Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To Make The Playoffs......

Old
12-22-2010, 09:16 AM
slappipappi

vCash: 500
To Make The Playoffs......

Calgary needs about 95 points to make the playoffs, so they need 64 points in 47 games, a 68% winning percentage.

With the tough competition in the West, only Detroit in currently playing at that pace this year, and they are just barely at that level.

Last year, both San Jose and Chicago just barely played at that level.

In summary, Calgary will have to play at a level that equates to the best team in the West to make the playoffs. Calgary will have to play like the best (after playing like the worst over some 120 odd games) just to make the expected playoff spot.

You can draw your own conclusions........

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Ssoc55

Calagry Needs TOO

got too trade glencross, boumeester, stajan, pardy, moss.. get some picks and assets. La would party with simmons and martinez. Martinez skates exceptionally well. simmons a raw talent plays like iggy, fights and can score and is a 1988. Do it now !!!!!!!!!!!

Ssoc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 375
In other words, there may be a better chance you look out your window and see this:

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
getoverit

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
In other words, there may be a better chance you look out your window and see this:

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
robmneilson

Play offs?

Here's to hoping we get really lucky in the lottery draft!

robmneilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:48 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 12:48 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Couldn't have said it better.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 01:17 PM
GoFlames

I think we will all be looking hard to see some flying pigs over the next four months... at least the Oilers are not sucking as bad as was expected so less competition for the lottery pick from the west at least...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 03:16 PM
sem1

what could we offer LA to get simmonds AND martinez? i know they are really really high on both and forgood reason. boumeester? dont think that would be enough at all after his decline since joining the flames.

i really hope we dont trade iginla. maybe its just ignorance from being a true dedicated flames fan since i can remember being alive and it just wouldnt feel right seeing him playing for another team. i wanna have that moment at the dome where he plays his last game of his career in a flmes jersey. ill shed a tear.

looking at the lightning this year, we can still rebuild or at least becom competitive again without tradng away iginla. they kept both st. louis and lecavallier. we dont have to trade iginla. and he's been proving the last few weeks hes still a 30 goal scorer despite all the non flames fan haters and the flames fan doubters that say hes useless

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Simple fact of the matter is that Calgary is a lottery team. They are now and they will be at the end of the year. Whats disturbing is that preseason we all saw the lineup and many predicted calgary making it. It should have been obvious from day 1 with this junk roster that calgary would be a bottom feeder.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsApple View Post
It should have been obvious from day 1 with this junk roster that calgary would be a bottom feeder.
Yes, please tell Sutter, declining veterans and castoffs from losers do not make a good team.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:19 PM
GoFlames

Playoffs are totally a fantasy world at this time. Not going to happen imo. Start blowing it up now... make some moves starting with dumping that loser GM and his clan.

Old
12-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsApple View Post
Simple fact of the matter is that Calgary is a lottery team. They are now and they will be at the end of the year. Whats disturbing is that preseason we all saw the lineup and many predicted calgary making it. It should have been obvious from day 1 with this junk roster that calgary would be a bottom feeder.
It should have obvious on July 1st that this team wasn't going to have a good season. Sutter was a banking on Kotalik, Bouwmeester, Iginla, Regehr, Jokinen, Moss, Conroy, Sarich, and Tanguay on having bounce back seasons. That's 40% of our entire healthy 23 man roster. And it doesn't help that he brought in career losers in Stajan and White (and Jokinen and to an extent, Bouwmeester) and expected them to be integral parts of the team. When you build your team with guys who consistently lose at every level, why would it be surprise when that losing mentality pervades your team? This team right now consistently finds ways to lose games that should have been winnable.

Darren Dreger mentioned earlier in that season that a 'dark cloud' hangs over the Flames. It's pretty clear that that 'dark cloud' is Darryl.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:48 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
It should have obvious on July 1st that this team wasn't going to have a good season. Sutter was a banking on Kotalik, Bouwmeester, Iginla, Regehr, Jokinen, Moss, Conroy, Sarich, and Tanguay on having bounce back seasons. That's 40% of our entire healthy 23 man roster. And it doesn't help that he brought in career losers in Stajan and White (and Jokinen and to an extent, Bouwmeester) and expected them to be integral parts of the team. When you build your team with guys who consistently lose at every level, why would it be surprise when that losing mentality pervades your team? This team right now consistently finds ways to lose games that should have been winnable.

Darren Dreger mentioned earlier in that season that a 'dark cloud' hangs over the Flames. It's pretty clear that that 'dark cloud' is Darryl.
The dark cloud has a possible silver lining though.... lottery pick!

Old
12-24-2010, 04:55 PM
canadajazz

why in HELL do people on this board keep suggesting trading bouwmeester... it's a STUPID thing to suggest because as good as it would be for this team, it's impossible

nobody wants bouwmeester's albatross contract... get that through your heads. you don't pay 6.7 million for a shut-down D when you can get one in the 3.5-4.5 range a la hannan, scuderi, mitchell, regehr, volchenkov, michalek

well unless you can find a 1 in a million situation where a GM is as stupid as bob gainey is and takes that contract on... but really, look around... a few select GMs are kicking themselves for contracts given to horcoff, redden, drury, campbell, maybe even kovalchuk... and they're not movable

canadajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
DoubleJ96

It's getting to the point where I am about to start wishing for a lottery pick.

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post
why in HELL do people on this board keep suggesting trading bouwmeester... it's a STUPID thing to suggest because as good as it would be for this team, it's impossible

nobody wants bouwmeester's albatross contract... get that through your heads. you don't pay 6.7 million for a shut-down D when you can get one in the 3.5-4.5 range a la hannan, scuderi, mitchell, regehr, volchenkov, michalek

well unless you can find a 1 in a million situation where a GM is as stupid as bob gainey is and takes that contract on... but really, look around... a few select GMs are kicking themselves for contracts given to horcoff, redden, drury, campbell, maybe even kovalchuk... and they're not movable
Woah, did Santa crap in your stockings?

I have to disagree, I'm not saying we should necessarily trade Bouw, but I do not think he is untradable by any stretch. I think teams like Boston, Dallas, and possibly even New Jersey would be interested in trading for him if they could make it work cap wise. Your assessment of Bouw is not complete, yes he is a shutdown D-man, but he is so much more than that. He is also one of the top PMD in the NHL, along with being a top shutdown d-man, not alot of others have that claim. He is also one of the best skating and passing d-man in the league, he brings a whole new element to any team.

I am not suggesting teams would be lining up to take him, but I do not think he is anywhere near as untradable as you suggest. If Phaneuf can be traded, it is definitely possible that Bouwmeester can be as well. I would only consider trading him if someone gave us an extremely good offer (ie. top prospect and high draft picks), which probably won't happen. I expect him to remain with the Flames during a rebuild.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 12-24-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
If Phaneuf can be traded, it is definitely possible that Bouwmeester can be as well.
This just about sums that up.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 02:44 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post

That's complete BS. Some contracts may be harder to move than others, but it's not out of the question. I remember when Vandermeer supposedly couldn't be moved either. I'm not interested in seeing Bouwmeester moved, but if that's what the organization wanted, I have no doubt we'd find takers.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 09:33 PM
canadajazz

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but you guys are drinking way too much of your own Kool Aid... especially with what's going on with Kovalchuk you're going to likely see increasingly prudent behavior by GMs, at least on average... to some extent they calmed down after that psychotic stretch where guys like hartnell, vanek, campbell, drury, gomez, horcoff, briere, etc. all got stupid money and if there are going to be new cap concerns after the next c-bargaining agreement they'll be even more prudent. you're not gonna see GMs go after D-men who are getting paid above market value, and no matter what way you look at it, or tout J-Bo for his skating or PMD, he's paid too much above market value. And he brings a new element to the team? REALLY? I'd love to see you support that claim, dude is NOT a game changer. He's a good, steady, solid defenseman. But he does not change games, he does not control the tempo of play like elite D-men (Pronger, Lidstrom, Keith, etc.) .... but he's currently making elite D-man money. That's the point I made, and that's exactly why he's not likely movable. There was no significant change to the way this team played after acquiring J-Bo.

and Streaking, you might find takers, but it would have to be an absolute bonehead trade that saw us take about as much salary back, likely in junk players... that's why I say it's an unrealistic proposition... it's very hard to move guys that are even arguably playing below contract value who are locked up long-term, let alone guys that clearly don't play to that value.
then again, if anyone would do a bonehead trade it would be D-Sutter, a la trade Jokinen, take back Kotalik at over 3 mil and then resign Jokinen anyways rofl.

canadajazz is offline   Reply With Quote