HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Mueller signed to a two-way contract, will play Tuesday

Old
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Chris Mueller signed to a two-way contract, will play Tuesday

Quote:
And the Predators have signed Chris Mueller. They say he is expected to play tomorrow night against Dallas.
http://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/stat...08879498936321

We've been talking about this for a while now. Chris Mueller came to camp on a tryout deal, but has made it all the way to the NHL now. Congrats Chris Mueller and welcome to Nashville!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Good.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Well...I am in favor of this deal... but make no mistake this is a dark day for the Predators... we are in a ton of trouble for this season...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:09 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I was wondering if/when this would happen. Mueller has earned a shot at the big show. He has been very productive for the Ads this year. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Rich Peverley...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Well...I am in favor of this deal... but make no mistake this is a dark day for the Predators... we are in a ton of trouble for this season...
Agreed.

We may become sellers this trade deadline.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I don't buy that one bit. This is a great opportunity for Mueller to continue to pounce on and make his way up the ladder. Unfortunately it comes as a result of a negative story, but I don't think this spells disaster on the ice.

Legwand is likely returning tomorrow and Erat is said to be close. Sullivan needs to get healthy and I don't think we can count on Lombardi, but the fact of the matter is the sky is not falling.

Overall, this is a good day for likely one person in the Nashville Predators organization and that is Chris Mueller, but he doesn't appear to be the type of guy that's going to rest on his laurels or celebrate this accomplishment. My bet is that Mueller will actually wind up replacing Spaling down the road if we can get healthy so that Spaling can be sent back to Milwaukee to develop offensively.

Old
12-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't buy that one bit. This is a great opportunity for Mueller to continue to pounce on and make his way up the ladder. Unfortunately it comes as a result of a negative story, but I don't think this spells disaster on the ice.

Legwand is likely returning tomorrow and Erat is said to be close. Sullivan needs to get healthy and I don't think we can count on Lombardi, but the fact of the matter is the sky is not falling.

Overall, this is a good day for likely one person in the Nashville Predators organization and that is Chris Mueller, but he doesn't appear to be the type of guy that's going to rest on his laurels or celebrate this accomplishment. My bet is that Mueller will actually wind up replacing Spaling down the road if we can get healthy so that Spaling can be sent back to Milwaukee to develop offensively.
I know you are always trying to be positive, but until I see legwand erat sullivan and company on the ice, I won't believe they are close. On top of that, they will be rusty (especially legwand) when they return. O'Reilly has regressed... if we can't stay afloat these next few weeks, we may be in serious trouble.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I know you are always trying to be positive, but until I see legwand erat sullivan and company on the ice, I won't believe they are close. On top of that, they will be rusty (especially legwand) when they return. O'Reilly has regressed... if we can't stay afloat these next few weeks, we may be in serious trouble.
I don't disagree with that, but your absolute doom and gloom statement above I do disagree with.

I'm positive because I've seen so many different things happen in this game that are unexpected. Furthermore, through my playing and coaching background I've always found that if you enter the game thinking your going to lose, you're just increasing the odds against you. No matter how outmatched a team is, hockey is a game that will always give you an opportunity to stay in the game and possibly even win if you can convert enough opportunities throughout the 60 minutes.

Even last night, the Predators surely were hampered offensively due to injuries, but they created enough scoring chances to tie that game and Pekka allowed a grand total of one goal. Surely even after last night's game, it cannot be argued that the team didn't have an opportunity to win. It comes down to execution by the players on the ice.

Personally, I believe Mueller will start on the fourth line with likely Dumont and Spaling, but that actually gives the team a fourth line again that can serve as a third scoring line with the Smithson - Legwand - Ward line from today's practice serving in a shutdown role and the top-six remaining as is.

While I hate to lose Jordin, I'm actually excited to see what Mueller can inject into the lineup...

Old
12-27-2010, 10:23 PM
hockey diva

So, who is this guy and what does he bring to the team? That's what I want to know.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:29 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
So, who is this guy and what does he bring to the team? That's what I want to know.
Ditto. Just another Fids, Smitty, Bonk,Spals, etc, etc,etc, would be my guess.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:37 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Typical depth player. Not unlike Spaling: versatile and intelligent, but probably has the better offensive ability of the two (not that that's hard, since Spaling has the offensive skills of a Fig Newton).

Old
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
hockey diva

Oh goodie, just what we need.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Oh goodie, just what we need.
It's not like we have anyone better at the moment. Who else would we roll out there? Santorelli's not NHL material. Geoffrion's not ready. The only other option is Halischuk, and he's not much different from what we should get from Mueller.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:13 PM
cleangene

I can easily see a day when the Preds ice a squad of Leggy, Wade, and everyone else defensemen. Just kidding.......well, sorta.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:45 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It's not like we have anyone better at the moment. Who else would we roll out there? Santorelli's not NHL material. Geoffrion's not ready. The only other option is Halischuk, and he's not much different from what we should get from Mueller.
And that just proves my point about Poile's drafting of forwards. Oh we have depth alright for an AHL team.

Old
12-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
And that just proves my point about Poile's drafting of forwards. Oh we have depth alright for an AHL team.
Even the best teams in the league would struggle to continue to have depth available when they were without five NHL forwards, including two top-six wingers and two of your top three centers.

Admittedly we are in a bare cycle of sorts, but Taylor Beck should provide some offense to the Ads next year...

Old
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Even the best teams in the league would struggle to continue to have depth available when they were without five NHL forwards, including two top-six wingers and two of your top three centers.

Admittedly we are in a bare cycle of sorts, but Taylor Beck should provide some offense to the Ads next year...
exactly... there is no team in the league with the depth to take the losses we have taken and still have nhl-caliber players to plug in.

every team has years like this, and usually when they do they plummet in the standings. it happened to the Red Wings last year and they had to scramble just to make the playoffs. To me its amazing that we are still in contention at all. the amazing run during Rinnes absence was a gift from the hockey gods and has bought us the time to try to get healthy again.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:24 PM
WartracePred

Misery loves company, right??

Datsyuk and Cleary for the Dead Things are both out for a while with broken bones.

Silver lining to our hurricane-sized cloud.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:14 AM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
exactly... there is no team in the league with the depth to take the losses we have taken and still have nhl-caliber players to plug in.

every team has years like this, and usually when they do they plummet in the standings. it happened to the Red Wings last year and they had to scramble just to make the playoffs. To me its amazing that we are still in contention at all. the amazing run during Rinnes absence was a gift from the hockey gods and has bought us the time to try to get healthy again.
The problem is that the Wings had enough talent and fantastic goaltending that kept them close enough to make their run. We don't. And January will be absolutely brutal.

Old
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Milly79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Misery loves company, right??

Datsyuk and Cleary for the Dead Things are both out for a while with broken bones.

Silver lining to our hurricane-sized cloud.
I'm sure they will be fine, honestly.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:25 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Mueller is the #2 scorer for Milwaukee, 12 G, 8 A, +7 in 33 games. He is a smart and tough player, yet has only 20 PIMs. He hammers people on the ice every game. He is a good skater and has 3 shorties. He is 5-11 and 192 lbs, but he plays bigger than that in the AHL.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote