HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bounce Back Game Edition - 12/23/10 Ottawa @ Nashville

Old
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Milly79

vCash: 500
Came in on a breakaway, was looking behind to see if it went in, lost balance and collided back first into boards.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Aye he was looking to see if the puck went in and tripped over himself and went head first into the boards.

Cmonnnn Preds tie it up!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

!og sderp og

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

If anyone is listening: Please Preds tie it up and then win it.

It's Christmas eve, I have to work until 9pm, it does not feel like Christmas at all here in Taiwan and I realllly want to head to work feeling good from a Preds win. Make it happen!

Old
12-23-2010, 09:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Now Sullivan is going to the dressing room.

Old
12-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Rinne looks amazing out there. The team really needs to give him a win.

Old
12-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Just couldn't get any sustaining pressure in their zone. Erat and Sullivan out.

Old
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Bah humbug, a loss AND more injured players.

And now I get to go to work.... yay....

Merry Christmas everyone.

Old
12-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

With all these injurys and our lack of scoring lately I think it should only be obvious to everyone that we need to make a deal. Not a deal for another 40-50 pt guy. Someone who is a game changer, someone who can snipe the puck, a top notch scorer. Ive been saying it since Kariya left. Were not going to be successful enough without one.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Merry Christmas!

On a more positive note, the Kostitsyn - Goc - Horns line looks like a solid secondary scoring unit. Had some good chemistry. If only they could be kept together for more than a game...or a period.

Old
12-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Liquidfire3240

Man, I was stuck putting together a flat pack computer desk, (Writing my congressman tomorrow asking to ban flat pack anything) so I wasnt able to watch the game, I guess thats a good thing. But hey, If we keep this pattern going of surrendering 2 less goals than the last game, we should be good.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Ouch. That hurt to watch. Overall, I was not pleased at all.

1. Injuries need to stop. Now. I do not like where this is going.

2. If Sully and/or Erat is going to miss time, we need to call up Klasen or Mueller (who we would need to sign first). Yes, they aren't amazing defensively, but we need scoring punch right now.

3. Rinne was the only Pred worth watching tonight. He looked fantastic in his first game back.

4. Sully and O'Brien looked terrible tonight. I'm a huge fan of both, but that just was not good.

5. The crowd was in the game the whole time, even when the players didn't deserve them to be. I was extremely proud of the fans.

6. Goal #2 was Smithson's fault. Sure, there's enough blame to go around, but he went too low, breaking up the box and causing everyone to scramble to get back in position, allowing the whole chain of events to start. You could tell from his reaction that he knew it too.....

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 12-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 10:48 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Man, I was stuck putting together a flat pack computer desk, (Writing my congressman tomorrow asking to ban flat pack anything) so I wasnt able to watch the game, I guess thats a good thing. But hey, If we keep this pattern going of surrendering 2 less goals than the last game, we should be good.
Not when we can just barely score 1, or even threaten to get just 1.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:14 PM
deanwormer

So, if you're gonna' dress Belak in one game of a back-to-back (I'm not advocating doing so, just saying IF you're going to....) do you choose the blackhawks with John Scott or senators with Carkner and Neill and Ruutu...... Sure, since we didn't the Sens sat Carkner down but still - exactly what good was Belak in the hawks game - at least he coulda' danced a bit with either Neill or Ruutu as both deserved a go-round....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
5. The crowd was in the game the whole time, even when the players didn't deserve them to be. I was extremely proud of the fans.
I noticed this and enjoyed it. Blows away the lame crowds we get here in Ottawa.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

A few observations from tonights game:
Pekka looked great!
Suter had some great rushes to bring the puck to offensive zone
Great redirect by Goc
Two injuries to major players, Erat and Sullivan. That is going to hurt on a team that already had trouble scoring
Cal O'Reilly played one shift in the 3rd. Lowest minutes by far all season. ( I hate to repeat myself, but if he was benched, I just can't figure out your coach!) How does a guys go from EVERYTHING (ice time), to decent 5 on 5 and no powerplay, to just over 7 minutes of ice?
Glad to see Wilson back with Sullivan, but Sullivan had an off night
Other than that, not much to say other than the fact I think this line juggling is really hurting your team. Trotz seemed to panic after the L.A. game and changed things up that ruined a lot of chemistry that was developing

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Not when we can just barely score 1, or even threaten to get just 1.
Trust me, there was a large amount of sarcasm in there.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
cleangene

QUOTE=Liquidfire3240;29756072]Trust me, there was a large amount of sarcasm in there.[/QUOTE]

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
token grinder

on o'reilly..he was terrible/ on the pp and even strength. he may have well been one of the passengers trotz was talking about and got treated like one.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
on o'reilly..he was terrible/ on the pp and even strength. he may have well been one of the passengers trotz was talking about and got treated like one.
I agree completely. O'Reilly was also the one the put Klein in a bad position leading to the turnover that resulted in the 1st GA. Cal was just ineffective tonight. He finished as a -1 and went 1 for 4 in the faceoff dot. Zero shots on goal, attempts, blocks, hits, nothing...

Spaling on the other hand had 4 SOG and several really good opportunities. He earned O'Reilly's ice tonight and he got it. 17:05 TOI for Spaling tonight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I agree completely. O'Reilly was also the one the put Klein in a bad position leading to the turnover that resulted in the 1st GA. Cal was just ineffective tonight. He finished as a -1 and went 1 for 4 in the faceoff dot. Zero shots on goal, attempts, blocks, hits, nothing...

Spaling on the other hand had 4 SOG and several really good opportunities. He earned O'Reilly's ice tonight and he got it. 17:05 TOI for Spaling tonight...
I agree O'Reilly game has regressed a bit. But when Spaling taken up the slack which means no goals because he's not capable of scoring at this point. The break which ward fed him was just a weak attempt. Why didn't he make a move to the net instead of trying to shoot the puck through the goalie. No offensive imagination at all and he's the epitome of the team offensive. Everything is on the outside. This team has no concept of going to the net. If they are going to shoot the puck then we need someone to deflect the shot that is the only way we can score right now It's time to replace one of the asst coaches because this offensive needs a jolt.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 07:11 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I agree O'Reilly game has regressed a bit. But when Spaling taken up the slack which means no goals because he's not capable of scoring at this point. The break which ward fed him was just a weak attempt. Why didn't he make a move to the net instead of trying to shoot the puck through the goalie. No offensive imagination at all and he's the epitome of the team offensive. Everything is on the outside. This team has no concept of going to the net. If they are going to shoot the puck then we need someone to deflect the shot that is the only way we can score right now It's time to replace one of the asst coaches because this offensive needs a jolt.

i don't know if i would say regressing. i still think he is a borderline nhler, and borderline nhlers are madingly inconsistant, which sums up cals game. he gets hot for 3-4 game stretches and goes cold 3-4 games. i think we see what he is., a good bottom six, non-grinder, secondary scoring line center

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote