HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles Draft Pix in the WJC

Old
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

vCash: 500
Isles Draft Pix in the WJC

Off the top of my head the Isles Have at 4 Prospect playing in this yr's WJC

USA - Brock Nelson
Swiss - Nino
Can - De Haan, Cizikas

Not a bad representation of young talent for us playing in a high profile tournamnet.

I didn't look at every teams rosters so they may even more players for us playing.

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 07:50 AM
JustLikeIt

next year nyi will draft Sven Bartschi

JustLikeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:43 AM
JKP

And deHaan was named an Alternate Captain.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Le Golie

deHaan will be an integral part of Team Canada. He'll be counted on to produce offensively and lead the break-out. Canada's defence haven't been overly puck smart in the pre-tournament games and as a unit they've struggled with turnovers and poor decision making - deHaan hasn't been as erratic as Gudbrandson or Dupres but he's going to need to get better as the tournament goes on, which he probably will.

Cizikas will be a role player for Canada but appropriately enough, his role will be exactly what it will be in the NHL. He's a lower line energy player and leader so we'll see how he does. If he can be effective in that role during the tournament it bodes well for his future as a pro.

Nino is undoubtedly the heart and sould of the Swiss and as they did last year, they will sink or swim with him. He wasn't a factor in the pre-tournament game against Canada but the Swiss had very little puck possession all game.

Nelson will be the most interesting player for me. He stepped up and earned a spot in camp on a strong and deep team. I'm very hopeful for Nelson. He's going to be exposed to a level of hockey that is lightyears away from the high school hockey he was playing eight months ago but Team USA staff think he's ready and I can't wait to see what he shows us. His second goal in the last pre-tournament game was a thing of beauty - hopefully a sign of what's to come.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 02:44 PM
DiPietrofan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
deHaan will be an integral part of Team Canada. He'll be counted on to produce offensively and lead the break-out. Canada's defence haven't been overly puck smart in the pre-tournament games and as a unit they've struggled with turnovers and poor decision making - deHaan hasn't been as erratic as Gudbrandson or Dupres but he's going to need to get better as the tournament goes on, which he probably will.

Cizikas will be a role player for Canada but appropriately enough, his role will be exactly what it will be in the NHL. He's a lower line energy player and leader so we'll see how he does. If he can be effective in that role during the tournament it bodes well for his future as a pro.

Nino is undoubtedly the heart and sould of the Swiss and as they did last year, they will sink or swim with him. He wasn't a factor in the pre-tournament game against Canada but the Swiss had very little puck possession all game.

Nelson will be the most interesting player for me. He stepped up and earned a spot in camp on a strong and deep team. I'm very hopeful for Nelson. He's going to be exposed to a level of hockey that is lightyears away from the high school hockey he was playing eight months ago but Team USA staff think he's ready and I can't wait to see what he shows us. His second goal in the last pre-tournament game was a thing of beauty - hopefully a sign of what's to come.
In the exhibition game I saw, Nelson was centering the 2nd line the the US and he was getting PK and PP time. He looked pretty good in the game actually, had a couple of scoring chances and set up a couple if I remember correctly. He looked just fine out there.

DiPietrofan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

if Nelson and Dehaan can make sizable and meaningfull contrbutions to their repective teams then that would bode well for the Isles going forward. We already know that Nino has and probably will again this year. Thats all we can ask for at this point,Cizikas is a role player ..not to trivalize his play but it will be nice to see what he can do on this big stage..who knows he might do better than expected

The side story will be of course Larrson and Curturrier....and for others Landeskog (sp)..disappointed that RNH didn't make the Can team.

Old
12-26-2010, 11:42 AM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Is anyone else here watching the Worlds?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:04 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

yup later tonight

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
bossy22

Nino Niederreiter scored once and set-up another during a four-goal, first-period blitz that carried Switzerland past Germany 4-3 Sunday in the opening game at the world junior hockey championship.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=346878

bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

de Haan just got an assist on canada's 1st goal of tourney.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 05:16 PM
BillD

Cizikas with a sick shift early where he dominated puck possession for a good 20-25 seconds with no help.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:32 AM
crashthenet

Hope Nelson's injury is not serious. Put a damper on a pretty good day.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Hope Nelson's injury is not serious. Put a damper on a pretty good day.
What happened?

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Cizikas with a sick shift early where he dominated puck possession for a good 20-25 seconds with no help.
Short handed no less (IIRC). Very impressive display of hard work and determination.

12-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Short handed no less (IIRC). Very impressive display of hard work and determination.
It reminded me a lot of Jason Blake, before they started misusing him and he was one of the best energy guys and PK'ers in the league.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Jester9881

Brock Nelson looked overmatched for a lot of that game last night. It's to be expected of a guy that has played mostly HS hockey up to this point. He did make a really nice defensive play late in the third though, going down to deflect a shot with his stick.

He's going to be a big piece for this US squad in the next couple years IMO.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
What happened?
Went off late in the third with what looked like a shoulder injury.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:58 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Mckenzie's highlight of the game.

Old
12-27-2010, 12:21 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Brock Nelson looked overmatched for a lot of that game last night. It's to be expected of a guy that has played mostly HS hockey up to this point. He did make a really nice defensive play late in the third though, going down to deflect a shot with his stick.

He's going to be a big piece for this US squad in the next couple years IMO.
he's currently 19 so this will be his only world juniors.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Mckenzie's highlight of the game.
Mckenzie or Maguire? I was watching the TSN feed on NHL Network and PM between his butt kissing's of Ryan Ellis made mention of that being the turning point of the game.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post

Extremely impressed with his effort this game. He'll get plenty of ice time as Cameron trusts him and will use him in all situations if needed. I look forward to watching him during the tourny. He's a no doubter for Bridgeport next year.

Old
12-27-2010, 12:58 PM
bossy22

de Haan's game is sound. His composure with the puck is outstanding and his outlet passes are excellent. Reading other comments (esp. in the locked thread), it appears some are disappointed with his game and skill set. Not me.

Old
12-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

De Haan - I think some people expect a Brian bleech type player and now that most Isles fans are seeing him in action for basically the first time they're, i think a little disappointed...but hey its 1 game in and he has an asst

was he on the 1st pp unit? i don't think he was..but i could be wrong.

Old
12-27-2010, 02:31 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
de Haan's game is sound. His composure with the puck is outstanding and his outlet passes are excellent. Reading other comments (esp. in the locked thread), it appears some are disappointed with his game and skill set. Not me.
In other words, just like Cam Fowler . . .

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Curturier I think was a +2 with an asst.

I thought he played a good, sound game but he didn't dominate nor makes himself widely noticed...i know he hit the score sheet but it was a quiet +2 & asst