HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson Appreciation Thread

Old
12-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Asquaredx2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Yeah and I got laughed at for suggesting Karlsson will probably be a better player than Enstrom some time down the road. If there's one player I've hyped the crap out of since day 1 it's Karlsson, I'm feeling pretty good about it right now, and I think there's still so much more for him to gain.

He may have the most raw skill among blue liners in the NHL, I don't think there's anyone that dazzles like Karlsson off the back end.
Eh, there are a lot of guys out there with great puck-skills, like Subban, Corvo, etc. Or Sami Vatanen, who I guess isn't an NHLer yet. I think Karlsson's unbelievable offensive acumen is more responsible for his success than his skill is.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Eh, there are a lot of guys out there with great puck-skills, like Subban, Corvo, etc. Or Sami Vatanen, who I guess isn't an NHLer yet. I think Karlsson's unbelievable offensive acumen is more responsible for his success than his skill is.
Subban and Corvo don't have that kind of skill. Vatanen might, but his skating wasn't good enough to allude junior Canadian forecheck the other night.

He's 175 pounds and he blasts as hard as anyone. His skill set is very complete and he's got an intriguing ability to skate faster with the puck then without.

The fact he's got brains and poise on top is incredible, but I really don't think anyones got more skill either.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Subban and Corvo don't have that kind of skill. Vatanen might, but his skating wasn't good enough to allude junior Canadian forecheck the other night.

He's 175 pounds and he blasts as hard as anyone. His skill set is very complete and he's got an intriguing ability to skate faster with the puck then without.

The fact he's got brains and poise on top is incredible, but I really don't think anyones got more skill either.
Vatanen's skating is impeccable.

And I missed all three of Karlsson's points tonight. Can't wait for highlights.
Interesting that he's essentially on our first penalty kill pairing as well.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post

Led the defence in PK ice-time tonight.

I hope he gets the All-Star nod. He deserves it more than anyone else on the team, but I guess there are more spots available for forwards than for defencemen.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post

Not impeccable enough to make up for his size disadvantage the other night against Canada. He's still at least a couple years away from prime time...but I do agree though if there's a pure skilled Dman out there that can rival Karlsson it might be Vatanen...but I'm sure anyone in the NHL can, he's quite the little marvel, and everything is going to get a bit better as he grows a little over the next couple years.

The goals were nice but his overall game was pretty flawless. One turnover that I saw and it was a harmless one.

Old
12-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
Being a Leafs fan I tend to hate on Sens players but it's difficult to disregard this guy's talent. Lucky you guys.
You started a thread on a rival board celebrating a rival player? This is just creepy.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:31 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Sooo... Karlsson officially leads the team in points now.

Not sure its thats a good thing or a bad thing.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:48 PM
testinz

If he keeps current pace, he will lead in both points and time on ice :S

testinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:32 AM
2Cowen

The crazy thing about Karlsson is hes only 175 and he already has a rocket of a shot. This kid is special. It seems like he can take control of a game whenever he wants and he's relatively young. For all the Murray bashers out there you have to give the man a nod of approval for drafting this kid.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:45 AM
M4TR1X
HFB Partner

Karlsson is so amazing that we should just strip Alfie of the "C" and give it to Karlsson.

Seriously though, like others I am very impressed what this kid brings and I so looking forward to see what hes going to develop into.

I think my next Sens jersey is going to be a Karlsson one.

M4TR1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:48 AM
MatthewT

He should be the sens representative for the All-Star game.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:07 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
For all the Murray bashers out there you have to give the man a nod of approval for drafting this kid.
Murray definitely gets the nod for pulling off the deal to be in the position to draft him when he did, knowing a team ahead of them was intent on picking him. Hedberg probably had more to do with Karlsson the player.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Jackie Treehorn

We've sucked pretty hard this season, but EK is a real bright spot. He's fun to watch.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:21 AM
trentmccleary

Now has a 68-13-35-48 line since Jan. 19th.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:29 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
I would not put corvo in the same area in terms of skill pk is but lacks hockey sense.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by umma gumma View Post
Murray definitely gets the nod for pulling off the deal to be in the position to draft him when he did, knowing a team ahead of them was intent on picking him. Hedberg probably had more to do with Karlsson the player.
When you hire a GM you hire his connections. He hired Forsberg and trusted him with that pick enough to make a deal to get him. It was a credit to both of them but GMs take more credit, if Karlsson failed, it would have been on Murray.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Jared Cowen 2010

He's three points away from tying his point total from last season...also, how was he not an NHL three star yesterday? Lecavalier was number one and he had two goals (game winner) but Karlsson had two goals as well (also game winner) and an assist...and he's a defenceman.

Jared Cowen 2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Cowen 2010 View Post
He's three points away from tying his point total from last season...also, how was he not an NHL three star yesterday? Lecavalier was number one and he had two goals (game winner) but Karlsson had two goals as well (also game winner) and an assist...and he's a defenceman.
He's one of the league's best kept secrets right now. That's going to change pretty quick IMO. Every team that collides is probably going to try and slow him down like Pittsburgh did (or tried to).

Old
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Led the defence in PK ice-time tonight.

I hope he gets the All-Star nod. He deserves it more than anyone else on the team, but I guess there are more spots available for forwards than for defencemen.
He'll be on it when its in Ottawa.

GK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoncharKarlsson View Post
He'll be on it when its in Ottawa.
They gotta put him in the hardest shot comp.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:20 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
They gotta put him in the hardest shot comp.
I remember hearing that his slapper his 100 mph, that will be faster by next year.. I hope.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Its good to have Karlsson and Gonchar, because when Runblad is hopefully on this team next year, he should learn lots from those very offensive d-men

Old
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoncharKarlsson View Post
I remember hearing that his slapper his 100 mph, that will be faster by next year.. I hope.
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it just by watching it...he certainly wouldn't embarrass himself. There isn't a player in the league as small as him that can blast like him. I can just see Shea Weber's face...

Old
12-27-2010, 10:24 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it just by watching it...he certainly wouldn't embarrass himself. There isn't a player in the league as small as him that can blast like him. I can just see Shea Weber's face...
aha, 2014, Karlsson will put a puck through the mesh in Russia at the Olympics, and everyone will know he is better then Shea Webber.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:08 AM
koreaboy

the kid has the guts of a burglar. supremely confident with the puck. time and time again he tries to make plays in spots where most players would just dump it or get rid of it. when it works he looks like a genius but at his young age, there are going to be times when that hurts us. for the time being we'll have to live with it but its kind of scary to think of this kid when he's 25/26 and he's learned to pick his spots better.

he still scares me defensively, but clouston keeps trotting him out there against top lines and hopefully he learns. he's not too hard to step around even with his speed. his shot really is amazing for such a small guy. great passer. i've rarely seen a guy pass it as crisply as he does.

we really have to hope he doesnt get crushed by some huge forward and suffer a career-hampering injury. the kid looks like he's going to be special and he already might very well be our best player.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote