HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

vCash: 500
Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

looking for 2 or 3 tickets cheap for New Year's Eve

EDIT: only looking for upper level seats (reeeaaallly tight budget for this one).

Last edited by Jackets Woodchuck: 12-29-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
looking for 2 or 3 tickets cheap for New Year's Eve
I have 4 for New Year's I can't use. I'll send you a PM.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
mossylog
Go jackets

I could use 2 tix for nye game, pm me if you have any, thanks

Old
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
JrussJacket

I am also looking for 2 cheap tickets to new years eve game. Please pm me!!!!!!

Old
12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
BJFan1

I have 4 tickets for New Year's Eve available. I got them back during the pre-season sale expecting to be able to go and it turns out that we won't be able to.

They are in section 101, I think row X (but not sure, I'm at work and don't have them here), but I know that they are seats 1-4, on the 122 side. I am willing to split them up.

Since game is Friday, I would be able to meet tonight, tomorrow, or Friday during the day.

Face value is $79 a piece, I will be losing $$$ on these, and I'm ok with that. Send me a PM with offer and contact info.

I can do cash, paypal, or even willing to trade for tickets to the Bruins game at Nationwide in March.

I'll respond in order received.

Last edited by BJFan1: 12-29-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
IndyDave

My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.

Old
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
My 15 year-old and I are coming over for the New Year's Eve game. We usually go to Gordon Biersch for a post-game meal. I called and they are completely booked for the evening. Any other suggestions? I think we may be SOL without reservations that may be really hard to get at this late date. This was a last minute plan based on favorable weather conditions this weekend. Probably staying at the Courtyard and trying to avoid getting in a car after the game.
If you and your son like Asian food, you might try Kooma or Typhoon.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Does anyone know if the Blue Line manages the game worn stuff or if that's done by the team itself? Curious if an NHL/Blue Line gift card can be used...

Old
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Does anyone know if the Blue Line manages the game worn stuff or if that's done by the team itself? Curious if an NHL/Blue Line gift card can be used...
Last year I used a Blue line gift card at the game worn stand. They had to run it through the Blue Line, but a manager came over and it was no problem. They do not give STH the discount on game worn stuff, though.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Last year I used a Blue line gift card at the game worn stand. They had to run it through the Blue Line, but a manager came over and it was no problem. They do not give STH the discount on game worn stuff, though.
Also tax is not included in the list price like it is in the Blue Line.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

thanks. I'll give it a shot!

Old
12-29-2010, 07:22 PM
kirsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Also tax is not included in the list price like it is in the Blue Line.
i dont think the items are taxed when you buy them from game worn?

yeah the game worn stand (and all other little hat stands and such) throughout the arena are the same thing as the blue line but generally you can only use gift cards in the main store what are you thinking about getting? the training camp jerseys are pretty cool.

Old
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsi View Post
i dont think the items are taxed when you buy them from game worn?

yeah the game worn stand (and all other little hat stands and such) throughout the arena are the same thing as the blue line but generally you can only use gift cards in the main store what are you thinking about getting? the training camp jerseys are pretty cool.
At the last game I picked up a price list and on the bottom it states that the price does not include tax. Maybe the price tag on the item includes tax?

Old
12-29-2010, 08:09 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

FWIW, I bought the Voracek white training camp sweater and it was the cost on the sheet.

If I can't do it, I can't do it, but was curious to know about any past success...hopefully I can, because every little bit helps :^)

Old
12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
FWIW, I bought the Voracek white training camp sweater and it was the cost on the sheet.

If I can't do it, I can't do it, but was curious to know about any past success...hopefully I can, because every little bit helps :^)
Don't know, maybe they just changed it. I have the list right hear and it states Tax not included, no refunds or exchanges on any game worn or game used merchandise.

But I do think you will be ok with the gift card.

I have been thinking of picking up a training camp jersey just not sure what one to get. Maybe a Johanson before he become a star.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:24 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Don't know, maybe they just changed it. I have the list right hear and it states Tax not included, no refunds or exchanges on any game worn or game used merchandise.

But I do think you will be ok with the gift card.

I have been thinking of picking up a training camp jersey just not sure what one to get. Maybe a Johanson before he become a star.
I'd encourage it. They dropped the prices a little on them since I got the Voracek. I like the fit and feel of the authentic material. So much so that I'm anxious to get an authentic one on Friday. Considering what it costs for a customized authentic, the game worn's really aren't much more and in many cases, are actually less if you can forgive a few dings.

regarding the tax, who knows. maybe the guy gave me a bit of a break or whatever. I don't know. They've got kind of a lot of stuff, so they're probably happy to sell any of it.

-John

Old
12-30-2010, 07:24 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Could probably get into Ted's (bison burgers) or BD's (stir-fry buffet) fairly easy (they are right across the street from the Arena. Or if you like Italian, you could try Buca Di Peppa.

Old
12-30-2010, 07:31 AM
BJFan1

I still have 4 tickets for New Year's Eve available. Section 101, Row W, Seats 1-4

Face value is $79 a piece, send me a PM with offer and contact info.

I can do cash, paypal, or even willing to trade for tickets to the Bruins game at Nationwide in March.

I'll respond in order received.

*** Edit ***

Pending sale.

Last edited by BJFan1: 12-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
4 tickets for New Year's Eve available.
Tickets sold.

Old
12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
jktsfan*

Enjoy the game

Last edited by jktsfan*: 12-31-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Price reduction
Old
12-31-2010, 07:10 AM
jktsfan*

Let's Go Jackets

Last edited by jktsfan*: 12-31-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old
12-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Get down there as early as you can. I mean like around 1600, if you can. A few places that you don't need reservations are:

Bar Louie (one of my favorite places)
Brothers
Max and Erma's
343 front Street sports bar
Buca De Bepo
Flat Iron's (near Fire Station #1)
Rbar (earlier if possible)
North Market
Barley's
Boston's (earlier the better).
Chipotle
Cotter's
Sunny Street Cafe
W.G. Grinders
B.D.'s
There is also a Mexican restaurant across the street from Bar Louie.
Michael O'Toole's. You can usually get in there. Reason is that the food is not worth the price's. Only go there as a last resort.

Those aren't the only places, but since it is New Years Eve, the key is getting down there early. A lot of people will be going down there to eat that don't normally do that since it is for a special occasion.

Buca does not reserve all of it's tables and saves some for walk up's, but you still need to get there early if you don't want to wait forever. Places like Ted's and Boston's will be full by 1630 or 1645. Most games they are full by 1715, so it will be earlier tonight.

Good luck, hope this helped.

Last edited by Dr. Fire: 12-31-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old
12-31-2010, 08:14 AM
squarelaces

2 tix sec. 223 row A seats7&8 $37 face will take $40 for the pair.PM me

Tickets sold

Last edited by squarelaces: 12-31-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
HeyYoNick8

Send a message via AIM to HeyYoNick8
Anything to do in columbus

I'll be in Columbus for a couple weeks as of monday, is there anything to do besides go to jackets games? I plan on going on the 14th. What else is there to do in or around the city? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old
01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYoNick8 View Post
I'll be in Columbus for a couple weeks as of monday, is there anything to do besides go to jackets games? I plan on going on the 14th. What else is there to do in or around the city? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
You'll find plenty of useful info here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=858526

Enjoy your visit.

Well, after the mods moved your question, my answer sounds pretty silly, no? In fact, since it's a new version of the thread, it's fairly useless, too! Sorry.

Closed Thread