HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MZA: "Best night of my life"

Old
12-24-2010, 01:34 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

vCash: 500
I said it in the off-season, that you´ll like him when he´s adjusted to the NA-Game

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:35 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
to me, he is kind of similar to a Danny Briere type player.... I was very impressed tonight.
He certainly shares a lot of the same qualities. Undersized, feisty, good goal scorer, sick hands, etc.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:41 AM
JimmyStart*

Despite the bad play on V.c's goal he played a good game. Great way to start an NHL career. He and Stepan showed good chemistry with each other...in fact they did so well Torts put two rooks out to start the OT that says A LOT about how good they were. Both are really smart playmaking guys so i don't think many of us were surprised to see them work well together. Hope he can get a shot up soon. At the very least makes me feel good about him next year making the team outta camp.Dunno if I should bet the over or under on 80 pts in AHL haha.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Zucc was amazing tonight. i'd like to see him develope more i think he's going to be a premier player on this team. i'm excited in general because even with Gabby, Cally, Prospal, out our guys can come up and play big. Step, Anisimov, Duby, Zucc, are only going to get better. huge things are in our future and next season these guys are going to be putting up huge numbers. sorry for being optomistic here but i really feel were building a strong club and going from a team with one great scorer (Gabby) to a team that's going to have 2-3 solid scoring lines.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:48 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Dubi hadn't hit the post he would've had an assist on a beautiful no look pass that hit Doobs right on the stick.

He's showing that he can play at this level. Later this season or next season i'd love to see him back on the big roster again.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:36 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He certainly shares a lot of the same qualities. Undersized, feisty, good goal scorer, sick hands, etc.
Let's hope he doesn't share the dirty cheap shot artist qualities.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 04:36 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He handles himself well. I think he definitely earned another game sooner than later...but after one game I think it's a little premature to pencil him into the top 6 for the rest of the year.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Espen

Dirty move on the shootout.

Espen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 07:42 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He said "we didn't get the 3 points, that's my only disappointment".

That's SEL talk right there. Send him down, he needs to do some adjustin'.
Good catch, send the Bum back to Europe until he learns the NA game!!!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:15 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
Zucc was amazing tonight. i'd like to see him develope more i think he's going to be a premier player on this team. i'm excited in general because even with Gabby, Cally, Prospal, out our guys can come up and play big. Step, Anisimov, Duby, Zucc, are only going to get better. huge things are in our future and next season these guys are going to be putting up huge numbers. sorry for being optomistic here but i really feel were building a strong club and going from a team with one great scorer (Gabby) to a team that's going to have 2-3 solid scoring lines.
I agree.. This team has talent on all the lines. There is depth on this team and any line can step up and be the hero each game. Torts does not need to rely on (1) line. Just play the line that is hot for that game. Once Gaborik gets into his groove, watch out!

I think EC has to play with Gaborik. They have the best chemistry. Stepan does not seem to have this chemistry with Gaborik.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Vitto79

man this team has some depth options. I really want to see MZA and Weise on this team. Next yr for sure just let Feds and Prospal walk. I don't mind those two at all but they need to and I'm sure will keep going with the youth movement.

Top of my head next yr

Dubinsky, Richards, Gaborik
Zuccarello, Anisimov, Callahan
Boyle, Stepan, Drury
Prust,Christensen, Avery, Weise

Feds, Vinny, Fro all walk as UFA's

Last edited by Vitto79: 12-24-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

i'm so happy for him! i can't wait till he comes back =D

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Gatorade*

MZA with Stepan is an intriguing line option. Could work out well for the Rangers if Prospal can click again with Gaborik.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I liked what I saw from the kid...I liked the line of Dubi/Stepan/MZA in general last night. (Aside from MZA's brain freeze on the Vinny L goal.) I think that combination has the makings of a legitimate 2nd line. I also thought the Frolov/AA/Drury combination worked...I have felt for awhile that Frolov and AA should play together, as they seem to have some chemistry.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
The reason MZA's getting sent back down is because this was a 1 game call up from the start. How he performed today wasn't going to decide whether he goes back down or not.

At training camp MZA said himself he's not ready yet. There's no need to rush a rookie who isn't ready to play on an 82 game NHL schedule

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
man this team has some depth options. I really want to see MZA and Weise on this team. Next yr for sure just let Feds and Prospal walk. I don't mind those two at all but they need to and I'm sure will keep going with the youth movement.

Top of my head next yr

Boyle, Stepan, Drury

Totally agree. MZA is ready to replace either one of the 3 future UFAs. In fact, if some team is going to be willing to pick up Feds or Frolov at the deadline this year, it would be an easy decision to make, cause Zucc is a NHL ready talent.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The reason MZA's getting sent back down is because this was a 1 game call up from the start. How he performed today wasn't going to decide whether he goes back down or not.

At training camp MZA said himself he's not ready yet. There's no need to rush a rookie who isn't ready to play on an 82 game NHL schedule
it also had a lot to do with the cap. it wouldnt be surprising if he is on the roster on monday night if after the freeze torts makes slats make a couple roster moves to get mza back up. MZA wasnt ready because he needed time to adjust the NA game and he has much faster than expected. He even told torts last night before the game he wasn't sure if he was ready because of the large crowd, but he did great. Time will tell what happens, but whatever happens will happen!

Hope everyone has a good holiday!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:28 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
Totally agree. MZA is ready to replace either one of the 3 future UFAs. In fact, if some team is going to be willing to pick up Feds or Frolov at the deadline this year, it would be an easy decision to make, cause Zucc is a NHL ready talent.
Flip Fro at the deadline:

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
MZA-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery/Feds-Boyle-Prust
Avery/Feds-Drury-EC.

Bam.

edit- and if Frolov is able to keep up his recent play then try to flip someone else.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
HockeyBurd*

Good for him. Warms the heart to see somebody living a dream and appreciating it. Given the way he played, it won't be too long before he's back up with the club.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Good catch, send the Bum back to Europe until he learns the NA game!!!
No that is a little extreme, nothing out Ken Grenadier can't fix with another 2 months in the A

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Ail
k.

I'm not even worried, he will be back. The Whale needs him now, but he played a solid game last night. There's no way he doesn't end up back on the roster before the end of the season.

I guess we'll see.

12-24-2010, 12:25 PM
mikjo344

So nice to see MZA have some success! It seems he has recovered from a some what sluggish start and adapted well to the NA game. Hope to see him in the line up soon again!

mikjo344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Top of my head next yr

Boyle, Stepan, Drury

I like it.

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:15 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
No that is a little extreme, nothing out Ken Grenadier can't fix with another 2 months in the A
Are you talking sarcastially about Gernander or about the poster because the poster was joking. lol if you mean gernander

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

If Prospal can get healthy, I'd imagine Torts would go back to trying Prospal-EC-Gaborik. I can see him rotate with Prospal-Stepan-Gaborik once in a while. Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan would be a very capable 2nd line. Point being, I don't see MZA being in the top 6 if we ever get a healthy roster. He's got to beat out in no particular order.

EC/Stepan, Avery, Prust, Drury, Fedotenko, Boyle

I could see in the bottom 6
Avery-Stepan-Drury
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

If Prospal-EC-Gaborik can regain their magic touch, that will be some sick depth we'll have. Ack! I forgot Frolov too. And if Boogaard is healthy... man, what a log jam. MZA is gonna have to muster up some Hobbit Magic to pull this off in time. Roster injuries are his best ally and he's got a limited amount of time to show he deserves to be up over some of those other guys. If he doesn't show "enough," I can see Torts sending him back down by de facto.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote