HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
GT is doing all they can to furiously lose this game.

ESPNU commercial with Shaq and Ryan Miller is pretty amusing.

This guy just can't catch punts. He has possibly lost this game on his own.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-27-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old
12-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I didn't get a chance to see the skills comp. What did Mezsaros shoot in the hardest shot comp?

Also, Giroux definitely got a lot bigger since his first games as a Flyer. Look at his shoulders at like 45 seconds in.

Old
12-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I didn't get a chance to see the skills comp. What did Mezsaros shoot in the hardest shot comp?
I think it was about 98. JVR shot 101ish.

Old
12-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Muffins.

Old
12-27-2010, 07:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think it was about 98. JVR shot 101ish.
Wow, that's impressive. I kind of always figured JVR for just a wrist shot kind of guy. He should blast some of them more during the game.

Old
12-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wow, that's impressive. I kind of always figured JVR for just a wrist shot kind of guy. He should blast some of them more during the game.
My first thought was "where the hell has THAT been?" JVR loves those wristshots, and loves his wraparounds even more. I hope he starts taking blasts now.

Old
12-27-2010, 08:35 PM
flyersguy33*

Just picked up the Droid X a few hours ago. Its a thing of beaut

Old
12-27-2010, 08:39 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
You *******...

Old
12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You *******...
was trying to hold out for the Iphone on Verizon, but my brother lost his phone last night in the snow and they had a buy one get one free deal on it, so I couldnt pass it up, and the data plan is only $20 a month instead of $30.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:17 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
was trying to hold out for the Iphone on Verizon, but my brother lost his phone last night in the snow and they had a buy one get one free deal on it, so I couldnt pass it up, and the data plan is only $20 a month instead of $30.
How is it only 20 a month?

Old
12-27-2010, 10:23 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Well, it's obviously not unlimited.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:28 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Well, it's obviously not unlimited.
no it is. Just some special they are currently running when you sign up for a new 2 year contract.

Old
12-27-2010, 10:31 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
no it is. Just some special they are currently running when you sign up for a new 2 year contract.
Not really a special, I got that a month or so ago.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So it has to be a BRAND NEW contract? Ahhh then I would probably have to pay the $30. I would kill for an Android phone, but my upgrade isn't until April 8th. I also don't have a job, which sucks to get a monthly plan.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:21 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
So it has to be a BRAND NEW contract? Ahhh then I would probably have to pay the $30. I would kill for an Android phone, but my upgrade isn't until April 8th. I also don't have a job, which sucks to get a monthly plan.
no, you can still get it with an upgrade. I was able to get an upgrade back in June but liked my phone and never used my upgrade. That phone got ruined so I used an old phone because I didnt like any of the phones out at the time. Brother lost his phone last night in the snow and it was buy one get one free so I just bit the built and got it. When you are up for your upgrade I dont know if they will still have the $20 offer. I know sometimes they let you use your upgrade like 3 months early so you can try and check that, and if not, the Iphone should be out by then.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:38 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
no, you can still get it with an upgrade. I was able to get an upgrade back in June but liked my phone and never used my upgrade. That phone got ruined so I used an old phone because I didnt like any of the phones out at the time. Brother lost his phone last night in the snow and it was buy one get one free so I just bit the built and got it. When you are up for your upgrade I dont know if they will still have the $20 offer. I know sometimes they let you use your upgrade like 3 months early so you can try and check that, and if not, the Iphone should be out by then.
I don't want an iPhone. I don't want anything Apple. I want a Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Droid phone.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I have a Droid for personal use, and an iPhone for work. I'd take the Droid any day of the week. There's a lot I don't like about the iPhone,

Old
12-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Got a Droid 2 the one with the keypad a few weeks ago. considering I held out for 5 years with a flip non texting phone with your average keyboard, i was very impressed. Maybe because im so used to my old ass phone with practically unlimited battery, I find the battery life to be absolute ****. If I charge my phone all night turn it on and dont do much at all with it all through the school day, take it when schools out im at 15-20% battery.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
sorry for the double post... but I just realized it's time to get a good avatar. ill be on the lookout, or get one when I get time

Old
12-28-2010, 12:51 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I don't want an iPhone. I don't want anything Apple. I want a Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Droid phone.
That is such an unessecarily ****** attitude.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:09 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
That is such an unessecarily ****** attitude.
Why is that? I like the sound quality of other MP3 players (iPods are still average). I build my own PCs for much cheaper, separate warranties and I put pride into it. I have a 5 year old laptop I barely use that is technically an ASUS barebone. I currently have an eNV Touch for a phone. Also, I personally like making things my way and setting them up how I want, so in turn, I like Android (or at least way more customizable than Apple or WPS7). Also, I have to ask you all, what makes you think Apple is part of the geekiness/nerdiness trend? They make products that work for the stupidest of people, for people that may not have the intelligence to do much else other than their current job. Does geekiness/nerdiness = simple enough for the stupid? I didn't grow up learning actual programming, how to build my own computers, manage parts, know jargon and so on NOT to be called a geek/need. Especially hipsters that buy everything Apple, calling themselves geeks, hip and believe they are still cooler than other people. **** them. **** them in their lying ****ing brain. Also, personally, I think Jobs could be just as bad as Kotick. Wanting more money, flips **** about anything and for some, kind of seems like a patriarch or a messiah, which is ****ing creepy. I understand Mac Pros for Photoshop and video editing, that's fine by me. But I know at least 2 people right off the top of my head that would buy a brand new MacBook Pro just for internet, word processing and emailing, which is the biggest waste of money I can think of. My suggestion, don't spend an assload of money just because of the brand, but I'm sure people do that as well for make up and clothing.

There... had to get that out there.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Hollywood Couturier

But, how do you really feel?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I was pretty proud of my name choice for "Live Long and Prospal." So much for that.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 from OBT39
OB Thread #40 : Wow, We Have Too Much Free Time Edition
For comparison, the Devils board is on Off-Topic thread #85.

Old
12-28-2010, 08:40 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
I don't want an iPhone. I don't want anything Apple.
I'm glad someone agrees with me. In my line of work PC is still king. I also DJ on the side, and I find the itunes file format lacking in sound quality. Sure it's fine in ear buds, but when you push it through speaker towers in dance halls, not so much. I use a little sansa to play music when I work out. Actually my favorite music player is a 1918 Edison phonograph, doesn't even need batteries.

My fiance wants an iphone, but I'd rather have a phone that actually works well as just a phone.

At my family christmas gathering, the older adults were laughing and carrying on, the 3 teens where sitting on the couch all texting silently with blank looks on their faces. It was like some scary sci-fi movie, just plug them into the matrix and they'll be happy. I need to take those boys camping or fishing, the cabin has no wi-fi or cell phone service, it's heaven.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:20 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Why is that? I like the sound quality of other MP3 players (iPods are still average).
Uh, they're all the same there pal.

Quote:
I build my own PCs for much cheaper, separate warranties and I put pride into it. I have a 5 year old laptop I barely use that is technically an ASUS barebone. I currently have an eNV Touch for a phone. Also, I personally like making things my way and setting them up how I want, so in turn, I like Android (or at least way more customizable than Apple or WPS7). Also, I have to ask you all, what makes you think Apple is part of the geekiness/nerdiness trend? They make products that work for the stupidest of people, for people that may not have the intelligence to do much else other than their current job. Does geekiness/nerdiness = simple enough for the stupid? I didn't grow up learning actual programming, how to build my own computers, manage parts, know jargon and so on NOT to be called a geek/need. Especially hipsters that buy everything Apple, calling themselves geeks, hip and believe they are still cooler than other people. **** them. **** them in their lying ****ing brain. Also, personally, I think Jobs could be just as bad as Kotick. Wanting more money, flips **** about anything and for some, kind of seems like a patriarch or a messiah, which is ****ing creepy. I understand Mac Pros for Photoshop and video editing, that's fine by me. But I know at least 2 people right off the top of my head that would buy a brand new MacBook Pro just for internet, word processing and emailing, which is the biggest waste of money I can think of. My suggestion, don't spend an assload of money just because of the brand, but I'm sure people do that as well for make up and clothing.

There... had to get that out there.
Does anyone actually think that?

Closed Thread