HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec altercation

Old
12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
i'm getting tired of those so called "leaders" that are on his case day in and day out. Maybe a bit of jealousy?
This team is better with PK in the line-up, veterans should know better.
Why would Plekanec be jealous of Subban? Pleks has got nothing but praise this season.

And if our team is really better with PK in the line-up it isn't showing.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
In your entourage, if 10 people have problem with you, big chance are that you're the problem, not them.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Habs

This reminds me of the time I found out the man I had been seeking to destroy, and his empire, really was my father, and I kissed my sister.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So what, you'd be mad if he'd become better defensively ?
Well of course! Well, all put into perspective.

Subban is not known for his D. So I'll want from him some minimal knowledge on how to play defense, the basic to not look like a dumb, but I'll tell him to amaze us with his offensive game. Wich has bring him were he is..wich is almost inexistant lately...

We must not search to destroy a player's way to play. We must seek to build a solid core of youth that knows how to play together, whatever the other's weakness. That's called a team with soul. A winnig team, generally.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Well Subban is really starting to get on everybody's nerves it seems. Can't be a good thing if the entire team is hating on him, there's probably a reason why, just saying...

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:54 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestriker View Post
Well Subban is really starting to get on everybody's nerves it seems. Can't be a good thing if the entire team is hating on him, there's probably a reason why, just saying...
Perhaps. What I don't like it just may prove a dick like Cherry right.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Colt.45Orr

I think it is great that the plays and practices hard ---with all the attitude he wants to. *But* we have to see the full picture which is that these guys all travel, eat (sometimes) etc together and if one guy has an attitude than it becomes a real issue. I used to play university and there were 2 guys on the team who were OK in small quantities but nobody on the team could stand them after awhile (road trips). Great players, but very arrogant ...not great for team unity.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
The veterans are continuing on their will to broke Subban's personality into an other boring, all around player.

Shame on them. Let Subban play his style.
He wouldn't be boring if he became a well-rounded, orthodox player because his skills would still be there. Ray Bourque played a conventional game but that ddidn't prevent him from being elected to the HOF at the end of his career. You don't get points for being eccentric in a team game. Wouldn't it be nice to have Dmen who covered oppossing forwards like a blanket, brought the puck successfully through center off, and got off crisp passes and hard shots on goal?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Why you all say that they hate Pk for that. They are hockey players , scrum and fight happen all the time on the ice. I played with friends and against friends and i got into scrum all the time. I almost fought a teamates in a baseball practice.

But it's sport, just a game . Things are always all good after the game or practice. You guys are a little bit sensitive

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
In your entourage, if 10 people have problem with you, big chance are that you're the problem, not them.
That's not necessarily true. I've studied bullying and people can gang-up on someone who has done absolutely nothing. Not saying that this is the case, but it is possible that some just don't like his guts... just saying.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Newhabfan

JM said it was perfectly OK with him, players showing intensity and PK telling he wants to play. Maybe we should listen to him at times.

The only reason PK was out on Sunday was that the team won. He'll be back next game 100%. He'll get his chances.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:42 PM
SDhybrid47

I'm a big fan of PK and all, but now getting in to it with team mates...

he's gotta cool it abit...

was sick at the WJC in O-town though

SDhybrid47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Next Best Thing*

At this point I hope Gauthier trades Subban as soon as possible because this team does not deserve him.

Playing Gorges injured over him??? REALLY??

seriously, **** this

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:45 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
At this point I hope Gauthier trades Subban as soon as possible because this team does not deserve him.

Playing Gorges injured over him??? REALLY??
Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of the person who is playing that injured Gorges and even friggin Alexandre Picard over him?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of the person who is playing that injured Gorges and even friggin Alexandre Picard over him?
Then I want Gauthier gone too, since I doubt he will fire his "pal" Martin. They are incompetent, imo.

But let's forget that, it won't happen especially this year, so I would like Subban to get out of this mess asap, even if I will greatly miss having him this is probably the best move for him going forward before JM destroys what he has left.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Cue to Subban being seen as "addition by substraction" or "cancer" or any other stupid stuff like that...
actually they way people suck subban off it would be "its all pleks fault he shouldnt be tough on him"

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
jamz

Trade for Kaberle send Subban to Hamilton

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:27 PM
RE-HABS

Time for the GM PG to tell the Coach JM that he needs to play the kids on D, Subban and Weber cause the old guys are tired and hurt and Picard isn't the solution...if not, fire his ass and give him a cushy front office job and get a real coach.

Subban is obviously frustrated and it is being taken out on fellow players cause he is trying to show th coach he wants to play, the coach needs to open his damn eyes!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Lawls at this thread.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The habs are known to be more willing to drop the gloves in practice than in a game.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The habs are known to be more willing to drop the gloves in practice than in a game.
Well it's pretty obvious....they are amongst the softest players in the league...nobody is afraid of them not even....them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
actually they way people suck subban off it would be "its all pleks fault he shouldnt be tough on him"
Nobody sucks Subban off but the majority understand that he's a rookie with things to learn. And as if it wasn't enough to just understand that, we had enough example of rookies with a supposed bad behavior that ended up NOT being cancer everywhere else and continued their maturity process once they're gone. So the idea is to learn from this and stop being the farm team of the rest of the NHL and start dealing with guys that are just a little bit outside of milk drinkers and have them mature WITH US.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
The coaching staff really needs to step in. This **** keeps going on and on... It ruins the atmosphere. If the Habs organization don't have it in them to incorporate an ebullient personnality they should trade PK to some team that can and at least get something valuable in return.
Wrong. It's a good thing that this happened in practice. It shows that our best forward is frustrated by this poor stretch and it shows that our best prospect wants into the lineup. The coach is happy about it....we should also be happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I think they are just both very intense players and both hate that they are losing.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Well we don't know the reasons for all this stuff and we don't know what the heck Martin is teaching Subban but if all this has NOT been a planed thing by the players and Martin or if it's just something that that Martin is letting happen to Subban then I swear it's the worst coaching I have ever seen in 60 years being a Habs fan. I won't say that yet because we all need to know the truth about all this and I mean the truth not the party line, THE TRUTH. IS Subban just a real son of a ***** to coach or is the Coach the real SOB in all this. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON????????
Have you never been on a team that had an incident between players in practice? Cammalleri got into it with Lapierre last year....didn't seem to affect chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Why you all say that they hate Pk for that. They are hockey players , scrum and fight happen all the time on the ice. I played with friends and against friends and i got into scrum all the time. I almost fought a teamates in a baseball practice.

But it's sport, just a game . Things are always all good after the game or practice. You guys are a little bit sensitive
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's not necessarily true. I've studied bullying and people can gang-up on someone who has done absolutely nothing. Not saying that this is the case, but it is possible that some just don't like his guts... just saying.
Good gawd....holy overreaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Time for the GM PG to tell the Coach JM that he needs to play the kids on D, Subban and Weber cause the old guys are tired and hurt and Picard isn't the solution...if not, fire his ass and give him a cushy front office job and get a real coach.

Subban is obviously frustrated and it is being taken out on fellow players cause he is trying to show th coach he wants to play, the coach needs to open his damn eyes!
Do you not think that Jacques Martin has consulted with Muller, Pearn and the GM about his handling of PK?? I guarantee you he's not doing this all on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Lawls at this thread.
Yup! That says it all about this thread.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Well of course! Well, all put into perspective.

Subban is not known for his D. So I'll want from him some minimal knowledge on how to play defense, the basic to not look like a dumb, but I'll tell him to amaze us with his offensive game. Wich has bring him were he is..wich is almost inexistant lately...

We must not search to destroy a player's way to play. We must seek to build a solid core of youth that knows how to play together, whatever the other's weakness. That's called a team with soul. A winnig team, generally.
Your going to need a new coach then... if the player does not play D he has no use to JM.
I remember Spezza first playoff run in Ottawa JM scratched him and it was not until Muckler told JM to play Spezza in an elimination game he came in. (1G 2Pts)

It's the way JM is... not good enough defensively then the player does not play

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

My biggest concern? It's that only PK was able to get a few guys angry....Where's all the passion from the others? Martin sees that as a good sign based on the fact that he was bringing during practice...so how about the others?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
That's exactly what I'm thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well it's pretty obvious....they are amongst the softest players in the league...nobody is afraid of them not even....them.
Thanks, I needed that!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote