Correct what I said earlier...Bobby Clarke won 3 Hart trophies not 2 as I had stated earlier. Just looked it up, forgot about the third one. 1973,75,76.
Looking up Clarke's stats amazed at awards he has won:
- Clarke also won the Masterton Trophy in 1972. For overcoming diabetes I would imagine.
- He won the Selke in 1983 as top defensive forward in NHL.
- The Lou Marsh in 1975 as Canada's Top Athlete of the year.
- He captained the Flyers to 2 Stanley Cups. Named to NHL First All-Star team 2 times and Second All-Star team 2 times.
- When he retired he stood 4th all-time in NHL assists and 11th all-time in NHL points. His career plus-minus of +506 still stands as 5th best all-time.
The Flyers retired Clarke's #16 jersey and unveiled the Bobby Clarke Trophy which is awarded annually to the Flyers' Most Valuable Player. He still holds 11 Flyers team records. He also won the WHL MVP his final year of junior in 1969. He won the Lester Pearson and Lester Patrick trophies. Lionel Conacher award, appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada. WHL scoring trophy was renamed the Bob Clarke Trophy in his honour. Inducted in NHL Hall of Fame in 1987. Along with the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame in 2005, the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame in 2003 and later Manitoba Hall of Fame.