HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 09:30 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
So, about that Blizzard.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:34 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
nice, that was fun to watch

Old
12-28-2010, 09:57 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Very cool video - nice find chaos!

Old
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Why is that? I like the sound quality of other MP3 players (iPods are still average). I build my own PCs for much cheaper, separate warranties and I put pride into it. I have a 5 year old laptop I barely use that is technically an ASUS barebone. I currently have an eNV Touch for a phone. Also, I personally like making things my way and setting them up how I want, so in turn, I like Android (or at least way more customizable than Apple or WPS7). Also, I have to ask you all, what makes you think Apple is part of the geekiness/nerdiness trend? They make products that work for the stupidest of people, for people that may not have the intelligence to do much else other than their current job. Does geekiness/nerdiness = simple enough for the stupid? I didn't grow up learning actual programming, how to build my own computers, manage parts, know jargon and so on NOT to be called a geek/need. Especially hipsters that buy everything Apple, calling themselves geeks, hip and believe they are still cooler than other people. **** them. **** them in their lying ****ing brain. Also, personally, I think Jobs could be just as bad as Kotick. Wanting more money, flips **** about anything and for some, kind of seems like a patriarch or a messiah, which is ****ing creepy. I understand Mac Pros for Photoshop and video editing, that's fine by me. But I know at least 2 people right off the top of my head that would buy a brand new MacBook Pro just for internet, word processing and emailing, which is the biggest waste of money I can think of. My suggestion, don't spend an assload of money just because of the brand, but I'm sure people do that as well for make up and clothing.

There... had to get that out there.
LOL, what? Are you serious?

We get it dude, you hate Apple products. However, as a person who has probably never even used an Apple product other then some ****ty iPod, you sure are over-opinionated about them.

Look, no one here cares if you built your own computer or how much of a windows fanboy you are. If you really were as geek/nerd as you claim, you'd be using Linux and not Windows 7, which is Microsofts attempt at fixing the disastrous Vista nightmare by copying a lot of OS X's features into a more stable and quicker version of Vista.

Some people probably buy Macs to "look cool", but I assure you, your over-generalizations are ridiculous. For every idiot hipster, there are numerous people who buys Macs because it's their money and they ****ing want one. Whether it's worth the money is subjective, as I'm sure you spend tons of cash upgrading your PC all the time. I don't think those upgrades are worth it myself, but to each their own. I mean, you might blow a wad about upgrading to the latest videocard, but that just doesnt interest me anymore like it did when I was a teenager. I got over PC games in a hurry when they proved to be more trouble and more expensive then they were worth.

I own a Mac because it's the best computer I have ever used. The multitouch trackpad blows every trackpad I have ever used out of the water. The keyboard is awesome as well. I feel like using my Mac is a breeze and that's what I want. I used to be all techie and into meddling with ****, but I got tired of that. I want my **** to work. Let the programmers figure out how to do the little bull**** so using the computer becomes quicker and more efficient and saves me TIME. Using the trackpad beats using a bluetooth mouse in convenience and usability due to the multitouch controls. As I have said before, the screen quality on the MacBook Pro is way better then anything in the sub-$900 range anyway, but people tend to forget the quality of parts when Apple bashing. Even HP's MacBook copies are extremely expensive.

Moral of the story, don't bother trashing something you know nothing about. Want to complain about Apple products? Use a Mac or an iPhone for a year and come up with real complaints like how Apple locks down the App store on the iPhone. That's something I can get behind (and my simple solution was to Jailbreak my iPhone 4, so I can install whatever the heck I want). Complaining about "hipsters" is a cop out excuse to bash a company you don't like.

Hell, I have a dual-boot MacBook Pro with Windows 7 installed (as well as VMWare so I can virtualize). Does that make me more or less of a geek then you?

The answer is no one cares. Carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Does anyone actually think that?
Apparently owning an Apple laptop means you are a hipster poser who "pretends" to be geeky/nerdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I was pretty proud of my name choice for "Live Long and Prospal." So much for that.

Also:

For comparison, the Devils board is on Off-Topic thread #85.
Yeah well, with the season they are having, it wouldn't surprise me if the OT chatter made them create a new thread every few days.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I have to say the Apple Magic mouse is pretty damn good. Got one for Christmas and first got to use it yesterday.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-28-2010, 10:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I have to say the Apple Magic mouse is pretty damn good. Got one for Christmas and first got to use it yesterday.
I have one, but I don't like it actually. It's too small (it's too slim, it needs to be rounder) and my hand cramps on it in a matter of minutes. I wish I never bought it. Not to mention the trackpad is awesome anyway.

I had hoped the Magic Mouse would make playing the Sims and Portal easier, but I never play games on my Mac anyway, even though I have Steam on it and own a few games.

Last edited by IrishSniper87: 12-28-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old
12-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Only game I have on my Mac is Starcraft II. Haven't played that in a longass time though.

If I bought CS:S on steam like six years ago could I still download it? or would I have to buy it for Mac?

Old
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

A proper mouse has gotta have thumb buttons.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Yeah well, with the season they are having, it wouldn't surprise me if the OT chatter made them create a new thread every few days.
I've actually been a resident visitor there, and that's actually not the case. Maybe the increase has been up there recently due to suckage, but even last season they were going through OT threads twice as fast as us.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
A proper mouse has gotta have thumb buttons.
I have a $25 best buy gift card, maybe I should get that. My mouse is old as hell and I think the roller wheel is starting to break. I got this thing like....2003. Dependable, but may need an upgrade.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
I had hoped the Magic Mouse would make playing the Sims and Portal easier, but I never play games on my Mac anyway, even though I have Steam on it and own a few games.
Dude, maybe you should lay off on admitting that you play the Sims.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I've tried to use Apple stuff, but it really isn't for me. The iPhone I have to use spends half it's time angering me.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I believe all fourty of these threads have held Apple v. Others conversations.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I believe all fourty of these threads have held Apple v. Others conversations.
I think the vitriol it inspires is hilarious.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I think the vitriol it inspires is hilarious.
It's true. Some people really, really care about their geekstuff. It's like the Chevy/Ford debates from back in the day.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's true. Some people really, really care about their geekstuff. It's like the Chevy/Ford debates from back in the day.
Strong analogy.

And just as meaningless.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
So... you are saying that foreign computer companies are going to come over in the next few years and offer cheaper, better products than Mac/Windows, thus making the argument between the two even more inane?

Old
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Ghost of Downie*

I would like to take this moment to say that my Samsung with Windows 7 is very easy to use, has an awesome screen, and gets the job done for me. When I use my friends' Macbook Pros at school, I just get really confused, crawl under the bed, and lie in a fetal position.

Please don't kill me.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Flyskippy

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Valhoun for tipping me off to etsy.com last month. The Doctor Who-themed earrings I got my wife from the site were very appreciated, by both of us.

Merry Christmas, Val,
Skip

Old
12-28-2010, 12:42 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I've tried to use Apple stuff, but it really isn't for me. The iPhone I have to use spends half it's time angering me.
Mine too. I ****ing hate my iphone. This may stem from the fact that it's a 3g and slow as balls, though.

Quote:
Only game I have on my Mac is Starcraft II. Haven't played that in a longass time though.

If I bought CS:S on steam like six years ago could I still download it? or would I have to buy it for Mac?
If your account still works, it should work for the mac as well.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
I would like to take this moment to say that my Samsung with Windows 7 is very easy to use, has an awesome screen, and gets the job done for me. When I use my friends' Macbook Pros at school, I just get really confused, crawl under the bed, and lie in a fetal position.

Please don't kill me.
I knew Windows Phone 7 was hyped before it came out but haven't heard anything afterwards. I had a feeling it would be a pretty good OS, and obviously better than previous Windows Phone OS's.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Mine hadn't been touched for 2 years, and I logged on last week no problem.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post

Please don't kill me.
rabble rabble rabble rabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Valhoun for tipping me off to etsy.com last month. The Doctor Who-themed earrings I got my wife from the site were very appreciated, by both of us.

Merry Christmas, Val,
Skip
I got a vinyl sticker for my MacBook Pro off Etsy. It's geek, but I like it.

It's this one

So yeah, the Apple lights up in the center. Totally lame, haha, but I like it, so **** the haters.

Quote:
Mine too. I ****ing hate my iphone. This may stem from the fact that it's a 3g and slow as balls, though.

My 3G got really slow when I updated it to 4.0 I gave it to my sister when I got the iPhone 4 though, and she hasn't complained about the speed.

I notice since I jailbroke the iPhone 4 it runs slightly slower then before. Just a minor annoyance.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:47 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
My 3G got really slow when I updated it to 4.0 I gave it to my sister when I got the iPhone 4 though, and she hasn't complained about the speed.

I notice since I jailbroke the iPhone 4 it runs slightly slower then before. Just a minor annoyance.
With 4.1 it's about the speed it was before it seems, but that's still retardedly slow. I also hate the autocorrect. Physical keyboards are where it's at.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
With 4.1 it's about the speed it was before it seems, but that's still retardedly slow. I also hate the autocorrect. Physical keyboards are where it's at.
I used to use a Blackberry, but I have gotten used to the all touchscreen keyboard.

I can type messages with both thumbs while holding the phone normally now (luckily autocorrect fixes most mistakes). You CAN turn it sideways and use the keyboard sideways though, that can help a lot.

Closed Thread