

Nhlscap was a good site until the guy running it had to step back due to family issues a couple years ago. I miss the emailed spreadsheets.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Ok, this should be everything.

Please give feedback if something is missing/wrong!

Also, can a mod sticky this?

Old
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

I really hope someone is looking for a Ellen looking winger...6m for erat next year will hurt.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Wanttoknow0798

Do you think Sullivan will get re-signed? If so, how long? Smithson? Ward? O'reilly?

Wanttoknow0798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanttoknow0798 View Post
Do you think Sullivan will get re-signed? If so, how long? Smithson? Ward? O'reilly?
I could see Sully getting a 1 year deal around $2.5 mil

Smithson and Ward could be done, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Smithson brought back for 2 more years.

O'Reilly is an enigma. Hornqvist had his good season, and turned it into a 3 year 9 million deal, will we do the same for Cal?

Old
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I see O'Reilly signing, I mean a main reason we traded Arnott is because we were going forward with the youth movement. Smithson will be gone and Spaling will take his space.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:43 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I could see Sully getting a 1 year deal around $2.5 mil

Smithson and Ward could be done, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Smithson brought back for 2 more years.

O'Reilly is an enigma. Hornqvist had his good season, and turned it into a 3 year 9 million deal, will we do the same for Cal?
I think it just depends on how the rest of the season plays out.

Cal O has been a somewhat surprise, but if you compare his numbers to other #1 centers in the league, there is no comparison. If he drops to a #2 center and his icetime/PP dip, his .5ppg will drop that much more. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but he shouldn't get anywhere close to 3 million. I'm thinking more like 1.3m. In all honesty, he doesn't belong as a first line NHL center.

Unfortunately, we've faced this too many times in our franchise. Players get prime icetime out of the default, and they put up decent, but not good numbers. See Ward, Legwand, Erat, etc. We then shell out more money than their worth, because they put up good numbers in Predator standards. So we count on these guys to carry us offensively, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't really have what it takes to carry us in the post-season. I feel the same way about O'Reilly.

Sullivan is another one. He was on the wavier wire, then deemed expendable by a bad Chicago team, then he was given prime-time ice time here. He's done well by Predator standards, but the end result for the team is average.

We need to take a line from Beyonce-- Let me upgrade u. But due to budget, and Poile's lack of creativity, I don't see that happening. So unless Sullivan has a big set back health-wise, I wouldn't be shocked to see him back on 1st line next year, even though we need an upgrade.

Last edited by dulzhok: 12-19-2010 at 10:50 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

And so goes being a fan of a team on a budget. I'm not sure what's so surprising about this. It's how things have always been and will be until more people around here start going to games consistently (something that seems to be happening).

I agree that O'Reilly doesn't deserve $3mil/yr right now, but you have to remember that he isn't our "1st line center". We don't really have a first line. Right now the two centers we have playing the most minutes (at center) are O'Reilly and Goc. We have Legwand (yeah let's not argue about him) and Lombardi still out. Our next options are moving Wilson back to center, moving Spaling up, moving Smithson up, or calling someone (Lundmark) up from Milwaukee. Beyond that it's make a move, and I don't think we're ready to start making trades, especially not for "true" 1st line centers. As for a Cal'O raise, I'd say somewhere between $1.5 and $2 mil assuming his production stays the same as it is now.

Like it or not Sullivan is our leading scorer right now. If you're going to have anyone playing top minutes it ought to be your leading scorer. Whether or not he should be here is moot I suppose, but the winning argument every time is going to be "Well, he is so use him how he's effective." He isn't pre-injury Sullivan, but to write his entire career in Nashville off as just some cast away scrub who happened to get minutes here and produced is a re-writing of history. He isn't a huge star, some flashy player who makes even players on the ice stand still to admire his ability. He wasn't just thrown away by a bad Chicago team, either. He got what he was worth. A couple of second round picks. Bad teams always deem good-to-great players expendable. Look how being a seller and stockpiling picks for a handful of seasons worked in Chicago's favor. Sullivan went on to post three consecutive point-per-game seasons before getting hurt. The man is getting old and needs to be replaced by someone younger and more skilled, but can we at least give him his dues?

I think we're all on the same boat with upgrading our offense, but at what cost? A substantial upgrade offensively could cost us Suter or Weber. Patience could bite us in the ass again. It's just a matter of deciding which path has the least amount of long term risk to the team, and hoping it works out in the end.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I've been playing around with the salary numbers for next year and I'm asking myself this, will the Preds have enough money to get a 6 million dollar forward? No, I'm NOT joking. First off, there is inflation and money benchmarks change. Secondly, if the rumors of the cap going up as much as 3 million dollars is true then the rev. sharing should go up as much.

(Logic being both Rev. sharing and the cap are linked to revenues.)

If true, Weber and Suter are paid for, (and most likely all the RFAs).

This is the roster I have built in my mind, if I'm short on the salaries then say so and I'll boost them up:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Matthew Lombardi ($3.500m) / Cal O'Reilly ($1.000m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m)
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Marcel Goc ($1.250m) / Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.850m)
J.P. Dumont ($4.000m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Jerred Smithson ($0.800m) / Nick Spaling ($0.950m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($3.500m) / Shea Weber ($6.500m)
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.350m)
Cody Franson ($0.800m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.941m)
Alexander Sulzer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) /Anders Lindback ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $46,875,000; BONUSES: $1,112,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $15,525,000

That's 21 players and 15.5 million in room for the cap, AKA, the Preds are at the cap floor. In the above the Preds have spent 46.9 million with Weber in the fold at 6.5 million. Preds salaries tend to be consistent with the growth of the cap. I believe the Preds have a 48-49 salary cap with the 3 million it's 51-52 million. Thus with the Above the Preds have 6 million to spend on 2-3 forwards.

(I think)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I've been playing around with the salary numbers for next year and I'm asking myself this, will the Preds have enough money to get a 6 million dollar forward? No, I'm NOT joking. First off, there is inflation and money benchmarks change. Secondly, if the rumors of the cap going up as much as 3 million dollars is true then the rev. sharing should go up as much.

This is the roster I have built in my mind, if I'm short on the salaries then say so and I'll boost them up:

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

That's 21 players and 15.5 million in room for the cap, AKA, the Preds are at the cap floor. In the above the Preds have spent 46.9 million with Weber in the fold at 6.5 million. Preds salaries tend to be consistent with the growth of the cap. I believe the Preds have a 48-49 salary cap with the 3 million it's 51-52 million. Thus with the Above the Preds have 6 million to spend on 2-3 forwards.

(I think)
I think Smithson will be gone. And I also think 1 of Sulzer or Bouillon or Klein to be gone. I expect to see Blum and Josi up

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:36 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I think Smithson will be gone. And I also think 1 of Sulzer or Bouillon or Klein to be gone. I expect to see Blum and Josi up
We were willing to waive Sulzer and there were no takers - unless he wants to go back to Europe do we really think he's gone? Doesn't make sense to bring up a kid we think has a "future" and make him a permascratch, but Sulzer works well.

As I said in the Lombardi insurance money thread, I hope Poile gets a little cash from it and can swing a deal that sends cube off and gets us back a real 2nd pair guy - or a first pair guy on an expiring contract. We need the upgrade if we're in the playoff chase, and that would seem to be the 2nd opening for Josi or whomever the next guy is after Blum.

Smitty only goes if we have a kid ready to come up - he'll sign cheap and if we do get someone to blossom he gets Wades permascratch seat, assuming we don't need him on the PK.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:21 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The consistant problem right now with the roster in the future is:

1) Find a replacement for Sully if Sully aint coming back. With SK looking good and O'Reilly stepping up there really is only one top 6 forward spot next year and with 3 million more rev. sharing the Preds can seriously splurge unless the ownership wants to spend to cap floor.

I think this team could have as much as 5-6 million for that spot.

2) Can Lombardi come back, and if he does is he in the Sullivan spot?

I say no if you look at my roster above I got Lombardi at the LW with O'Reilly at C and Wilson at RW, Erat-Goc-SK. If anything, if Lombardi is back will that stop the Preds from signing Goc for a million plus? I could see a Erat-Lombardi-SK line with Goc playing 3rd and 4th line duty but they guy has earned top 6 status.

If the Preds go nuts, they sign a top winger to play along side O'Reilly and Wilson. Sign Goc unless his Agent goes insane, and then see if a line of Hornqvist-Goc-Dumont can work.

Old
12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post

Smitty only goes if we have a kid ready to come up - he'll sign cheap and if we do get someone to blossom he gets Wades permascratch seat, assuming we don't need him on the PK.
Well I was thinking Spaling was taking his spot.

Old
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Well I was thinking Spaling was taking his spot.
I was thinking that too but Smithson is still relatively young and we ARE talking about Barry Trotz.

Old
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
I was thinking that too but Smithson is still relatively young and we ARE talking about Barry Trotz.
Well he will be 31 next year right? That would be 3rd oldest if Sully retires and Dumont and Cube stay. Ya I see Trotz standing behind him on the bench all the time, its weird.

Old
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Wanttoknow0798

Sullivan has been playing pretty well this year....consistently but he has his moments. If he continues this way, I think he will get resigned. Smithson at 31? Not sure if i consider that old either. No mention of Ward? I think he'll be back here. Can't see other teams giving him the number of years/$ he may ask for it is an increase from this last contract. so what's the incentive to leave? none.

Wanttoknow0798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Sadly, Ward is over priced for his role. I look at Milwaukee and see if there are players who can plug the holes. Can Ward be replaced by Halischuk or Geoffrion? Can Sullivan be possibly replaced by Klasen? Smithson is what he is and he's cheap. Nashville's major holes are on the 4th line and that one top 6 forward.

Ward could be a luxury on the 4th line and if Nashville has the extra cash they could jump on him.

before Sullivan re-signed the last time I said no because of age and his back. This time. I'm saying it again.

Old
12-24-2010, 12:20 AM
token grinder

i think we need to keep some guys over legal drinking age here

a team with few vets get to play the lottery

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 04:00 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

(I think)

I figure NSH could get faster, younger and more dynamic with a little creativity, all done with much less than $6m.

FORWARDS
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Matthew Lombardi ($3.500m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.850m) / Cal O'Reilly (~$1.025m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Ville Leino (~$3.000m) / Mathieu Perreault (~$0.750m) / Nikolai Zherdev (~$3.000m)
Nick Spaling ($0.950m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m)
Matt Halischuk (~0.600m)
Wade Belak (~0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($3.500m) / Shea Weber (~$6.500m)
Shaone Morrisonn ($2.075m) / Cody Franson ($0.800m)
Jonathon Blum ($0.941m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) / Anders Lindback ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000
CAP PAYROLL: $50,000,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $12,400,000

Deletions:
J.P. Dumont (trade for Morrisonn)
Marcel Goc (trade for Perreault)
Steve Sullivan to UFA
Joel Ward to UFA
Jerred Smithson to UFA
Alexander Sulzer to UFA
Shane O'Brien to UFA

These moves IMO result in a more potent and deeper team up front for only ~3m more than the original conservative projection. Thoughts?

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I figure NSH could get faster, younger and more dynamic with a little creativity, all done with much less than $6m.

Deletions:
J.P. Dumont (trade for Morrisonn)
Marcel Goc (trade for Perreault)
Steve Sullivan to UFA
Joel Ward to UFA
Jerred Smithson to UFA
Alexander Sulzer to UFA
Shane O'Brien to UFA

These moves IMO result in a more potent and deeper team up front for only ~3m more than the original conservative projection. Thoughts?
I'd keep Goc and I'd really like to see Blum up instead of Morrisonn, but I think it's pretty good.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote