HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec altercation

Old
12-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
From http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=346998

Quote:
Habs captain Brian Gionta concurred that arguments between teammates are simply something that occurs when a player is trying to force his way back in to the lineup.

"When you are not playing you've got to practice hard and make sure you are ready for the game when you are called on," said Gionta. "I thought it was a good practice by everybody and that stuff is going to happen when you're practicing hard."
The overreaction in this thread is ridiculous!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

Yep. This is a non-issue.

It's so funny how the words of outsiders have really rattled our fan base.

It started with Richards....then Cherry...then Subban screws up on a couple of plays....he gets benched...then "the white way"...then talk of players wanting him benched....then video of Pleks and him at practice...now another issue at practice... LOL

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:34 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Stop using the easy excuse '' their are both intense player'' . its the 3rd time this **** happen. I don't know if PK is a **** in the loockeroom or some player are just jelly , but their is some issue with subban and more than one player.Deal with it
Mod edit:

This happens to every team. PK is just a guy who is intense and talks a lot, probably just ticked off a guy that was already on the edge because of how crappy they are playing.

I'd be more concerned if things like this didn't happen. You obviously can't comprehend what happens when 25 pissed off guys are around each other. Heck a team isn't just guys, it's like a family. Imagine a household of 25 brothers.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-02-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Play nice.
le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:35 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Well of course! Well, all put into perspective.

Subban is not known for his D. So I'll want from him some minimal knowledge on how to play defense, the basic to not look like a dumb, but I'll tell him to amaze us with his offensive game. Wich has bring him were he is..wich is almost inexistant lately...

We must not search to destroy a player's way to play. We must seek to build a solid core of youth that knows how to play together, whatever the other's weakness. That's called a team with soul. A winnig team, generally.
If it's minimal knowledge he'll never be a 1st pair D, probably not even a 2nd pair D... no coach will want their D to be schooled by the opponents star forwards every time they step the ice

No that's not even called a team, just a bunch of individuals doing whatever they're best at while not improving other aspects of the game... see NYR under Sather...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Next Best Thing*

JM is, he can't utilize rookies properly especially those who rendered good services for him in the past playoffs, hes acting like he's seeing PK play for the first time. Does this situation make any sense at all to you? Not only does he play Picard over him, a fringe 7th D-man from Ottawa (always hated that signing and I still do) that is making absurd AHL mistakes over and over but an injured Gorges too... come on.

PK Subban is a new breed defenseman and a complete player with all the tools yet he isn't being played. How quickly do we forget his 23 mins of ice time on avg in the first 15(ish) games and him carrying the load offensively - minus the stat sheet but he was the catalyst - and QB'ing the rush. Now that the league took notice of him JM is killing his confidence by scratching him after every loss.

Imagine PK under Boucher in Tampa right now... im now saying that I would want this to happen although it would be whats best for him... but we would see a very different PK, one who has the support of his coach.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 12-28-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Your going to need a new coach then... if the player does not play D he has no use to JM.
I remember Spezza first playoff run in Ottawa JM scratched him and it was not until Muckler told JM to play Spezza in an elimination game he came in. (1G 2Pts)

It's the way JM is... not good enough defensively then the player does not play
I don't believe Gauthier has the balls to do something like that.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:27 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

too many PPs and KKs between these 2

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
No, he's no Gainey.

Old
12-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You mean the guy who traded Halak doesn't have balls? Good one!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 08:51 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
No, he's no Gainey.
Subban is not bigger than the team, get over yourself. He's been brutal for 10 games or more.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Subban is not bigger than the team, get over yourself. He's been brutal for 10 games or more.
Because he's been paired with Picard, who hasn't got a clue. Why don't you get over yourself?

Subban was fine when we were winning and then martin singles him out for the teams insuccess.

Old
12-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestriker View Post
Well Subban is really starting to get on everybody's nerves it seems. Can't be a good thing if the entire team is hating on him, there's probably a reason why, just saying...
And messing with one of the best, liked players on your team doesn't help. Not sure what some of you saying it's good got the team. Subban already has been called out, thus why he is sitting. It IS not better for the team, that's just plain stupid. And for all of you saying he the Habs are better when he is in the lineup must have missed when he WAS playing, all I can say is

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
LastChancePrice

The more i hear of Subban, the more i just start to wish he was sent back to Hamilton. This guy as no respect. Hes amazing to watch, but i really start to dislike him... dunno still if i want him in my team for a long time...

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Habs13

Just a kid trying hard to get back into the line-up... as always, the media will blow this up into something it isn't.

After the crap we've been seing from the Habs in the last eight or more games, it's refreshing to finally see some emotion out of them. After such crap showings recently, there's bound to be a lot of frustrations amongst the boys.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Habs13

Quote:
JM is, he can't utilize rookies properly especially those who rendered good services for him in the past playoffs, hes acting like he's seeing PK play for the first time. Does this situation make any sense at all to you? Not only does he play Picard over him, a fringe 7th D-man from Ottawa (always hated that signing and I still do) that is making absurd AHL mistakes over and over but an injured Gorges too... come on.

PK Subban is a new breed defenseman and a complete player with all the tools yet he isn't being played. How quickly do we forget his 23 mins of ice time on avg in the first 15(ish) games and him carrying the load offensively - minus the stat sheet but he was the catalyst - and QB'ing the rush. Now that the league took notice of him JM is killing his confidence by scratching him after every loss.

Imagine PK under Boucher in Tampa right now... im now saying that I would want this to happen although it would be whats best for him... but we would see a very different PK, one who has the support of his coach.
Not to mention Spacek, who isn't doing a single damn thing well this year. Count how many times that guys falls on his ass for no reason during a game. Martin has no faith in the kids and won't bench the useless vets.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 12-28-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

If you think about it, the two players are on the opposite end as far as personality. Plek is a shy, serious, humble, dedicated guy, who rarely make mistakes and he's a too way player. While PK is a engaging, loud, flashy guy, who has offensive skills yet lack in defensive ones even though he's a defenseman. I bet Plek is annoyed that PK doesn't follow in line while PK maybe doesn't know why the other is annoyed. Maybe PK would fit better with the Capitals.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Because he's been paired with Picard, who hasn't got a clue. Why don't you get over yourself?

Subban was fine when we were winning and then martin singles him out for the teams insuccess.
Subban and Picard were a great pairing not too long ago.

Stop trying to imagine conspiracies.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm not surprised. Plekanec was visibly seething while the 3rd period wound down in new york.

Obviously, Subban wont be in the best of moods either at this point. I havent read too deep into this but if subban is crossing the line with our star player (taking shots at him), then somebody needs to step in. Hopefully, its nothing more than 2 guys who are pissed off with the way things are going.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Edgy

People on this board went from calling for JMs head after he benched Subban to saying we should trade him and hating on him in less than 2 weeks. Amazing!

He is a rookie, he will make mistakes. Those mistakes include agitating your own teammates at times.

The RAMQ should consider billing the Canadiens organization to offset some of the costs they incurred treating anxiety attacks suffered by the fans each time the team hits a slump.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:27 AM
yellowtree

Plekanec and Subban are very pubertal players, they dont show any respect neither for opponents nor for teammates. Subban should be a bit more quiet and respectful, he should concentrate on his own play and not criticise older players or even the coach because he isn't in the lineup. Subban has a lot of things he urgently needs to improve if he wants to be such a loudmouth without being punished or traded.

yellowtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:56 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nORRis8 View Post
Perhaps. What I don't like it just may prove a dick like Cherry right.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 07:06 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
PK Subban is a new breed defenseman and a complete player with all the tools yet he isn't being played.
If by all "all the tools" you mean the ability to create multiple dangerous turnovers in a game then sure.

At the beginning of the season one of the frequent comments heard both here and by analysts was that Subban was often able to repair his own mistakes. What nobody mentioned was the fact that many of those mistakes were things that shouldn't have been happening in the first place.

Quote:
How quickly do we forget his 23 mins of ice time on avg in the first 15(ish) games and him carrying the load offensively
His ice time was often the result of PK extending his shifts and not going back to the bench on time. Witness the Oilers game as a perfect example.

No doubt about it PK has TONS of raw talent and a strong drive, but its starting to look like he has an ego to go with it that at this point in his career is undeserved. He's flashy and he's exciting to watch, but don't let that confuse you into thinking he's already top tier talent.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 07:20 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

I don't see how a quote from Martin/Gionta proves anything really. What did you expect Gionta to say : "Well, Subban was being a ****ing brat all practice and Plekanec snapped. We're all tired of him really."

Of course he's going to say exactly what you just read. Quotes from the mild mannered coach/captain never mean anything. They feed the medias non controversial BS.

That said, it's probably nothing. But I wouldn't take Gionta's word for it.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:04 AM
neofury*

PK and Weber should always be playing at this point unless of course behind the scenes PK is being a real ***** but to be honest I have my doubts. The media needs to have something to QQ about.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Subban and Picard were a great pairing not too long ago.

Stop trying to imagine conspiracies.
That kinda proves the point tho. Picard was just a by product of Subban playing very well. Picard is getting completely exposed now and is showing why he is a 7th defenseman.

Spacek and Picard have both been visibly worse then Subban yet haven't felt any heat from the coach. This is simply a message to PK and they are trying to break whatever bad habits they feel he has. Based simply on play, there is zero reason he has been the only one singled out.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote