HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Artem Anisimov Appreciation Thread

Old
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orland View Post
Very talented guy but I consider AA a "floater". He reminds me of some other Russians who don't play that hard for large chunks of the game but get by on their talent. It amazes me how he can vanish for periods on end while playing with 2 such hard working wings like Callahan and Dubi. Unquestionably headed towards success as a scorer in the NHL but he would be far better if he had an engine like his linemates. I'd like to see him score against the tough grinding teams such as the Flyers. I'm not sure he has that kind of heart.
all russians are floaters and bad for the NHL....

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
I personally think Anisimov is the exact opposite of a floater...

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Blue Line Monster

Kovalchuk's a good example of a floater. Anisimov is not..

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Floater Russians dont toil on the 4th line like Anisimov did last season.

He has the right attitude, and playing with guys like Callahan is only going to help that.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 09:08 AM
morffin

Quote:
Very talented guy but I consider AA a "floater". He reminds me of some other Russians who don't play that hard for large chunks of the game but get by on their talent. It amazes me how he can vanish for periods on end while playing with 2 such hard working wings like Callahan and Dubi. Unquestionably headed towards success as a scorer in the NHL but he would be far better if he had an engine like his linemates. I'd like to see him score against the tough grinding teams such as the Flyers. I'm not sure he has that kind of heart.
Not a floater at all...works the boards and plays D so well that he was on the PK in his rookie season. Getting dirty to score goals in close as well.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 09:13 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Artie isn't a banger like Dubi and Cally, but that doesn't in any way, shape or form make him a floater.

Artie backchecks hard and is great defensively. He works hard along the boards and consistently drives to the net.

If you think he's a floater, then you don't know what a floater is.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

Howis a kid who was considered to have an NHL quality defensive game in his first year in Hartford a "floater?"

Total, usual European hate. Artie is as hard working as they come, and while he may not hit like Callahan or Dubi, he's really not supposed to.

If you want proof, look at his situational stats. He has the second most blocked shots by a forward on the team (cally has the most).

As for AA's play against the Flyers, since I live outside of Philadelphia, I get their broadcasts when they play the Rangers. If you remember, Artie had really strong games against them last year, so much so that Jim Jackson commented that, beyond Gaborik and Prospal, the Flyers considered AA one of the biggest threats on the ice. He really plays them well.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
orland

AA Floater

I do not have any dislike for the Euros. I have been a Ranger/NHL fan for many decades and I think the game is far better now that the "Euro" skating style is in vogue.

LaFontaine made a similar observation the other night when AA won the game in OT - that he can go periods on the ice without you even noticing him. Just kind of floats up and down the ice and doesn't stick his nose into the play that much. Then will grab a loose puck and put it in.

orland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
chappie
lemon snow!

I disagree with the notion that you don't notice him though. Maybe in the offensive zone, but in his own end he is always active and you can always see him involved in the play.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Last season I could see someone labeling him a "floater" but that was a product of him being a bit overwhelmed in his first NHL season and him trying to feel comfortable and find confidence playing at this level of competition...

This season he's the polar opposite of that and is involved in the play nearly all the time... Whether he's disrupted a play with his stick work or back-checking or even without the puck, he's moving into positions to get open and get shots off.... He's got his stick on everything one way or another.... He's been very engaged this season.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
he is absolutely NOT a floater...thats an awful observation. instead of just looking at him, look at what the opposition is doing around him. his defensive awareness is through the roof, often times when hes "floating" its because hes perfectly in the middle of an oppositions passing lane and doesnt need to move. hes not a lazy player at all, hes extremely smart on his positioning. his biggest problems are his lack of foot speed, which hes getting better at, and his lack of physical strength, which hes getting better at too. hes a young guy whose growing into his body.

but floater? this kid will be nominated for a selke within the next 5 years, you can book that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

If they get AA to a skating coach this summer it will do wonders for his offensive game.... He's already got the stick handling and wrist shot to be a threat out on the ice... If he improves his acceleration and speed he will find himself with a lot more scoring opportunities... I love when he drives to the net....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
If they get AA to a skating coach this summer it will do wonders for his offensive game.... He's already got the stick handling and wrist shot to be a threat out on the ice... If he improves his acceleration and speed he will find himself with a lot more scoring opportunities... I love when he drives to the net....
Imagine how he'd play if his skating improved (proportionately) the way Brian Boyle's did...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:57 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Bump.

Monster game tonight from Arty.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:15 AM
GrizMint

Great game tonight, so strong across the blueline and pushing towards the net. as always, great defense.

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:16 AM
morffin

future Selke winner.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:19 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
future Selke winner.
Yep. I am blown back by how good he is defensively. And he's still only 22.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:22 AM
asparkoflife

AA had a phenomenal game tonight. After that rough patch he really looks to be getting it back together. Using his body, making good moves, shooting when he see's the opportunities. He's starting to round his game out.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:12 AM
racer90

great game by AA. i loved his inside-outside move he put on the TBs defense to get off a quick shot.

really hope he doesnt get traded

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote