HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers still interested in Fedor Tyutin(Updated)

Old
12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
They did? Because I remember the guy we got back leading our team in scoring, while the guy we sent them is currently a healthy scratch making 2.7 mil. Hmm.
I remember the guy we got back being lazy and invisible half the time and being gone with nothing to show for it after one season while Tyutin is still on their team.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I remember the guy we got back being lazy and invisible half the time and being gone with nothing to show for it after one season while Tyutin is still on their team.
....And is more of a liability than an asset. Without Zherdev, we finish around 10th place in 09. Tyutin is nothing special. Let it go.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 08:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
....And is more of a liability than an asset. Without Zherdev, we finish around 10th place in 09. Tyutin is nothing special. Let it go.
Nothing special other than a top 4 d-man who doesn't have a cap hit that would hinder our ability to sign Brad Richards.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 08:39 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nothing special other than a top 4 d-man who doesn't have a cap hit that would hinder our ability to sign Brad Richards.
He hasn't been a top-4 dman since going to Columbus.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
That's a lie. Tyutin has been on Roszival's level his entire tenure in Columbus.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:50 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
That's a lie. Tyutin has been on Roszival's level his entire tenure in Columbus.
No, he hasn't. He's been ok. That's it. The trade happened in the friggin' summer of '08. Let it be.

Old
12-25-2010, 09:02 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
No, he hasn't. He's been ok. That's it. The trade happened in the friggin' summer of '08. Let it be.
I'm not saying anything about the trade, i'm just saying you're talking about Tyutin like he's Wade Redden while it' s undeserved. He's still a good second pairing defense-man with a cheap cap hit.

Old
12-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
He's still a good second pairing defense-man with a cheap cap hit.
This is true.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 09:36 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Tyutin has put up better numbers and more minutes over the past 2 seasons than Rozsival..this is a fact, this is not disputable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...?playerId=2005

http://espn.go.com/nhl/players/stats?playerId=806

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 09:57 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Tyutin has put up better numbers and more minutes over the past 2 seasons than Rozsival..this is a fact, this is not disputable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...?playerId=2005

http://espn.go.com/nhl/players/stats?playerId=806
Well, stats of course aren't everything. I'd prefer to have neither at their current price, but Rozsival is really the more valuable asset imo.

Old
12-26-2010, 01:12 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Um... you're way wrong. He has absolutely been. It's only been this year that his play has been disappointing. The last two seasons he put up 30+ points and averaged almost 23 minutes per game. Absolutely top 4 and at times CBJs top d-man. Just not performing up to par so far this season.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:14 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Um... you're way wrong. He has absolutely been. It's only been this year that his play has been disappointing. The last two seasons he put up 30+ points and averaged almost 23 minutes per game. Absolutely top 4 and at times CBJs top d-man. Just not performing up to par so far this season.
I haven't been impressed by him at all, to be honest. I don't see any reason why we should be harping over it STILL.

Old
12-26-2010, 01:16 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, stats of course aren't everything. I'd prefer to have neither at their current price, but Rozsival is really the more valuable asset imo.
Um... you're way wrong abotu Tyutin. He has absolutely been a top four d-man and not at all a liability. It's only been this year that his play has been disappointing. The last two seasons he's put up 30+ points and averaged almost 23 minutes per game playing ES, PP and PK. Absolutely top four and at times CBJs top d-man. Just not performing up to par so far this season. To call him a liability and say he hasn't been a top four d-man SINCE going to Columbus is terribly misinformed and comes off as silly. For about 30 games he hasn't been a top four d-man. Seriously. I follow the Blue Jackets rather closely; I have family in Ohio and may be moving out there next year to work for the Jackets in marketing.

Edit: wanted to delete my original post since it's a repeat.

Old
12-26-2010, 01:17 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Well, I guess I'll take your word for it. In the times I've watched him, I was never as impressed of some of the people here. I never really liked him anyway.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Well, stats of course aren't everything.
Especially when they're not in your favor.

How can you say that you won a trade where the player that you received went off to Russia because no one would pay his mediocre demands here?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:42 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Especially when they're not in your favor.

How can you say that you won a trade where the player that you received went off to Russia because no one would pay his mediocre demands here?
Plus Zherdev scored 58 points for us while having one job - to provide offense (sure, he shouldn't have been relied on as the primary source, but regardless, he had one job). Tyutin scored 34 points as a d-man for Columbus in that season, averaging 22 minutes a night and followed it up with 32 points and the same minutes in a key role on the Jackets while Zherdev was in Russia.

Old
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Toots was a player we spent years developing, and eventually moved him for a 1-year rental. The Blue-Jackets have a quality NHL player, and we have nothing to show for. That's bad asset management, any way you slice it. We clearly "lost" that trade. **** happens, I don't mind the risk Sather made. Gotta have balls sometimes.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i think ppl overrate what Tyutin is. I'd still do that trade today. Of course, I wouldnt have let Z go either...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Tyutin has been columbus best d-man for the past couple years.

Dont just say o hes a healthy scratch blah blah. Do you even understand the reasoning behind his healthy scratch?

Do any of us think that del zotto sucked last year just because he was a healthy scratch this year? No!

Tytin>>>>Z any day.

Zherdev is a lazy selfish player that was a mistake player brought in to boost the offense.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:14 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think ppl overrate what Tyutin is. I'd still do that trade today. Of course, I wouldnt have let Z go either...
I don't see anyone claiming Tyutin is an all-star or anything like that, so considering as much, I think it's difficult to overrate a 23 minute a night, 30+ point defender who plays in all situations and has a physical edge to his game. Tyutin is probably underrated, as far as being recognized league-wide is concerned. I think the only reason Rangers fans say things like Tyutin is overrate or Tyutin is just an average player/not top-four material is because there's a subconscious bitterness over him succeeding after we traded him. As for his healthy scratch this year, CBJ coaches thought it would be a wake-up call to help him elevate his play BACK to what it was the last couple of years for them, which was very, very good.

Old
12-26-2010, 02:27 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Obviously I disagree with Rozsival been a bigger asset, but thats just opinion.

I do agree with you thought that this is nothing worth harping over, as none of these guys are all star caliber.

Old
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
One mans Tyutin, is another mans Rozsival

I would do the trade over again, only if we resigned Zherdev.

The trade was justified in the sense that we recieved the best, most skilled player, and for us, that was a chance we had to take.

I have no ill regards for the trade beyond letting Z go

Old
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Obviously I disagree with Rozsival been a bigger asset, but thats just opinion.

I do agree with you thought that this is nothing worth harping over, as none of these guys are all star caliber.
The only reason i think this topic is even discussed is the fact that rozy is, right now, not really expendable. We don't have that dependent, second pairing, veteran guy.

Tyutin was a home grown, top 4 d-man who is on a cap friendly salary. Zherdev is a selfish player who wasn't wanted by ANY team after his season with the Rangers.

That being said, the trade was really low risk, high reward. Tyutin doesn't make us a cup contender or anything like that. It's a matter of the cap space imo, Tyutins 2.7> Rozy's 5

Old
02-06-2011, 05:36 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Arthur Staple of Newsday. Since Newsday has a paywall,here is a complete summary. Can't post the entire clip(copyright infractions)

Rangers are still interested in Tyutin

Columbus is not eager to trade Tyutin. They want to deal off Klesla who they signed to an extension just last season.

Quote:
The Rangers, it's believed, would love to have Tyutin back. Sather dealt him for Nik Zherdev two summers ago; that was a bust, after Zherdev's one shaky season in New York and Tyutin's continued steady play in Columbus.

Tyutin has one year at a $2.875-million cap hit remaining, which would fit in well with the Rangers' cap situation.

They won't be parting with Del Zotto, though, despite his struggles.

So the search may continue for a good trade fit with three weeks left until the deadline.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...unch-1.2664044

Columbus has too many players signed to long term deals. Teams don't trade for term. They're stuck.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Arthur Staple of Newsday. Since Newsday has a paywall,here is a complete summary. Can't post the entire clip(copyright infractions)

Rangers are still interested in Tyutin

Columbus is not eager to trade Tyutin. They want to deal off Klesla who they signed to an extension just last season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...unch-1.2664044

Columbus has too many players signed to long term deals. Teams don't trade for term. They're stuck.
I really don't see any trade fitting him in