HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011 World Junior Tournament Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2010, 05:02 PM
ru4reals

vCash: 500
Ohhhhh freakin no SCHENN scores! He sucks!

Old
12-26-2010, 05:16 PM
GR81

WOW... What a beautiful wrap around shot attempt by Kitsyn and a better save by Roy.

Game Final:
Canada 6
Russia 3

Schenn 1G, 1A
Kitsyn 1G ( 2 should be assists)

Last edited by GR81: 12-26-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old
12-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

as Schenn adds an assist on the Final Goal

So Schenn 1g1a=2pts ... nice day.
Kitsyn 1g0a=1pt ... but I think we all agree he played a more important roll than those stat's would indicate.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 12-27-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old
12-26-2010, 05:28 PM
BigBrown
They did it!

Pretty good game. The third was a bit one sided though.

Schenn 1G 1A
Kitsyn 1G

Old
12-26-2010, 05:32 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
WOW... What a beautiful wrap around shot attempt by Kitsyn and a better safe by Roy.
I have to say this kid was impressive. Plants his big A** in front of the net every time the Russians had the puck. Was involved throughout the game, and that spin shot would have been awesome if he scored. But a pretty good game until the third when the Russians took some dumb penalties and that pretty much sealed the deal for the Canadians. As for Schenn yeah he played a bit selfish and had some bad plays but to single him out was just stupid. He could have had four points if his teammates buried the puck. Now on to the USA game where I'm actually anxious to see Forbort play.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Too much turkey for Brayden Schenn. Yeah he got two points, but elevate your game, son.

Didn't notice Kitsyn too much, mostly because of the superb game from his linemate Tarasenko. You can see the hint of potential there, nice skill set, good instincts etc.

Forbort up next against the Finns in a couple of hours.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Great game.

I will write more later but Kitsyn should have been given that second goal and an assist. terrible scoring.

Schenn looked shaky to start but settled into a solid game getting better as it went along. To compare him OJ is simply well off base and ridiculous in my opinion. Brayden hits. He was playing to impress to start and just isn't his game.

Once he settled down he became a force.

Anyway Kitsyn looked really great, a true presence in front of the net and his hands in tight has improved greatly over the past year.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Oh and Forbort is nursing a problem with his left hand. He had it looked after his morning skate and is going to play so it must be alright.

Old
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Great game.

I will write more later but Kitsyn should have been given that second goal and an assist. terrible scoring.

Schenn looked shaky to start but settled into a solid game getting better as it went along. To compare him OJ is simply well off base and ridiculous in my opinion. Brayden hits. He was playing to impress to start and just isn't his game.

Once he settled down he became a force.

Anyway Kitsyn looked really great, a true presence in front of the net and his hands in tight has improved greatly over the past year.
Exactly what I was thinking. Didn't look good with his attempts of over handling the puck, it was out of character for him, shooting too much etc. Once the 3rd period came, all was better. One of "those" first games I guess. And too much turkey with a side order of gravy. Still scored two points, took important faceoffs, and helped Canada get the win, his job was done.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:00 PM
wicker

Quote:
Oh and Forbort is nursing a problem with his left hand. He had it looked after his morning skate and is going to play so it must be alright.
Man, that sucks. I really want him to have a great tournament.

Also, it's obvious that Schenner has been told to shoot more, but man, it doesn't look that good since he's a pass first kind of guy. I hope he settles down as the tourney moves along.

Did we seriously draft Kitsyn in the sixth round? Seriously? The kid looked so good, and Tarasenko was amazing. That line was the only consistently good line for Russia.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Didn't look good with his attempts of over handling the puck, it was out of character for him, shooting too much etc. Once the 3rd period came, all was better. One of "those" first games I guess. And too much turkey with a side order of gravy. Still scored two points, took important faceoffs, and helped Canada get the win, his job was done.
Yes and yes.

He settled down and I am looking for him to have a monster BSchenn second game. Smart hard working physical play that will hurt you if you give him an inch. He showed that in the 3rd imo and that is his game.

Still he could have had a couple more points but his linemates cost him.

Nothing serious. He will be good and your right imo, he did his job.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
Man, that sucks. I really want him to have a great tournament.

Also, it's obvious that Schenner has been told to shoot more, but man, it doesn't look that good since he's a pass first kind of guy. I hope he settles down as the tourney moves along.

Did we seriously draft Kitsyn in the sixth round? Seriously? The kid looked so good, and Tarasenko was amazing. That line was the only consistently good line for Russia.
Yes.

Tarasenko has a game breaker look to his game and is fun to watch at this level but I am one of the few who think that he is going to struggle in the NHL. He has always been treated and seem as a star especially so in Russia and that is going to be an interesting change for him in the NHL. I know he has had his exposure already but he has also had his challenges.

Kitsyn was seen as a real risk due to the red plague or the threat that the ridiculously corrupt Russian Hockey Federation "Федерация хоккея России" made regarding the manner in which it planned on allowing its talented youth to play in North America.

A little known fact in most corners of the regular fan is that many NHL teams hire consultants to go over to Russia (and a few other places in EU) to go and try to work things out between the different league's, players and officials prior to their draft. Now I know that some will cry fowl but nobody is making any offers or promises, just greasing the wheels that keep the doors open.

After they are drafted then the consultants will go back in and begin working on the individual to get them across when the time is right.

In other words Kitsyn dropped to us late due to the perception that we may not be able to bring him over and for a couple of minor issues with his skating. Add in the amount of investment in time and money that it takes to actually get a Russian player here and there you go.

Of course fortunately for some people this situation with the Ice Hockey Federation of Russia doesn't seem to be changing any time soon and as such it makes some really uber talented kids available in the later rounds.

Another thing is that Kitsyn grew up in a pretty back water area and as such sort of came out of nowhere as far as russian hockey was concerned at first.

He has changed his game allot and taken to heart what the people from the Kings have told him that he will need to make it to the team.

Nifty kid who could be a really nice player for us in a few years. He has a way to go but so far so exceptional.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Too much turkey for Brayden Schenn. Yeah he got two points, but elevate your game, son.

Didn't notice Kitsyn too much, mostly because of the superb game from his linemate Tarasenko. You can see the hint of potential there, nice skill set, good instincts etc.

Forbort up next against the Finns in a couple of hours.
Must not have been looking right in front of the Canadian net. His big butt was right there. I had never seen him play but it was nice to see him crashing the nets and planting the screen in front.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

GOAL

USA - 1 : FIN - 0

Old
12-26-2010, 07:42 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Great play by Forbort on that 2 on 1. Looks like a veteran out there.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:51 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Great play by Forbort on that 2 on 1. Looks like a veteran out there.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Also impressive is Forborts' skating speed for such a big kid ... the broadcasters even mentioned his closing speed on bailing out his defensive partner on one shift was more like that of a small forward than a 6'4" 200+ lbs big defensemen.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

UGLY Puck handle by Jack Campbell and D breakdown as a result, and

USA -1 : Fin -1

WOW ... nice play by #16 on team USA ... whoever ... that was GREAT!

USA -2 : Fin -1

Old
12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We have a lot to be happy about. Kitsyn played very well for Russia today against Canada and got a goal, Schenn had two points tonight and played well despite Canadians hating him, and Forbort was solid in USA's win tonight. Very happy with our kids.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
12-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Alternate Jersey

Just wondering...how's everyone watching the games? Are they on TV...streaming... or que?

PS. yes, i'm aware they're over for today, but JW.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:27 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
Just wondering...how's everyone watching the games? Are they on TV...streaming... or que?

NHL Network.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:29 PM
KingCanadain1976

Tsn and tsn two both games were on tv today

Old
12-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post

ONline stream = http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/500...nship-Dec-26th

It'll be updated daily if you need a way to see the games, check there.

Old
12-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Kitsyn looked great, looking forward to see how he plays in the OHL.

Old
12-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Vino

Quote:
In other words Kitsyn dropped to us late due to the perception that we may not be able to bring him over and for a couple of minor issues with his skating.
Could you compare Kitsyn and Tyler Toffoli, thanks.

Is Toffoli better skater than Kitsyn? Kitsyn really is not prettiest or fastest skater. I think, that some way Ryan Smyth and Kitsyn reminds each others (net presence, good in tights, so and so skating).

What kind of player Toffoli is? Pure sniper/shooter or can he also made plays?

Could Toffoli and Kitsyn be linemates? I mean could they compliment each other or are they too much same kind of players, that they can't play same line.

Closed Thread