HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookies and Sophomores are our top scorers

Old
12-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Rookies and Sophomores are our top scorers

Of the top 6 scoring forwards so far this year, half - half! - are either rookies or sophomores.

Oh, and their average height is more than 6-foot-3.

Among our top-9 forward scorers, only one is 30 or over, Avery, who just turned 30 this year.

Not a single player - defense or offense - over 31 took regular shift this year. (Drury has been injured and White scratched.)

Discuss...

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:43 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Of the top 6 scoring forwards so far this year, half - half! - are either rookies or sophomores.

Oh, and their average height is more than 6-foot-3.

Among our top-9 forward scorers, only one is 30 or over, Avery, who just turned 30 this year.

Not a single player - defense or offense - over 31 took regular shift this year. (Drury has been injured and White scratched.)

Discuss...
But according to some these same guys could never get good enough to win a championship without a #1 pick

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:49 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
But according to some these same guys could never get good enough to win a championship without a #1 pick
Look I'm as optimistic as plenty of other people, but the guys we have now have not even come close to winning a championship, so I'm not sure where you're going with this. Some people say we need more elite players if we want to win a championship. Until we win a championship without acquiring aforementioned elite players, they remain correct.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:50 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

That being said.....

I am ****ing PUMPED about all of our awesome young players.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
I think top end depth trumps all. With Gaborik on his game, we'll be a DANGEROUS team in about 3-4 years. I mean top-tier.

12-24-2010, 02:01 AM
DrZoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
That being said.....

I am ****ing PUMPED about all of our awesome young players.
Not only am I pumped about the current youngsters, but there's more on the way! Think of that! MAN I'm excited to see Zucc, Kreider, McD, Valentenko, McI and others get cemented into the lineup. We're going to have a pretty damn good team on our hands in the near future and they're all going to grow together, it's a great feeling.

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I started this thread and even I don't believe the team, as presently constructed plus prospects, will ever be good enough to win the Cup.

This is why I have been advocating that we deal Frolov, Prospal and Rosie for picks that can be used to draft high-risk, high-reward guys like Thomas Jr and Bourque Jr.

With enough of these prospects, just mathematically, you will eventually wind up with a top-end talent like Marc Savard, who used to be a small player who could not skate or play defense as a prospect.

If we can manage to draft a couple point-per-game scorers, not only can we win once, but we can have a young team winning for a decade.

Not every year, of course, but we could be like the Devils or Detroit from mid-90s until a few years ago.

We would be good every year, and we would win the Cup about 3 times over the course of a decade.

As presently construed, the Rangers will go from being a 1-2 round playlets team to being a 2-3 round team.

thats just not good enough.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Loffen
Hadouken!

That's a great sign.

And Stepan has really turned up his game as of late. He has scored two important game-tying goals late in the 3rd periods. Can you say clutch?

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
This is why I have been advocating that we deal Frolov, Prospal and Rosie for picks that can be used to draft high-risk, high-reward guys like Thomas Jr and Bourque Jr.
Would you trade higher picks for those guys? I wouldn't trade a croupy calf for Frolov.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote