HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#37 - 12.27.2010 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Rivals crew representing !

Man, some of these names, and the kiddies around here wonder why I'm always questioning the guys ruining..running this team of ours

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
wow, ppl thought drury played bad last night? I thought he was outstanding. Not sure if he generated any scoring chances for himself, but he constantly got in there and kept dead plays going. i felt he had a strong game...as strong as AA and Dubi? Probably not...but really strong nonetheless.
At minimum, he won the draw in the offensive zone and won a battle in the corner on Dubinsky's goal.

The guy could score 20 goals from here out and people would still ***** about how he's useless and a bad captain. I've begun to simply ignore it.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
10 Minors in 27 games for Rozsival... Let's relax guys...

Oddly enough, Rozy has more blocked shots, and registered hits in less games than Sauer.

Some of you guys literally go out of your way to hate him.
Noone has to go out of their way to dislike the most overrated, overpaid by far d-man we have. And to say that he has more blocks and hits in less games is pretty dopey considering that even in less games him minutes are significantly higher than Sauer's. Face it, a good part of the fan base believes he needs to go. That giveaway (gift) to Bailey a few minutes into the game was nice. Wasn't it?

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Noone has to go out of their way to dislike the most overrated, overpaid by far d-man we have. And to say that he has more blocks and hits in less games is pretty dopey considering that even in less games him minutes are significantly higher than Sauer's. Face it, a good part of the fan base believes he needs to go. That giveaway (gift) to Bailey a few minutes into the game was nice. Wasn't it?
Not to sound overly snarky, but a good part of the fan base is dominated by idiocy. Rozsíval is overpaid by MAYBE a million, but on his good days - which far exceed his bad - he's well worth it.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
How about Staal's giveaway (gift) at the start of the third period? Forget that one?

A good part? Say maybe 200 fans who never shut the hell up about it even during the stretches where he is our best defenseman.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Marc Staal

Never even got to the game yesterday.

My train was delayed an hour and arrived at 6:20 and then got delayed for 1.5 hours at NWK Airport. Did not arrive in NY Penn until 9:30 so just got on the next train home at 11pm.

Nightmare.

Marc Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 04:59 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Wanna chat Lefebvre?
Lefebvre vs. Purinton was ALWAYS one of my favorite debates.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Lefebvre vs. Purinton was ALWAYS one of my favorite debates.
A HFboards classic.

We've missed you around here.

12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Wow are you a sight for sore eyes

Toms still plays ! He's on his 4th team since joining the Swiss league
Scary. I may not have been posting (life happens), but that does not mean that I have not been reading.

Old
12-28-2010, 05:02 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Please, the name is "Putty", ok?
MJ, I was at 3rd and long the other night. Made me think of the HFDS. Which, reminds me, Singin', my loyally voted sidekick, still owes me drinks.

More seriously, am enjoying this version of team MUCH more than I have in a long time. Warts and all.

Old
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
A HFboards classic.

We've missed you around here.
Thanks. It is so eaaaaaasy to get right back into the flow of things. The debates still occur, I see. BUT, not like they used to. My work day used to be filed with threads that would take pages upon pages and at least 3 tandems. The real good debaters are not around as much.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:23 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Exactly. Salary aside, Drury is a valuable part of this team. He can do it all in any situation that is needed. He has experience in winning a cup and quite possibly could get a clutch goal when needed. He has been very noticeable and Torts is aware of this.
Yeah, he was very noticable,... especially on the giveaway leading to the Isles 2nd goal....

http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...NYR83&fr=false

What kills me on this play (the very begining) is that there are 3 Isles up high right in front of him! How could he not dump the puck down low along the boards where there would be a man advantage. This is a mistake a rookie would make, forcing a pass through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
wow, ppl thought drury played bad last night? I thought he was outstanding. Not sure if he generated any scoring chances for himself, but he constantly got in there and kept dead plays going. i felt he had a strong game...as strong as AA and Dubi? Probably not...but really strong nonetheless.
He did have 2 assists on the nite, but neither were great setups. He more or less moves the puck to avoid having the puck taken from him. I saw no dead plays he kept alive. Infact, just the opposite. More often than not when he had the puck, it was taken from him and the play died. Watch his game carefully, and you'll see this is true. He is still great on faceoffs and the PK, but that's it.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-29-2010 at 05:29 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote