HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ New York Islanders 7PM RDS/TSN-Habs/MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Unforuntately we can't depend on Markov anymore, he's a broken part...time to move on, we need to address this from now on.
Agreed. They're only at mid-point of the season and our D squad is already falling apart. Imagine the last stretch.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Etienne

People might get mad at me but if there's one person on the D that should be benched, it's Gorges. He's OBVIOUSLY been playing hurt for months and we need him at his best.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:20 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
While true, I just hope nobody believes in it. 'Cause the thing is injuries happen. Injuries to Markov happen often lately. You need to build your D's with something else than old and slow guys especially if the idea is to build your team around speed. And also especially if the idea is to get fresh young guys till the season progressed even without injuries. Imagine with 1.
Of course, and that's my response to the "Well, we don't have Markov" retorts. Well, our D wouldn't be having nearly as much of an issue without Markov if they weren't old and slow.

I wanted us to address the slow/aging D in the offseason, but it was pretty difficult seeing as we couldn't move anyone and we had to worry about the cap. So I don't blame Gauthier there.

We'll see what he does in the offseason.

I will say, some of us noticed these massive holes last year... Can't say I've seen a single move made to address these holes. Maybe next year.

Subban needs to play..as does Weber.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
no the turning point was hiring martin. It's effects were only delayed
I don't like Martin. At all. But he's working with what he has. I'd like to think we have the team to be all offense or all grit and work along the boards or move the puck faster and all.....but let's face it we are nothing like that. Martin is doing the best with what he has.

And now that the goalie is human....it shows more.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Hmm, I wondering what they will say at L'Antichambre tonight.

Should be interesting to watch.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Nidema

I so love hate this team at times.

We need to wake the **** up.

We could be out of a playoff spot by the end of this roadtrip if we don't step up.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Subban will definitely dress next game. I wish we still had O'Byrne available to dress.
Fire JM to have Picard over PK......**** you JM

Old
m00ks

What a pass by gomez.

Quote:
This freakin defensive squad will need to be build on "In case Markov goes again..." We will sign him. But you cannot count on him to not miss time again. Enough with the excuse. The guy is not getting younger and he's going to have a recurent problem on his knee. You cannot based your end of season conference on how you missed Markov again....and again....and again.
I agree. But everyone was clamoring to trade him because they did think he was redundant when in fact, we need more players of his mold.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
FlyingRat

Does Brunet know Weber is leading the team in SOG in this game?

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Well if I was gonna pick which game to win I still would've preferred the W in Carolina than here. Still doesn't excuse it or make me calm but Carolina is the 9th place team. After tonight they're gonna have 3 games in hand with 6 points to make up. Ottawa is the same behind us but no games in hand. Hell Florida game is critical now too. They are 8 back but 3 in hand. Giving them a win instantly brings them into the race. We are always the masters of our own downfall and once again, I feel the Habs will need a superb March (a month we haven't had a losing record in since 2003 I believe, the only time in the last 11 seasons if you can believe it, yet only twice in that time have we been a winning team in December and 3 times did we have a winning January).

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
People might get mad at me but if there's one person on the D that should be benched, it's Gorges. He's OBVIOUSLY been playing hurt for months and we need him at his best.
Playing him is the most ridiculous thing ever. The guy misses practices almost EVERY SINGLE DAY and he's playing as if we were in the playoffs.....How hard is it to think that you'll need Gorges more later on. Yeah, every game is important but a long term banged up Gorges won't help you more than a guy you would have sit 1 or 2 weeks to get his injury healed up and play with more ease.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
No. The turning point is freaking Markov's injury. Its effects were only delayed.
More than anything people bought into what Montreal did in the playoffs last year and believed they were a contender. Fact is they rode God like performances from Halak and a Cammalleri scoring streak to the Conference finals.

This year they rode superhuman Price for 30 games and the constistency of Plekanec. However it is all starting to catch up with them. Add in the fact they had an easy schedule to boot that has now gotten tough, and you are seeing the team being exposed.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Fire JM to have Picard over PK......**** you JM
I can't believe we have Picard over PK and that we traded Obyrne (who is someone we can desperate use right now) to make room for a scrub like him.

He's a journeymen D for a reason. He has frequent swings between lows and highs with the lows being lower than his highs. Just because he had 10 or so good games, we got rid of Obyrne whom the organization drafted, developed and spent countless resources on.

Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Picard is terrible.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Picard is terrible.
Not according to JM

Old
12-26-2010, 08:25 PM
De Montreal
help

Picard is a poor excuse for a defenceman

Old
12-26-2010, 08:26 PM
HabsolutelyCanadien

Well I was happy we won on the 23rd! but yeah tonight it's bad luck for sure! alot of missed nets! well at least it won't be a shut out! but holy***** does Carey Price suck tonight! well we still have 46 games left! our record will be 20-14-2 42 pts IF we lose tonight! let's win again tonight! and IF not let's win again tuesday night! anyways! I can't wait until PG makes trades to get one of the best defencemans! and one of the best scorers! anyways! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Old
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
While true, I just hope nobody believes in it. 'Cause the thing is injuries happen. Injuries to Markov happen often lately. You need to build your D's with something else than old and slow guys especially if the idea is to build your team around speed. And also especially if the idea is to get fresh young guys till the season progressed even without injuries. Imagine with 1.
Thnig is, these guys (Gill, Spacek, Hamrlik) were all signed before Markov last two injuries...

Old
Maliki2

Theres freakin nobody in the stands!

Old
TheBuriedHab

I ****ing hate JM.

Old
12-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I can't believe we have Picard over PK and that we traded Obyrne (who is someone we can desperate use right now) to make room for a scrub like him.

He's a journeymen D for a reason. He has frequent swings between lows and highs with the lows being lower than his highs. Just because he had 10 or so good games, we got rid of Obyrne whom the organization drafted, developed and spent countless resources on.
At this point, this is the real question. People talk about how incredibly stupid playing Picard over Subban is...Well maybe. Surely. Yet, Subban is still a Habs while the other one is not anymore. Amongst the only one who had in him to play physical, yet by his own admission, he wasn't allowed to be physical....How great is that.

No wonder we keep asking for grit, tougher guys, and we're not getting it. They just don't believe in that type of hockey. I just wished Martin would be coaching Philly soon....we might be able to trade him Pyatt and Picard for Pronger and Hartnell.

Old
Natural Habs Fan

The Habs are still stuffed and hung over from Christmas.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Theres freakin nobody in the stands!
They are smarter than us and walked away from the trainwreck..

Old
Zaide
Mind over Matter

Alexandre Picard = Marc-André Bergeron - Offensive Skills

Old
12-26-2010, 08:28 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsolutelyCanadien View Post
Well I was happy we won on the 23rd! but yeah tonight it's bad luck for sure! alot of missed nets! well at least it won't be a shut out! but holy***** does Carey Price suck tonight!
No he doesn't.

Closed Thread