Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2010, 08:38 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Well, we have a little bit of a breather after coming off this bad loss.

Maybe we can actually practice in our own facility for once, eh?

Let's win this against TB. BIG GAME! Don't choke!

Old
12-24-2010, 05:31 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Apparently Nate Thompson was upset over an "intentional" blow to his knee by Eric Boulton last time we played. No word on if they are going to trade for someone who can actually do something about it, or if they will do "The Tampa Thing" and whine about how classless it was all night.

Can we get a YT or that Linus Omark SO goal in here?

Old
12-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Sleazoid
Who needs offense?

I tried to find one of MSL saying how classless it was, but couldn't.

Old
12-25-2010, 06:38 PM
StevenintheATL

With this winter weather happening tonight into tomorrow, I wonder how many folks will actually make it to the game? I wonder if the Lightning charter flight will be able to get into ATL, as it does not look like they aren't scheduled to fly up until tomorrow? It's barely going to get above freezing here tomorrow so the roads may be quite treacherous.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:10 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
True, everything's going to ice up tonight. Not sure how many people would be willing to make the trip even if they've already bought the tickets.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:29 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
With this winter weather happening tonight into tomorrow, I wonder how many folks will actually make it to the game? I wonder if the Lightning charter flight will be able to get into ATL, as it does not look like they aren't scheduled to fly up until tomorrow? It's barely going to get above freezing here tomorrow so the roads may be quite treacherous.
I can't imagine the roads will be impassable tomorrow. Even the dumbest of DOT officials should know of potential icy conditions, and e able to clear, at the absolute least, major roadways to facilitate travel to and from Philips.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:36 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I can't imagine the roads will be impassable tomorrow. Even the dumbest of DOT officials should know of potential icy conditions, and e able to clear, at the absolute least, major roadways to facilitate travel to and from Philips.
The side streets are usually lower down the priority list. The major roadways will be the top priority. So the interstates and highways like GA 400 and GA 316 will be the top priorities if widespread ice is reported on those roads. One thing to remember is that a parts of some of the streets in the Downtown area are more prone to icing because they are viaducts over the rail lines. With the temperatures predicted to be barely above freezing tomorrow and temps well below freezing tomorrow night, it could get messy after the game as well.

Old
12-25-2010, 08:47 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Wonder if Brent Sopel will make it back from Chicago where he went to spend Christmas? I'm glad he's a wonderful family man and all, but I also am concerned that all of his extra travel is going to wear him down as the season rolls along.

Old
12-25-2010, 11:15 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
The side streets are usually lower down the priority list. The major roadways will be the top priority. So the interstates and highways like GA 400 and GA 316 will be the top priorities if widespread ice is reported on those roads. One thing to remember is that a parts of some of the streets in the Downtown area are more prone to icing because they are viaducts over the rail lines. With the temperatures predicted to be barely above freezing tomorrow and temps well below freezing tomorrow night, it could get messy after the game as well.
Another thing to consider is the fact it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

Take it from me. As a kid, I watched repeatedly as I thought I'd get multiple days out of these schools due to ice, only to see the ice gone and dried up during the afternoon hours.

There should be only minor problems. If people aren't driving like morons, everything should be fine.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:02 AM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post

There should be only minor problems. If people aren't driving like morons, everything should be fine.

Uh when aren't people in Atlanta not driving like morons.....

There are some road closures this morning, but further out from town and Metro Atlanta. I think the wind helped to dry the streets off rather quickly in many areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Wonder if Brent Sopel will make it back from Chicago where he went to spend Christmas? I'm glad he's a wonderful family man and all, but I also am concerned that all of his extra travel is going to wear him down as the season rolls along.
I'm not sure what airline he's flying on, but it looks like flights between Chicago and Atlanta this morning aren't being affected too much by the weather here.

The Lightning's charter is en route:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK395

Last edited by StevenintheATL: 12-26-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Closed Thread