HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs snowed under by Isles

Old
12-26-2010, 09:04 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Ah how the memories fade and the worst of times becomes forgotten and idealized. There is NO comparison to be made between those past players and the new ones except for Picard who's essentially a 7th defenseman.
Not really all three of the old D could skate and Bouillion could hit like a truck. Brisebois is the best out of all those mentioned.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Yea probably one game I think.
No he won't, well I don't think he will.

A 5 min. boarding happens more than you think and a suspension for it its rare, unless the "victim" is seriously injured or leave the ice on a stretcher.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
It's JM's fault that Price looks human now because he's playing him too much.
That could be true...but Price was playing so well that I don't blame him for being played as much as he has been.

Auld should have started tonight. Wouldn't have made a diff, but Price shouldn't have played tonight.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Hahaha do you believe this french canadian have a future here?? Hahaha!

And this other french canadian is the worst &%$#@ defenseman ever!!! Hahaha!

----------------

I love this board.
You mean Picard?

No, he's just passing by. To think he was supposed to be a 7th defensemen, Markov playing. We could be dominating right now....

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
LOL, the penalties hurt, but c'mon man. We've had trouble scoring for how long now? We need a D-man...yes...that's still not going to make that big of a difference. We have some glaring holes here and it can't be fixed with just 1 guy.
still we are in the playoff picture, so we are not a bad team. Sure we need more offense but the lost of Markov is a huge reason why they struggle right now . Same thing happened just before he came back but the D-squad looked alot better when he started to play for us again. None of our player can take Markov minute on the long run and they all play way too much right now

It's not just one player, It's Markov the guy who play the most of the team. They need to replace him, no we are not contenders with a new D-men but they will al look better with a guy who can eat big minutes.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:11 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

----------------

I love this board.
Why are you making this a french canadian thing? Picard sucks dude, its simple, him being english would not make him any better at defense.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

----------------

I love this board.
everyone like Leblanc around here.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Why are you making this a french canadian thing? Picard sucks dude, its simple, him being english would not make him any better at defense.
But he would get much less hate on this board.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
That could be true...but Price was playing so well that I don't blame him for being played as much as he has been.

Auld should have started tonight. Wouldn't have made a diff, but Price shouldn't have played tonight.
That's why I used the "sarcasm" icon. The coach always had to make hard decisions but he never wins or gets any credit.

Yeah, it wouldn't have made a difference if Auld played tonight. JM played Price probably because it's been a tough road trip and he wanted to have all the chances to win A GAME, no matter the opponent.

JM isn't perfect but it's not his fault for the team's shameful lack of execution tonight.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:17 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
still we are in the playoff picture, so we are not a bad team. Sure we need more offense but the lost of Markov is a huge reason why they struggle right now . Same thing happened just before he came back but the D-squad looked alot better when he started to play for us again. None of our player can take Markov minute on the long run and they all play way too much right now

It's not just one player, It's Markov the guy who play the most of the team. They need to replace him, no we are not contenders with a new D-men but they will al look better with a guy who can eat big minutes.
Right...

But You have to consider something here. Markov has been absent from this team for huge chunks of time in the last 2 years. He's also a Free Agent. He'll probably be re-signed, but it's time that we build a team that will still be a force without Markov.

Need to get faster and younger on the blue line.

With all that said, we still have trouble scoring...so solidifying the D will help, but you still have to be able to score in this league and we struggle big time.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:18 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
But he would get much less hate on this board.
no, Picard is just in a no win situation. Hes not an everyday defenseman and Subban is being sit out because of him. Also they picked him over O'bryne who is playing 20+ minutes a game in colorado.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:18 PM
De Montreal
help

If the Canadiens and the people in the updesk are serious about this year, and want their team to have success, they need to completely remodel their defence. That D have been built for year around Andrei Markov, to work according to him. He's not there anymore, and our D is clueless, and uneffective: our best defender has zero confidence, and the coach doesn't have much confidence in him neither. Our most reliable defenceman, in Gorges, is injured and I don't need to elebarote on Alexandre Picard. That guy is certainly not a NHL defenceman.

As for Yannick Weber, it seems he's not ready for full-time duty yet which is just fine. I do not expect more from him for now.

I know how the Habs can build a fresh new defensive, with new faces. But this rebuild, although could be quickly, is a bit reckless hence why the Habs must be really serious about this year. But if they are, here's my strategy:

Jaroslav Spacek or Roman Hamrlik to any time, to any price. Spacek contract isnt absymal by today's standard, and Hamrlik is a pending UFA. We can find a home for them somewhere, I'm sure of it. As to who I'd prefer trade, obviously Spacke, but because of the salary cap, it's preferable to deal Roman away. Thanks for all the good years Hamrlik, but you're making too much money.

Lure Brian Burke into trading us Kaberle. I think Burke is about to break from the pessure he's getting. He would obviously ask for Pacioretty, but I wouldn't go there and set for Benoit Pouliot, Alexandre Picard and a 2nd round pick in 2011 for Tomas Kaberle and Colby Armstrong.

Trade Yannick Weber and Travis Moen to Florida for Bryan McCabe and low pick

Lay that lineup for the playoff, it would pay off. Just imagine it for a second. Re-uniting McCabe and Kaberle would be huge.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Armstrong - Eller - Lapierre
Darche - Halpern - Boyd

McCabe - Kaberle
Gorges - Suban
Spacek - Gill

Carey Price

Extras: Auld, Carle, Pyatt

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:19 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
That's why I used the "sarcasm" icon. The coach always had to make hard decisions but he never wins or gets any credit.

Yeah, it wouldn't have made a difference if Auld played tonight. JM played Price probably because it's been a tough road trip and he wanted to have all the chances to win A GAME, no matter the opponent.

JM isn't perfect but it's not his fault for the team's shameful lack of execution tonight.
For all the "negativity" that people say I spew. I rarely blame JM. I don't like his system and I don't like a lot of the things he does...but the players still have to execute. JM isn't missing open nets. He isn't letting players skate around him. He isn't taking penalties. The players need to be held accountable. Also, his GM needs to help him out.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I understand 82 games season are long and some players might have drink a lot of alcohol the past 2 days , but there's still only one word that could describe this performance:

SHAMELESS !!!

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:21 PM
JayBee*

Apparently Guerin told Marinaro that PK was the turning point of the Pens/Habs series.

Interesting.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:23 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Apparently Guerin told Marinaro that PK was the turning point of the Pens/Habs series.

Interesting.
Penalty Kill or P.K. Subban? This thing is getting confusing sometimes.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:

Interesting.
Yeah he injured Staal :X

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
no, Picard is just in a no win situation. Hes not an everyday defenseman and Subban is being sit out because of him. Also they picked him over O'bryne who is playing 20+ minutes a game in colorado.
Subban is being sit because of Picard? Really?

Subban is being sit because JM wants it. That's the only reason. Why exactly? We can only speculate.

But it's definitely not "because of Picard".

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Gally11

Usually when I miss game I turn off my phone and avoid my computer until game in an hour... Thank God I never tonight lol, only positive I can see is were starting to hit rock bottom and it might wake some people up... We must be eyeing Couturier to shut up french media

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Right...

But You have to consider something here. Markov has been absent from this team for huge chunks of time in the last 2 years. He's also a Free Agent. He'll probably be re-signed, but it's time that we build a team that will still be a force without Markov.

Need to get faster and younger on the blue line.

With all that said, we still have trouble scoring...so solidifying the D will help, but you still have to be able to score in this league and we struggle big time.
I agree

but don't get me wrong I don't think we are a contender this year but I really believe we are in the right direction. Our forward group is not bad and need some small adjustment and our defense is just not there yet. We have 3 pieces right now(Markov,Gorges,Subban) we can have one veteran(Gill,Hammer or Spacek) not 3 of them.

so we need to fill two holes IMO. One physical defensemen(Emelin ,Yeah I like dreamin) and one offensive one UFA or trade.

in 2 years we have the chance to be a contender

Old
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
digmor crusher

Seems like our D is committing turnover after turnover now, Price isn't making the big saves, everytime we make a mistake the other team scores, and we can't score. No reason to panic yet, lets see what happens after the roadtrip. However...I think Spacek, Gill, Hammer and Kots should not be back next year and if we can trade them this year lets do it. A big scoring winger and a couple of mean, big, puck moving d men would be nice.

digmor crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:27 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Penalty Kill or P.K. Subban? This thing is getting confusing sometimes.
Subban

Old
12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
The Camera Eye

Looks like we need to trade for Lecavalier soon.

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Looks like we need to trade for Lecavalier soon.
I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Isles weren;t lucky they were simply the better team. Compare their taking 9 of their last 10 points with the Habs' 1-6-0 record. The Habs were motoring along on adrenaline Epinephrine for the technical mnded) after the season-ending injury to Markov. We had our fingers crossed that they could keep it up but new their glands are depleted and they're just plain flat. PG must figure out a way to upgrade the Habs or they'll fall out of the playoff picture entirely.

I'm amazed to see that each member of the First line was a +1. It suggests that 17 other Habs didn't show up (did they miss the charter flight from Mntréal

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 12-26-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote