HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nail Yakupov - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Epoch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
everyone back off. The first year with a pick, hes coming to Toronto!

plus we can start a muslim line

???? - Kadri - Yakupov
We`ll overachieve that year.

Old
12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatarBashqort View Post
mostly every Tatar drink alcohol

our Islam isn't like Arabian no wrapped women and such thing it's called djadidizm(don't know how it's spelled in English something like that) - or liberal islam.of course highly religious people don't drink at all but they are minority, we love to celebrate, drink(a bit) dance, sing it's all forbidden in countries like UAE or Saudi Arabia, so we don't want it that way, also there is no such word as Jihhad in Tatar's Islam
I've always been confused as to what the meaning of liberal Islam is. There is only a practicing Muslim, or a non-practicing Muslim. I think a lot of people have been using words like moderate, liberal next to Islam in justifying all the things that Islam, as a religion, forbids.

But I'm intrigued that there is Islamic influence in parts of Russia. I wasn't aware of that.

I was also sort of amazed in analyzing Nikolai Khabibullin's last name. If Bullin is used to suggest "of Allah". Then Khabib, I'm sure is taken from the Arabic word "Habib" which means "loved one".

Hmm...

Anyway, back to Yakupov? Do people think he's the consensus 1st selection for 2012? If so, how does he project in the NHL? A flashy, scoring winger? Is Patrick Kane a good comparison?

12-27-2010, 02:29 PM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
I've always been confused as to what the meaning of liberal Islam is. There is only a practicing Muslim, or a non-practicing Muslim. I think a lot of people have been using words like moderate, liberal next to Islam in justifying all the things that Islam, as a religion, forbids.

But I'm intrigued that there is Islamic influence in parts of Russia. I wasn't aware of that.

I was also sort of amazed in analyzing Nikolai Khabibullin's last name. If Bullin is used to suggest "of Allah". Then Khabib, I'm sure is taken from the Arabic word "Habib" which means "loved one".

Hmm...

Anyway, back to Yakupov? Do people think he's the consensus 1st selection for 2012? If so, how does he project in the NHL? A flashy, scoring winger? Is Patrick Kane a good comparison?

i hope i won't get banned for too much off-topic thou i guess maybe it's interesting for you to know a bit about Yakupov's native culture.

yeah, it's a bit different here (Tatarstan/Bashkortostan) for centuries we had Islam as the main religion and it had been modificated due to national mentality, we never had sharia law here, because our society is based more on the cultural basis (not like Arabian countries where Islam is the foundation of everything)
in 19th century it was given the name - "djadidizm"(جديدية‎‎ in Arabic, Jəditšelek in Tatar) modern Islam in other words.Sometimes it's called EuroIslam in media.

it's not just islamic influence here.it's islamic regions and it's became part of Russia only in 16th century.we (tatars/bashkorts) call our home Idel-▄ral (Volga-Urals in English and Russian) - it's not only Bashkortostan/Tatarstan but also Sverdlovsk Region, Chelyabinsk Region, Samara region, the towns in this"russian now" regions had their names changed for example: Samara was originaly Tatar town Xamar(and the name of the River too).we call it our home because these "Russians" regions was our native lands back to 15-16th century, but Russian/Soviet administration split of regions left us with only Tat-tan and Bash-tan now adays.Thou there are a lot of Tatars/Bashkirs live in this regions(like Chelyabinsk) Khabibulin is from Sverdlovsk so no suprise he's having Tatar surname. in Soviet Era our culture was under the pressure from Soviet propaganda, they forced us to change our alphabet from Latin to Cyrillic, many mosques were destroyed, it was forbidden to teach Tatar-Bashkort children its native language and so on.After the collapse it's changed, now we're having freedom in such things as education, culture, religion, walking on Ufa street you can often here Tatar-Bashkort speech instead of Russian it was nothing like there back in Soviet times.

about Khabib you're absolutely right, it's "loved by Allah"
our Surnames and Names are either have Turkic or Arabian origin less Persian.My surname is Ramazan(ov) for example it's Tatar name for Muslim Holy Month "Ramadan"

i suggest you visit Ufa in 2013 we'll be holding 2013 IIHF WJC, you can look at "the other" Russia yourself Rəxim Iteğez ("Your Welcome")

Last edited by TatarBashqort: 12-27-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Very very interesting.

Yes! I'm familiar with areas around Russia, a place called Samarkand, which was one of the knowledge centers for Islam back in the olden days. Lots of very prominent Islamic scholars originated from Samarkand.

Very interesting history. Thanks for sharing!

Old
12-28-2010, 05:43 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
I actually have never met a Tatar that pratices it actively. I went to highschool with a few Tatars and became good friends with one of them, he said none of ones at our school at the time were actually practicing Muslims, and his family himself hadn't practices since before they moved to Canada. Maybe it's a a false assumption because he said it an he's the only Tatar I got to know, but the way he talked it seemed like most Tatars if Muslim they rarely practiced, he would go to the mosque no more than once a year just because it was their culture, but he said he thought that was pretty common for Tatars in general. Diffrent in Russia?

I just assume if Yakupov is Muslim he's none practising. Kadri skipped a lot of his normal religious things and he's quite religious (My family is friends with who Kadris billets used to be and I remember them saying he skipped of what he was spouse to do and if he wasn't even as close to religious as he was he probably wouldn't bother at all, but he'd still call himself muslim because of culture reasons)
well no it's not the same in Tatarstan.I'm sure immigration has to do something in your friend's case

my father's childhood friend immigrated to Los Angeles and i've met him there last summer..he's name was Azat(common Tatar name)..now he's Adam..i started to speak with him in Tatar and he said please let's speak Russian or English because his wife(he met her in LA) is Russian and his son speaks only Russian-English..pretty awful imho..ofc they don't go to Mosque they don't celebrate Uraza-Bairam and Kurban-Bairam and so on.

Most Tatars have great feeling to its roots but i think not the ones who immigrated.When you meet a Tatar or a Bashqort in Moscow or anyother "Russian" region of Russia they are usualy so happy to speak on our native language

i hope Nail isn't the one who can forget about his own nation.

Old
12-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
what's funny here?
Khabibulin was arrested for driving while egregiously over the legal blood alcohol limit fairly recently.

He's also clearly not ethnically Tatar, regardless of his name. Just look at him.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:22 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinho View Post
Khabibulin was arrested for driving while egregiously over the legal blood alcohol limit fairly recently.

He's also clearly not ethnically Tatar, regardless of his name. Just look at him.

we're all drink

seems to me that you don't realy know how we look

Tatars various a lot in types from euro-likes to asian-looking

http://mhl.khl.ru/players/16365/

Albert Ildar-uli Yarullin (European Preliminary Rankings 2011 draft he's 6th in Russian skater's rankings) do you doubt he's a Tatar?

Old
12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

This might be a retarded question but is Tomas Tatar of Tatar descent?

Old
12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
we're all drink

seems to me that you don't realy know how we look

Tatars various a lot in types from euro-likes to asian-looking

http://mhl.khl.ru/players/16365/

Albert Ildar-uli Yarullin (European Preliminary Rankings 2011 draft he's 6th in Russian skater's rankings) do you doubt he's a Tatar?
I don't doubt that there are some Tatars that look like that, but then they're not pure blooded Tatars are they? Regardless, this wasn't meant to spark some big debate. Khabibulin isn't a Muslim, THAT was the point.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinho View Post
I don't doubt that there are some Tatars that look like that, but then they're not pure blooded Tatars are they? Regardless, this wasn't meant to spark some big debate. Khabibulin isn't a Muslim, THAT was the point.
they are pure blooded.Tatar nation came from different turkic and finno-ugric tribes living in that area

apperance varies from region when you see a blonde blue-eyed Tatar he's probably from Kazan area because Kazan Tatars(Qazan Tatarlar) mostly came from Bulgari tribe they are very european in kind of appearance, my father is Qazan Tatar, i'm blond and blue-eyed as him, Russians always look suprised when they hear my name or me speaking Tatar because they think i'm Russian, which i'm not i don't have Russian ancestors at all.

Khabibulin is kryashen tatar see my post above i asked Automobilist Ekaterinburg(in Soviet time Sverdlovsk) fans.he's orthodox well maybe he's not but his parents are

Old
12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
This might be a retarded question but is Tomas Tatar of Tatar descent?

i doubt

Old
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
alex20wild

I'm still stunned he got cut by team russia... and i'm tallking about the vancouver olympics :p But seriously this guy is amazing, cant overlook his russia teamate Alex either

Old
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

His stats this year are phenomenal

Old
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Pauk

Quote:
because Kazan Tatars(Qazan Tatarlar) mostly came from Bulgari tribe they are very european in kind of appearance
don't expect to encounter on this board to a hardcore tatar nazi

The descendants of Bulgari people are Сhuvash people.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

His stats are amazing, especially for a Euro-rookie, 1 year away from his draft. Leafs NEED this guy. But I don't know if Burke and co. can stomach another bottom 7 finish.

Old
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

If the Leafs can get this guy I will dance in the streets.

Leafs 2012: Fail for Nail

Old
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post

Leafs 2012: Fail for Nail
IIII LIKE THAT ANSWER!

Old
01-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Pauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Leafs fans still have some hopes. It's amazing.

Old
01-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
His stats are amazing, especially for a Euro-rookie, 1 year away from his draft. Leafs NEED this guy. But I don't know if Burke and co. can stomach another bottom 7 finish.
If the Leafs do choose to got that route after this year, And if we're lucky enough to get into that top 3 or so next year, I think we need to look real hard at one of the two big Russian centers in Galchenyuk and Grigorenko. I know you're supposed to go BPA, And if Yakupov is far and away the best player than you go with him. But man do we ever need the horse up the middle.

Old
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Bay View Post
If the Leafs do choose to got that route after this year, And if we're lucky enough to get into that top 3 or so next year, I think we need to look real hard at one of the two big Russian centers in Galchenyuk and Grigorenko. I know you're supposed to go BPA, And if Yakupov is far and away the best player than you go with him. But man do we ever need the horse up the middle.
I say draft Brett Ritchie this year, in the second round, then try and draft Grigorenko or Yakupov nxt year, depending how Kadri plays at center. That would make this team a cotender in a few years.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Bay View Post
Galchenyuk is American...

Old
01-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Galchenyuk is American...
Or Russian. He hasn't decided yet. I think Yakupov will lead him to the Russian side though... Bwah, who knows.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
..... deleted post

Old
01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Hockeysemin

Old
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Imagine if the Oilers draft him.

Paajarvi - Hall - Eberle
Landeskog (Assuming we draft him in 2011) - Gagner - Yakupov

Who needs defense if you a forward core like that.

Closed Thread