HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Old
12-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Handyy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
Watching the Jackets on FSN is becoming downright unbearable. Rimer and Davidge are edging closer and closer to passing Jack Edwards (Bruins on NESN) as the worst homer announcers in the league. It's just sickening some of the crap these guys are spewing game in and game out.
I really can't watch anymore. Each game, the whining elevates into a new level and that is all they do! I have ESPN360 (for European users) and they always have FSOhio feed for the Jackets games, home or away. Probably cheaper than the other feed with quality? Not that it means anything to anyone that I stop watching, but it's still pretty sad that they let things go this bad.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
I really can't watch anymore. Each game, the whining elevates into a new level and that is all they do! I have ESPN360 (for European users) and they always have FSOhio feed for the Jackets games, home or away. Probably cheaper than the other feed with quality? Not that it means anything to anyone that I stop watching, but it's still pretty sad that they let things go this bad.
It's been terrible. I'm going to start going to the bar to watch, that way I can't hear the announcers.

You're right, no one from ESPN or FSN gives a damn if you stop watching, but there are people here who do. I, for one, enjoy your input and point of view. Losing that would be a detriment to the board.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Handyy

Does anyone by the way know any e-mail addresses to the announcers? I'd like to voice my opinion directly to them, but I'm not going to bother writing to the generic FSOhio e-mail.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Does anyone by the way know any e-mail addresses to the announcers? I'd like to voice my opinion directly to them, but I'm not going to bother writing to the generic FSOhio e-mail.
Ray Crawford is on twitter @RayCrawford and so is Eric Smith (FSOhio CBJ blogger) @EricSmith_FSO.

Rimer writes a game-day blog for the CBJ website, and while they don't list an e-mail address to contact him, they do list his twitter @jrimercbj.

Also, JacketFan and Rimer are BFFs, he could probably help you out with contacting him.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
61ncville

Off topic, the last game i attended was against dallas at home. Not saturday but the last time they were in town when we won. I was sittin above ray crawfords desk and during the third period I couldnt help but notice the guy wasnt even paying attention to the game. Kinda like he didnt give a you know what.

Kind of a pipe dream but if your gonna comment on the game how bout watch the game. Annoying

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
am I the only one getting a lot of bad stuttering video and audio tonight?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
jktsfan*

Seems like it was only on the HD feed. The SD feed was fine. About mid-way through the 1st period they fixed the HD feed.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Good to know it wasn't my DVR that was the problem. I had bad stuttering in the first, weird choppy, but not stuttering in the second and fine video in the third.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. There have been a few games this year when it was VERY bad like tonight.

Another regional Emmy is probably still in the works, eh?

Old
12-27-2010, 05:37 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
am I the only one getting a lot of bad stuttering video and audio tonight?
Feed was fine here (2000 miles away).
Have you tried new tin foil?

btw... Need to change your 'details'. Team Boomer is dead.
I posted a deflating boomer mascot which Sam thought looked like a verboten deflated penis. So the "Mascot that looks like a grey penis in a wheelchair" -era is officially over. Get with the program.

Last edited by JACKETfan: 12-27-2010 at 05:48 AM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I don't normally complain about FSN, but for those that didn't see it on TV or read it in the GDT, this was an exchange between Rimer and Davidge last night after Bill reminded fans that tonight's game would air at 7:30 because it's on Versus:

Davidge: "So you get another night off tomorrow night".
Rimer: "I'd rather work!"
Davidge: "I wouldn't." (quickly changes subject).

Now you can tell when someone's joking around about taking a night off or joking around in general. Bill wasn't.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 12-27-2010 at 09:23 AM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:24 AM
blahblah

What's wrong with wanting the night off? I like my job about as well as I can like a job and I still love the days off....

I hope he decides to take the next 30 years off.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:38 AM
BluejacketNut

I liked how shocked Davidge was on the penalty shot given last night. I mean, I know you dont want to give it to them, but after Rusty got undressed, then tripped him up, it was as obvious of a call there is. There's homerism, blind homerism, and just plain stupidity... Davidge is purely the latter

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:44 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
I liked how shocked Davidge was on the penalty shot given last night. I mean, I know you dont want to give it to them, but after Rusty got undressed, then tripped him up, it was as obvious of a call there is. There's homerism, blind homerism, and just plain stupidity... Davidge is purely the latter
If that was a penalty shot, I'm Brad Pitt.

Billy D. is annoying the hell out of me, but I got his back on that one.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:40 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
If that was a penalty shot, I'm Brad Pitt.

Billy D. is annoying the hell out of me, but I got his back on that one.
Well, in the context of when youre laying on the ice with your jockstrap off, and the only way to recover was to trip them (I clearly thought he had a couple steps on him), then its going to be an obvious penalty shot....i think that play gets a penalty shot 9 out of 10 times

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Well, in the context of when youre laying on the ice with your jockstrap off, and the only way to recover was to trip them (I clearly thought he had a couple steps on him), then its going to be an obvious penalty shot....i think that play gets a penalty shot 9 out of 10 times
No it wouldn't and no he didn't.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
brian29

I'm in the Cleveland area with Time Warner, and of course whenever the Cavs play, CBJ is pushed to an alternate channel. Has anyone else noticed that whenever the alternate is used, which is almost always, that the HD feed is left blank? I called Time Warner about it, they told me that FSO wasn't giving them the feed. Of course when I contacted FSO they told me they were giving them the feed and TW wasn't using it. Not sure what to do, as if the games weren't hard enough to watch lately anyways...

brian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:53 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian29 View Post
I'm in the Cleveland area with Time Warner, and of course whenever the Cavs play, CBJ is pushed to an alternate channel. Has anyone else noticed that whenever the alternate is used, which is almost always, that the HD feed is left blank? I called Time Warner about it, they told me that FSO wasn't giving them the feed. Of course when I contacted FSO they told me they were giving them the feed and TW wasn't using it. Not sure what to do, as if the games weren't hard enough to watch lately anyways...
In that case I'd expect TW is dropping the ball.

Old
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
In that case I'd expect TW is dropping the ball.
That never happens. Best company ever.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
brian29

Yeah, I pretty much assumed the problem is TW, considering they have pretty much the worst service on the planet. Can't remember the last time I've gone a day without some kind of issue.

brian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No it wouldn't and no he didn't.
Rusty was down on the ice and behind the play, swiped at the puck and missed, then made contact with the guy's legs and tripped him. Why would that not draw a penalty shot? Did you see something different?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian29 View Post
Yeah, I pretty much assumed the problem is TW, considering they have pretty much the worst service on the planet. Can't remember the last time I've gone a day without some kind of issue.
TW doesn't touch my video feed in any way shape or form and I had the problem. I have DirecTv so I think the problem came from the source (FSN)

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

I didn't think it was Time Warner because the sputtering video and audio wasn't found on any of the channels I would flip to during commercials of the game.

We'll see tonight if it happens on VERSUS.

Old
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Skraut

Can not tell you how this makes me feel... So long hope of reliably seeing CBJ games in Cleveland. So long hope of having new announcers...

https://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd/stat...48610120450048
Quote:
@smitchcd Shawn Mitchell
New #CBJ TV deal with FSO to extend "well towards the end of the decade," team VP Larry Hoepfner said.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

We need a "Fire Rimer" thread to be honest. We want everyone else fired, why not him? And move Davidge back to radio. And get rid of Seabiscuit too.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote