HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs snowed under by Isles

Old
12-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!

vCash: 500
Wow, 3136 in attendance tonight.

Anyway terible game, I'm starting to worry.

Slippin Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Stradale

So can we still win the cup without Markov?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
MicroFracture

God damnit.

Our forwards have no hands, and our defensemen have no legs.

This is depressing.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So can we still win the cup without Markov?
I initally said the same to myself, but then I began to think; is anyone else wondering if Markov will ever be the same? He's putting together quite the impressive streak of injuries, who knows if he'll be himself when he returns.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:53 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Subban is being sit because of Picard? Really?

Subban is being sit because JM wants it. That's the only reason. Why exactly? We can only speculate.

But it's definitely not "because of Picard".

Subban just brings too much damn excitement to JM's boring team so JM must teach the kid a lesson..

I don't know if PK would make much of a difference but the kid looks like he will be a huge part of the Habs future so just let the guy play his game.. We know he will make mistakes but you just live with them and hope he learns from them while playing rather than sitting in the pressbox twiddling his thumbs.. Sad part is that PK as more skill than any other Habs Dman playing right now and having him watching makes zero sense..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
The slump has gone from playing well and losing to sucking and losing. Not the right direction.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Not having Markov is taking its toll. At first the team managed without him but when you lose a talent like Markov it starts to show.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:01 PM
googlymoogly

Not having Moen cost us the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a bit.
He forgot to mention swapping Boucher for JM in the trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Isles weren;t lucky they were simply the better team. Compare their taking 9 of their last 10 points with the Habs' 1-6-0 record. The Habs were motoring along on adrenaline Epinephrine for the technical mnded) after the season-ending injury to Markov. We had our fingers crossed that they could keep it up but new their glands are depleted and they're just plain flat. PG must figure out a way to upgrade the Habs or they'll fall out of the playoff picture entirely.
Tank it, Philly did it for one year and got a top player for it.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
googlymoogly

I wonder if the Detroit, Toronto games with all those penalties wore out the old D on the team. This is where they really started to play bad right after they tried so hard to try to tie that Detroit game. They got shafted so bad in that one penalty wise and then looked tired against Toronto.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
I understand people like Cammalleri because of his playoff last year but let's be honest , he was on a hot streak and it won't happen again.This guy is a bad example attitude-wise and in lots of hockey aspect as a supposely important player of the team , and I wonder how much time it will take for people to see the fraud that he is as a 6 millions per year supposely cornerstone of the habs offense.Seriously **** this player get him out of here as soon as a team is stupid to take him. ( Sure Gomez would be 1st priority but attitude-wise nothing to say against him and nobody will ever take him on his team )

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Nedved

Kind of sucks, but what can you do without your #1 d-man. Every team would struggle when their #1 goes down when you're a 4-8 place team. I'll I can remember is how promising the Vancouver game made me feel about this team. Shortly after, we lose Markov and it can't help but break your heart because you can't compete without a #1 for long periods at a time. It's too much to ask of our players. Instead of letting Subban learn the game, they're stalling his development. It's dumb.

Also doesn't help that pk and pouliot are sitting out again, cause we won a game. How short-minded is that? Think long-term, give a little now to get more from your players later. Look at O'byrne, the guy keeps getting better cause he is learning from his mistakes instead of being punished. JM sucks.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
gusfring

We NEED to move on from Markov. He's injury prone and will never be the same. His salary and losing Hammers will clear up 11 mill and we need to convince Spacek to play over seas.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
We NEED to move on from Markov. He's injury prone and will never be the same. His salary and losing Hammers will clear up 11 mill and we need to convince Spacek to play over seas.
It's all fine and dandy to save on player X Y or Z's salary but it's not like we have better options waiting in the wings...and UFA's often end up getting overpaid(see Toronto's defense).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:15 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Sign both Kaberle & Markov.Do it this summer.Lots of ifs.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's all fine and dandy to save on player X Y or Z's salary but it's not like we have better options waiting in the wings...and UFA's often end up getting overpaid(see Toronto's defense).
We have to start developing our own guys PROPERLY and making better second tier free agent decisions.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

What irks me is that Martin's system is terribly boring to watch.
Winning and being boring? I'm okay with it.
Losing and being boring? Well I hope it's just a slump.
Looking like *this* and being boring? Damn it Jacques, this is an entertainment enterprise and you failed somewhere along the way.

Jacques is too experienced to let the slump get the better of him but if the Habs continue to flounder, Gauthier will definitely step in.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:21 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
God damnit.

Our forwards have no hands, and our defensemen have no legs.

This is depressing.
Forward with hands = Pouliot & Kostitsyn ( Eller , Pacioretty maybe ).Both unfairly treated by JM this year.The other rookies. ( Desharnais probably has better hands than 85% of the team )

Defenseman with legs = Subban in the pressbox , Gorges probably injured , Markov has only one leg left nowadays

couldnt agree more

Old
12-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Team isn't as good as people thought it was. But aren't as bad as they were tonight. Well, they are when they don't give 100% effort. And that's partly why they aren't a contender. Good teams can take it easy and still win during the regular season.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Forward with hands = Pouliot & Kostitsyn ( Eller ).Both unfairly treated by JM this year.The other rookie.

Defenseman with legs = Subban in the pressbox , Gorges probably injured , Markov has only one leg left nowadays

couldnt agree more
I realize you have an idiotic hate-on for Cammy but his "hands" are far better than Kostitsyn (who's basically Moen with a slightly better shot). Pleks too.

Old
12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
LesHabsRock

I wasn't able to see this game, but after reading the boards you'd think the Habs played horribly. Much like the Dallas game I look at the stats. And what do I see? I see the Habs outshoot the Isles 39-25. Similar to the Dallas game where they held Dallas to an incredible 17 shots on goal only to lose 4-1. IMO the defense is holding the opposition to very few (if not, incredibly low) shots against. This tells me that Price is actually playing below (way below) what he's capable of. Everyone's complaining about the D, but what more are they expected to do other than limit shots directed at the goalie? The offense seems to be shooting, but not finishing. Any thoughts?

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I realize you have an idiotic hate-on for Cammy but his "hands" are far better than Kostitsyn (who's basically Moen with a slightly better shot). Pleks too.
You can't be serious..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I wasn't able to see this game, but after reading the boards you'd think the Habs played horribly. Much like the Dallas game I look at the stats. And what do I see? I see the Habs outshoot the Isles 39-25. Similar to the Dallas game where they held Dallas to an incredible 17 shots on goal only to lose 4-1. IMO the defense is holding the opposition to very few (if not, incredibly low) shots against. This tells me that Price is actually playing below (way below) what he's capable of. Everyone's complaining about the D, but what more are they expected to do other than limit shots directed at the goalie? The offense seems to be shooting, but not finishing. Any thoughts?
I would say Price is in a bit of a rough patch but (not to say that you were implying this) you can't come anywhere near blaming him considering we can't score for ****.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 10:32 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Then watch the game you doofus. Price isn't stealing games but that doesn't excuse the defense for giving up so many breakaways and high-scoring space on the ice. The forwards aren't capable of setting up a play in the o-zone and can only score when the other team over-exerts their forecheck.

It's a philosophical problem with this team because they're midway between getting the right players for this system and the right system for it's players. It's basically the same as the Carbo era, square pegs round holes.

Oh and Hamrlik and Spacek suck so sosososososo much

Old
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
googlymoogly

I switched my avatar God isn't helping us lately so I went with the Devil

I can't switch it won't let me go with the devil

Old
12-26-2010, 10:36 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You can't be serious..
It's an exaggeration but Kostitsyn can't get a shot off because he just runs into d-men's sticks on the forecheck. He's big and strong but is rarely the guy that pummels you into the boards. He floats a bunch of shifts because he isn't smart enough to position himself on the breakouts.

I'm pretty much describing Moen, aren't I?