HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 11:35 AM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Arguing with J.C. ******** has reached a point where it literally makes me physically fatigued, but I am worried that if I stop he will just take over control of the forums and use them as a medium of infallibility.

It is like an argument I had a few months ago with a friend of mine about plausible alternative power sources going forward. I kept giving empirically proven reasons as to why solar and wind energy aren't viable solutions to overhaul the entire power industry and he kept throwing out clicheed terms like "we need to go green", etc. before he devolved into insulting me for not wanting to be environmentally friendly.

The kid is in the police academy and I am an Electrical Engineer, how in the world can he attempt to argue about something like that with me? I wouldn't fervently argue with him about a topic that I had little to no knowledge about pertaining to the police force.

Just as with Murray, if it was a discussion about inbreeding I would defer to him, as he is so obviously the product of inter-familial parents.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin

I dont know why when I take screen shots, they come up here all small and ****** like, but Basically, im just showing that I have a **** ton of cap left, while having a stacked team.

Wage Budget +$ 48,491,956
Total Wages $ -44,424,043
Free Agent Bids $ 0
Wage Balance +$ 4,067,914
5% Flex* (see below) +$ 2,424,599
Wage + Flex* Balance +$ 6,492,512

Old
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=630068

Wow, First off, Athens Western All Stars, who is that? XChris?

Guess what buddy, even though you didnt win, and that guy was GROSSLY overpaid, your still an X*****, or an X******, pick one. you mother ****er.
That is the 2nd or 3rd time I head of Chris trying to snipe someone. Which is all fine and dandy, but I also remember him cursing someone off pretty hard for sniping him.

Double standards aren't kosher, bud.

Quote:

Basically, im just showing that I have a **** ton of cap left, while having a stacked team.
It sucks that that dman got run up to about 3M more than he is worth, but there is still an embarrassment of riches out there on the FA market.

I won't divulge which dmen I plan to snipe, but there are quite a few of them ending today for <3M.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

I think I might be done bidding. I really dont feel like ****ing waiting around for another 5 days to get ****ed in the ass by xchris and his xbuddies.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I think I might be done bidding. I really dont feel like ****ing waiting around for another 5 days to get ****ed in the ass by xchris and his xbuddies.
There are a ton of guys ending in a couple hours, though.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

True, but my team is set. Im fine just waiting for whenever the next crop of *******s is. Plus I like having 4 Mil in cap space.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
agrudez*

Daniel Wolf seems pretty pissed off at me for winning Sosimenko, I tried to send a friendly "nice bidding war, good luck next time" type of message and he has done nothing but complain the whole time.

Now he is trying to convince me that he will want 7-8M next season.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=575166

With a 78 average, I highly doubt he wants more than 5M, am I wrong?

Old
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Daniel Wolf seems pretty pissed off at me for winning Sosimenko, I tried to send a friendly "nice bidding war, good luck next time" type of message and he has done nothing but complain the whole time.

He might be an 80 avg by next season and with 1.5 stars and being foreign he might be around 6M in 3.x. Still worth it though, he's nasty. I did the same thing with the dman I just got. I overpaid this season but his salary will go down next year which will help with a lot of other FA salaries going up.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Won this guy:

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=398203

What do you cats think about him?

Old
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Won this guy:

Not bad. Throw him on your 2nd pairing with a defensive defenseman and put him on the first PP unit.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:02 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
He might be an 80 avg by next season and with 1.5 stars and being foreign he might be around 6M in 3.x. Still worth it though, he's nasty. I did the same thing with the dman I just got. I overpaid this season but his salary will go down next year which will help with a lot of other FA salaries going up.
****, if he gains enough TI to hit 80 average then I will more than gladly pay him 6M, but at 78 I think he would ask for 5Mish. Not to mention he is 24 years and 5 months old, so I won't hold my breath for too much TI gain before next season.

My goalie is Slovakian with a 76 AVG, 85 EPA (no stars, though) and he only asked for 3.6M.

This is only my 2nd offseason, though, so I don't have a ton of experience to draw on when I make these conclusions, so maybe I will be dissapointed. I'll try Ltrain's method of getting a pseudo-salary calculation once he actually joins my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Won this guy:

I was looking at him for a little bit when he was at 500K (and before I saw you bid), very nice offensive dman for pretty cheap. I'll be curious how he performs, though, because he had pretty piss poor stats in Finland.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

New 4th line center:

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=118290

Hoping the defensive 4th line works out.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
That is the 2nd or 3rd time I head of Chris trying to snipe someone. Which is all fine and dandy, but I also remember him cursing someone off pretty hard for sniping him.

Double standards aren't kosher, bud.
Umm no there is no double standard. I did try to bid against Odin's player but that is because a couple pages back people were saying to just bid on FA's if you liked them no matter who the bid was. I got mad when somebody tried to snipe my player back when we all agreed to not try to snipe each other. The other guy I supposedly sniped I didn't snipe. CGB had a bid on a player who somebody else from a Russian league bid on and I outbid the Russian team.

Odin I don't know how you could get mad when this is your post.

Quote:
Okay, so if were doing **** the honor code thing, then I'll just let you know that I will indeed ninja the **** out of your picks.

Basically, if you bid with less than 5 min remaining, the timer gets reset to 5 min. You can't snipe someone with like, a minute left... So basically, if you ARE online for an important FA ending, and I try to **** you in the ass, well, you can prevent that, but it'll cost money. If I like a guy enough, I'll usually bid on him up to two more times, at which point I'll stop.

I will say that I generally will try to shy away from taking players from the guys on here, however.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
New 4th line center:

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=118290

Hoping the defensive 4th line works out.
I gave up on having a 4th defensive line because when I matched it up against the other team's 2nd line then my 4th line ended up playing more than my 2nd line (which was matched up against the opponent's 4th line).

A pretty silly setup if you ask me.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Umm no there is no double standard. I did try to bid against Odin's player but that is because a couple pages back people were saying to just bid on FA's if you liked them no matter who the bid was. I got mad when somebody tried to snipe my player back when we all agreed to not try to snipe each other. The other guy I supposedly sniped I didn't snipe. CGB had a bid on a player who somebody else from a Russian league bid on and I outbid the Russian team.

Odin I don't know how you could get mad when this is your post.

Xchris, Maybe you like to start reading something, then stop later. However, if you could read, you'd see at the bottom my stance on FA between HFers. The Honor system is down and out, however, doesnt mean that I personally will snipe from HFers, or even drive a price up against someone I see.

I hope for the Western Allstars sake, that I dont see their FA bids. snipe snipe snipe.

In the end. I dont really care, this is a simulation hockey game, so do as you will. However, when I see that the team says Rhode Island Resistance, Philadelphia Flyers, Oakland Green Devils, Adirondack Phantoms (and so on and so forth), I am basically going to forget that player exists. But Athens is on that list no longer.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Xchris, Maybe you like to start reading something, then stop later. However, if you could read, you'd see at the bottom my stance on FA between HFers. The Honor system is down and out, however, doesnt mean that I personally will snipe from HFers, or even drive a price up against someone I see.

I hope for the Western Allstars sake, that I dont see their FA bids. snipe snipe snipe.

In the end. I dont really care, this is a simulation hockey game, so do as you will. However, when I see that the team says Rhode Island Resistance, Philadelphia Flyers, Oakland Green Devils, Adirondack Phantoms (and so on and so forth), I am basically going to forget that player exists. But Athens is on that list no longer.
What if he changes his team name?

Old
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:

I think you need a blunt.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
What if he changes his team name?
Dude, that defender we were after went for $3mill (that I can see, I dont know if that's $3mill to you though).

Holy mother of overpayment, batman.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I think you need a blunt.
Doesnt everybody?

Old
12-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

He will want between 4-5M in all likelihood.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Dude, that defender we were after went for $3mill (that I can see, I dont know if that's $3mill to you though).

Meh, I thought he was worth 3M, I just didn't have enough money to offer once you bid again (which is why I bugged you with the PMs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He will want between 4-5M in all likelihood.
I hope so because if he does then I will likely be able to keep my entire team together (minus 1 soon to be overpaid dman) even if I somehow don't promote.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Meh, I thought he was worth 3M, I just didn't have enough money to offer once you bid again (which is why I bugged you with the PMs).

I hope so because if he does then I will likely be able to keep my entire team together (minus 1 soon to be overpaid dman) even if I somehow don't promote.
He might have been worth $3 mill, but $2.5 was all I could afford to go. Even that would put me in flex though. With my current squad as is, I have about $70,000 room, so all FA upgrades require firing youth and cutting whoever is being replaced.

I guess I should just skip FA and stay under the budget. I hope I can just keep my club intact the next season or two, my budget can't afford much in the way of salary increases right now anyway.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
agrudez*

Quote:

Quote:
He might have been worth $3 mill, but $2.5 was all I could afford to go. Even that would put me in flex though. With my current squad as is, I have about $70,000 room, so all FA upgrades require firing youth and cutting whoever is being replaced.

I guess I should just skip FA and stay under the budget. I hope I can just keep my club intact the next season or two, my budget can't afford much in the way of salary increases right now anyway.
What is your budget increase each season from being in 1.1 (and erasing a 2.x season from your budget calculation) like?

Old
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
What is your budget increase each season from being in 1.1 (and erasing a 2.x season from your budget calculation) like?
I started at $49M I think and have been slowly getting increases. This season it is $53.4M and last season was $51.7 or something.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Bumped.

Last edited by OriginJM: 12-28-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Closed Thread