HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC: Kreider & Bourque vs. Finland - Final Score: USA 3, Finland 2 OT

Old
12-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think Bourque played great.
Definitely!

And despite his short stature, he is very strong on his feet.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Kreider had perfect positioning tonight, just could never find that rebound in front of the net, or find the loose puck.

Yup, last year he was not in the right spot. He would just get by with his speed. This year, at least for one game, he seemed like a more complete player: better positionally, better seeing the ice, better playmaking skills.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:05 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Well, glad Kreider got a point... Also a nice pass to spring that good scoring opportunity in the 2nd... Other than that, there wasn't much to note about his game.... Felt like team USA was really spreading out the playing time and rolling 4 lines, so he wasn't out there that much at ES... Tonight's game was pretty choppy in terms of the game play, USA couldn't get much of a transition game going through the neutral zone..... Looking forward to the upcoming games that should play out a bit differently....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Well, glad Kreider got a point... Also a nice pass to spring that good scoring opportunity in the 2nd... Other than that, there wasn't much to note about his game.... Felt like team USA was really spreading out the playing time and rolling 4 lines, so he wasn't out there that much at ES... Tonight's game was pretty choppy in terms of the game play, USA couldn't get much of a transition game going through the neutral zone..... Looking forward to the upcoming games that should play out a bit differently....
he set up another scoring chance for Coyle with a pass from behind the net right to him. he also set up Palmieri for another break with a cross ice pass on a 3 on 2 rush.

Palmieri hit the post on that one I believe, and then Krieder followed it up and was robbed...if im remembering the sequence right.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:40 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
he set up another scoring chance for Coyle with a pass from behind the net right to him. he also set up Palmieri for another break with a cross ice pass on a 3 on 2 rush.

Palmieri hit the post on that one I believe, and then Krieder followed it up and was robbed...if im remembering the sequence right.
I may have missed about 10 minutes of the third due to an intermittent nap... Was lying in bed watching the game

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:53 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We passed on Kitsyn for Max Campbell.

We could've had Fasth AND Kitsyn. That's my only qualm with this draft.
We could have picked Kitsyn in the 5th round instead of Wilson. No brainer, IMO. I don't mind Yogan, but I would have gone with Pulkky in the 4th instead. Boom or bust pick, but we have a lot of depth.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:23 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
We could have picked Kitsyn in the 5th round instead of Wilson. No brainer, IMO. I don't mind Yogan, but I would have gone with Pulkky in the 4th instead. Boom or bust pick, but we have a lot of depth.
That's who I mean..not Max Campbell. I think we've gone through this already.

However, I think if we pick Kitsyn first we don't get Fasth- forget which team picked him, but i have a feeling they'd pick Fasth in the spot instead.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I may have missed about 10 minutes of the third due to an intermittent nap... Was lying in bed watching the game

Me too dude, and I was half-dreaming after the Fins tied it. For whatever reason I thought USA won in regulation 4-2 when I woke up.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Meh, Yogan is a bit boom or bust, but safer. He can really become a very good, very big 2nd line center. He is very, very skilled, man. I think you're selling him a bit short.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Meh, Yogan is a bit boom or bust, but safer. He can really become a very good, very big 2nd line center. He is very, very skilled, man. I think you're selling him a bit short.
People tend to forget that Yogan was being considered for the first round and was considered a lock for the 2nd before his injury.

He has some really sick hands and his shot is GREAT. He threads the needle on some of the passes he makes too. The only problem I've seen with him is his decision making at times. His shot is so sick and he opts to make the pass a little too often.

I've been hearing some complaints about his skating and to be honest I can't really remember much about it looked outside of myself saying he's pretty fast.

There is no doubt he is working his ass off now and keeping in shape, I'm hoping he comes back strong.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:17 PM
msv957

Kreider should be the dominant player for team USA. He probably is the most talented player on the roster.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Kreider should be the dominant player for team USA. He probably is the most talented player on the roster.
EH....I don't know about that buddy....

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
EH....I don't know about that buddy....
You could have at least said, "Well I think so-and-so is better actually."

What is the point of saying you disagree without making a case for another player?

Old
12-27-2010, 07:44 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
You could have at least said, "Well I think so-and-so is better actually."

What is the point of saying you disagree without making a case for another player?
Do I really need to make a list when we are talking about the top 23 US players under 20?

But if I must...Jeremy Morin and Kyle Palmieri are probably better than Kreider right now.

Old
12-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Do I really need to make a list when we are talking about the top 23 US players under 20?

But if I must...Jeremy Morin and Kyle Palmieri are probably better than Kreider right now.
Did you watch last night's game?

Palmieri couldn't finish on ANY of the chances Kreider packaged for him beautifully, and Morin is a nothingmaster.

Old
12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:

lolwut.

Morin has a good shot. That's about it. Jonathan. nailed it on him.

And Palmieri has no finish whatsoever.

12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Uh, definitely not.

Morin is a one dimensional goalscorer and Palmieri is a dolt who I would never want on my team. No hockey sense.

Old
12-27-2010, 08:16 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Uh, definitely not.

Morin is a one dimensional goalscorer and Palmieri is a dolt who I would never want on my team. No hockey sense.
I was at the game last night...

But sorry...I forgot...no one is better than Chris Kreider.

Just trying to look at a prospect objectively guys...maybe offering up the argument that he isn't the best player on the team just because he is a Rangers prospect...

Old
12-27-2010, 08:19 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Just trying to look at a prospect objectively guys...maybe offering up the argument that he isn't the best player on the team just because he is a Rangers prospect...
Some players are certainly better than Kreider, and that includes players on the US team. Just not Morin or Palmieri.

Old
12-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you about Kreider, but the two examples you gave weren't good ones.