HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs snowed under by Isles

Old
12-26-2010, 11:36 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Then watch the game you doofus
Apparently your reading and comprehension skills are lacking, "doofus". I just said I didn't see the game. Hence my querying for suggestions as to what happened from fans who did watch the game. Read some books and drink more milk.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
It's an exaggeration but Kostitsyn can't get a shot off because he just runs into d-men's sticks on the forecheck. He's big and strong but is rarely the guy that pummels you into the boards. He floats a bunch of shifts because he isn't smart enough to position himself on the breakouts.

I'm pretty much describing Moen, aren't I?
Rarely? Name me two guys that does it more than AK.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Wow, 3136 in attendance.
Funny to see that said next to an Expos avatar.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:18 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Funny to see that said next to an Expos avatar.
If the Islanders keep it up they'll join the Expos in becoming extinct.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:31 AM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If the Islanders keep it up they'll join the Expos in becoming extinct.
To be fair, there was a blizzard going on outside with Nassau County declaring a snow emergency and asking people to stay off the roads unless it was an emergency. The Isles also comped anybody who couldn't make it that night with tickets to a future Isles game, which is why there were so many Habs fans - everybody else decided to just save their bullets for another night when there wasn't two feet of snow on the ground.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:26 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
To be fair, there was a blizzard going on outside with Nassau County declaring a snow emergency and asking people to stay off the roads unless it was an emergency. The Isles also comped anybody who couldn't make it that night with tickets to a future Isles game, which is why there were so many Habs fans - everybody else decided to just save their bullets for another night when there wasn't two feet of snow on the ground.
Yes I know that but they have done poorly and it's because of their owner seems to not care about having a winning team. Milbury didn't help, he put them back worse than the damage Houle made.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

It was a bad loss, but I kinda saw it coming based on the habs play on this trip.

I expect that the habs will come out with a big effort after this debacle, but its too bad that the habs are coming up against the caps who seem to be righting the ship recently.

The 3rd pairing has been costing alot of goals recently whether it be Subban/Picard or Weber/Picard. Hamrlik has really tailed off as well.

If there was any doubt whether the priority for PG should be on the blueline or up front, I hope its become crystal clear that the D needs some major tuning. Ryan O'Byrne wouldn't look too bad right now. Its amazing how quikly things can change. When OB was traded, things looked quite rosy on D, but the depth quickly evaporated with Markov going down. Now hammer is overplayed, and the bottom pairing guys like picard/weber/subban are plagued with inconsistencies.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:55 AM
majormet

Islander fan here in peace. Visibility was horrible on the road, there was no way for most of us to make the game with the road conditions.

We were a decent team for most of last year, and were not that many points out of the playoffs, then we lost Okposo and Streit before the season started, our 2 best players.

When we went on the bender of winning one game out of 21 games, we were without most of our NHL dmen and the organization was inflicting the league's worst goalie on the coaches in Rick Dipietro.

What you saw tonight was what made us competitive last year and that is.. Dwayne Roloson in a groove. You also saw our defense (outside of Streit) at solid health and we have 2 young players back there that are going to be studs in this league for a long time in Andrew MacDonald and Travis Hamonic.

I will say that Plekanec and Gorges play hard and consistent all game, and Picard is awful, awful, awful, worse than Hillen (#38 on the Isles), which say a lot. When you beat us the first 2 games that Subban kid killed us, I don't get why he is in the stands.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:05 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Was asleep, did we get destroyed? Looking at the box score it seems we took a lot of penalties.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
God damnit.

Our forwards have no hands, and our defensemen have no legs.

This is depressing.
This is the story of this line-up.

BTW, I need the feed of L'Antichambre. That seemed pretty hilarous.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I understand people like Cammalleri because of his playoff last year but let's be honest , he was on a hot streak and it won't happen again.This guy is a bad example attitude-wise and in lots of hockey aspect as a supposely important player of the team , and I wonder how much time it will take for people to see the fraud that he is as a 6 millions per year supposely cornerstone of the habs offense.Seriously **** this player get him out of here as soon as a team is stupid to take him. ( Sure Gomez would be 1st priority but attitude-wise nothing to say against him and nobody will ever take him on his team )
Cammy has been weird from day one when he attacked Nino. He's not been the same this year and I wonder if it has anything to do with him not being named captain?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:22 AM
dutchy29

The tide has turned on HF boards. Its so hard to make judgement when the team is doing well, and I guess overall we are still doing well. The last couple times Markov has gone down we were sent in a complete tail spin, this season we have managed without him at times and won games, I think that is a drastic improvement to past years. My complaint and its the same as many on these boards, Martin mis-handles young talent and their is not enough consistency between the line up from night to night and also between lines. I say play your best and let em play, we are not a top 3 contender in the east because we can't score but what we do need is for our young guys to prove what they can do at this level, now. PK is good enough to be playing full time as is Eller. Also wouldn't mind Price getting a bit more of a rest every now and then, especially at home where the pressure is so high.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:39 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
If the Canadiens and the people in the updesk are serious about this year, and want their team to have success, they need to completely remodel their defence. That D have been built for year around Andrei Markov, to work according to him. He's not there anymore, and our D is clueless, and uneffective: our best defender has zero confidence, and the coach doesn't have much confidence in him neither. Our most reliable defenceman, in Gorges, is injured and I don't need to elebarote on Alexandre Picard. That guy is certainly not a NHL defenceman.

As for Yannick Weber, it seems he's not ready for full-time duty yet which is just fine. I do not expect more from him for now.

I know how the Habs can build a fresh new defensive, with new faces. But this rebuild, although could be quickly, is a bit reckless hence why the Habs must be really serious about this year. But if they are, here's my strategy:

Jaroslav Spacek or Roman Hamrlik to any time, to any price. Spacek contract isnt absymal by today's standard, and Hamrlik is a pending UFA. We can find a home for them somewhere, I'm sure of it. As to who I'd prefer trade, obviously Spacke, but because of the salary cap, it's preferable to deal Roman away. Thanks for all the good years Hamrlik, but you're making too much money.

Lure Brian Burke into trading us Kaberle. I think Burke is about to break from the pessure he's getting. He would obviously ask for Pacioretty, but I wouldn't go there and set for Benoit Pouliot, Alexandre Picard and a 2nd round pick in 2011 for Tomas Kaberle and Colby Armstrong.

Trade Yannick Weber and Travis Moen to Florida for Bryan McCabe and low pick

Lay that lineup for the playoff, it would pay off. Just imagine it for a second. Re-uniting McCabe and Kaberle would be huge.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Armstrong - Eller - Lapierre
Darche - Halpern - Boyd

McCabe - Kaberle
Gorges - Suban
Spacek - Gill

Carey Price

Extras: Auld, Carle, Pyatt
I don't know about that. Lets team up a pair of over priced D'men from consistently losing teams?

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:13 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
This thread is unbearable. Picard this, Picard that... Seriously, true that Picard wasn't good, but he was much better than Hamrlik/Spacek/Gorges tonight.

Why do we criticize the 7th defenseman instead of the vets?? Only on HFBoards.

Gill was our best defenseman tonight, and that's bad news.
Gill-Gorges
Hamrlik-Spacek
Subban-Weber

Or whatever you want, that's just my experimental D. However, Picard should have been sitting on the bench, unless you dress him as a forward, which disables some of our coaching's staff PK magic.

On a side note, the Islanders must have felt some sense of revenge, with the Québec city people pulling that stunt and all.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:47 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal4Life View Post
Effin Marinaro.....

I prefer Eller to play at this level than below. I wish they would keep more talented players more constantly though.
I like Eller and all, and definately don't thin he needs to be moved back to the minors. But as threatening as his line often looks they have no finish.

Put Pouls and Darche back with Halpern, thats where our secondary scoring was coming from when Gomez and his constantly changing wingers couldn't buy a goal for love or money.

It'll make Eller loook worse for the short term but woill be better for the team overall.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:50 AM
suprez

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Islander fan here in peace. Visibility was horrible on the road, there was no way for most of us to make the game with the road conditions.

We were a decent team for most of last year, and were not that many points out of the playoffs, then we lost Okposo and Streit before the season started, our 2 best players.

When we went on the bender of winning one game out of 21 games, we were without most of our NHL dmen and the organization was inflicting the league's worst goalie on the coaches in Rick Dipietro.

What you saw tonight was what made us competitive last year and that is.. Dwayne Roloson in a groove. You also saw our defense (outside of Streit) at solid health and we have 2 young players back there that are going to be studs in this league for a long time in Andrew MacDonald and Travis Hamonic.

I will say that Plekanec and Gorges play hard and consistent all game, and Picard is awful, awful, awful, worse than Hillen (#38 on the Isles), which say a lot. When you beat us the first 2 games that Subban kid killed us, I don't get why he is in the stands.
You're talking like you *belong* to the Islander and that we *belong* to the habs .

It's funny actually lol .

We beat you
You defeated us
Subban Killed Us
You guy suck
Markhov can't beat US
Price need to play better against US

Against who?The Islander or you?
It's seem to be a trend with fans.

It's not just sport anyway .. It's so stupid..

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:55 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
Gorges = hurt
Spacek = playing like a drunken dingo
Picard = playing like the AHL'er he is
Hammer = doing ok, but getting worn out
Weber = was decent, needs more TOI and a better partner
Gill = Is what he is... solid if the play is in our zone, horribly slow when facing a rush.

So we have a #2/#3 type being overworked, two #5/6 types playing #2 and #3 minutes, a rookie playing decent, a veteran playing awful because of injury and a journeyman costing us games.

Bring back Subban. Sit Gorges until he's healthy. Sit Picard until he's dead of old age. Play another young kid/or trade for a #1/#2 vet type already. I think Kaberle makes more sense for us then Regehr. What would be really awesome of course would be getting both.
before you hab fans start squacking with me ....read me lips

WE ARENT THAT GOOD

I have said it for years ....dont look at last years " Fernando Pisano playoff"

we are a a middle of the pack team

we have an old slow defence and our saviour PK is not playing up to par ...so lets wait and see what he will be ...enough with the promise crap.... you do it on the ice
and right now his head is not in the game

we have no front liners ... I repeat no front liners ....sorry to burst your bubble
folks ....no one is legit front forward or a top center we need

we have a potential great goalie in Price but our D is average at best

our best player is coming off 4 major surgeries and keeping him long term on a big ticket is stupid beyond belief and will never be the player he was ...never

its time for PG to not be stupid .....Kosty .....Markov....Gill....Hammer....should not be back us ...we need to move forward

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:53 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
You're talking like you *belong* to the Islander and that we *belong* to the habs .

It's funny actually lol .

We beat you
You defeated us
Subban Killed Us
You guy suck
Markhov can't beat US
Price need to play better against US

Against who?The Islander or you?
It's seem to be a trend with fans.

It's not just sport anyway .. It's so stupid..
That is the nature of team sports in North America, teams belong to areas, this is not a trend, it is a fact of athletics. If you are a fan of a team they become part of your blood, I have been a fan of the Isles since inception. A big distinction about attributing personal ownership of a team as a fan relates to when you become a fan of the team. I started rooting for the Isles when I was 6, if I started when I was 22 I would probably detach myself from the team in speech, and say "Isles Beat Habs" not "we beat you".

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
neofury*

I jinxed this game

I was watching the game it was 1-0 and I said "It'll be a miracle if Price comes out of this game without another goal against" not even kidding you about 1 second later maybe not even turnover leads to basically a 2 on none and they score LOL.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
neofury*

I have a feeling Gill Hammer and Picard won't be back unless Gill/Picard take a #7. Then buy out Spacek cause honestly a 2 million dollar defenseman could do better job than he can. At the end of the day you're paying 4 million for that 2 million dollar D but he's still better than Spacek. Win/Win.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:12 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
before you hab fans start squacking with me ....read me lips

WE ARENT THAT GOOD

I have said it for years ....dont look at last years " Fernando Pisano playoff"

we are a a middle of the pack team

we have an old slow defence and our saviour PK is not playing up to par ...so lets wait and see what he will be ...enough with the promise crap.... you do it on the ice
and right now his head is not in the game

we have no front liners ... I repeat no front liners ....sorry to burst your bubble
folks ....no one is legit front forward or a top center we need

we have a potential great goalie in Price but our D is average at best

our best player is coming off 4 major surgeries and keeping him long term on a big ticket is stupid beyond belief and will never be the player he was ...never

its time for PG to not be stupid .....Kosty .....Markov....Gill....Hammer....should not be back us ...we need to move forward
Dude, don't bother...I've been saying this for such a long time and was called a hater and debbie downer.

90% of our fanbase is delusional. Last year's playoff run was a fluke. We are more like the team that scrapped for a playoff spot.

"But but but we have chemistry this year and we won't have any injuries"

We're not good. And that's fine, what bothers me are the idiots who thought we were any better than last year.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:22 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Cammy has been weird from day one when he attacked Nino. He's not been the same this year and I wonder if it has anything to do with him not being named captain?
Cammalleri would have been a craptain.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:44 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

We are 1 injury away from disaster

This team is being held together right now by two key players, Gorges and Plekanec, After that its an average team TBH, if Plekanec gets injured during the season, and Gorges cannot recover from his own, I honestly think this team will fall fast to lottery standing.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:03 AM
JayBee*

Habs are average with both of them on the roster.

We'd be in trouble if any of the following went down:

Gomez
Gio
Cam
AKost
Pleks
Gorges
Hamr

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
This team is being held together right now by two key players, Gorges and Plekanec, After that its an average team TBH, if Plekanec gets injured during the season, and Gorges cannot recover from his own, I honestly think this team will fall fast to lottery standing.
You could say that about most any team in NHL. Every team if they had already lost a player of Markov's caliber.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote