HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"Shake It Up" - Nashville vs. Dallas - 12.28.2010

Old
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Ugh, tie game.

I hate that penalty too.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Wilson............

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

i heart kostitsyn

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Wilson is showing why he was taken 7th overall. Hes taken control for us

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Wilson has looked like the real deal tonight. We must give him more ice time and opportunities.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Damn.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Predsfan80

Sigh

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I am spewing so many four letter words right now

Damn it boys.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

We're just challenging ourselves to tie it up in the third right?

Old
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

thats nashville hockey

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

The **** was that penalty??!!?!

Old
12-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Dodgie

We want Frosties?

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

What a disappointing loss, and 5 in a row too.

The roller coaster ain't just going down it's falling apart.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Preds pull the goalie and put Klassen, O'Reilly, Hornqvist and Kosytsin out. Are you kidding me? Klassen????? He was !!!!!!!!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

tough loss, Preds really worked hard tonight.

You can overcome a lot of things but talent and experience are tough to overcome....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
roseyc

This was our game to win...I guess they were in such shock that we scored more than 1 goal they forgot how to play

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Dumont. First assist in 18 games!!! O'Reilly, 0 points, and minus 1 in his last 9. these are guys on the top two lines on the Preds??? Wow!

Old
12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
tough loss, Preds really worked hard tonight.

You can overcome a lot of things but talent and experience are tough to overcome....
No doubt. The Preds did work hard tonight. They took it to the Stars through two periods and even got up early in the third, but not capitalizing on their early opportunities allowed Dallas to hang around and eventually the tides turned and the flood gates opened.

- Klein doesn't pick up Ott in the slot, Stars go up 1-0.
- Wilson finally just shoots the puck without trying to make a play, Game tied 1-1.
- Ward blocks a shot in the high slot, sends Wilson on breakaway, Preds lead 2-1.
- Klasen stops moving his feet from the circles in on the backcheck, loses Eriksson, Tied 2-2.
- O'Brien decides to tip a shot from the point with no screen in front, Stars lead 3-2.
- Rinne still reeling from the last goal allows horrible rebound, Stars pounce 4-2.

Credit Raycroft and the Stars tonight. They hung tough and took advantage of their opportunities in the third to win the game, but it was Nashville not being opportunistic through the first 40 minutes that lost them this game...

Definitely need to get healthy. Belak and Mueller saw minimal ice tonight and 10 forwards just won't get it done in the aggressive system that we play.

Svatos on waivers. I don't care how "dirty" of a move it would be, I'd like to see him claimed. Couldn't hurt.

Klasen will definitely have to answer for a couple of plays tonight. Turnovers in the offensive end of the ice are one thing, but he stopped skating on one goal and caused a couple very good scoring chances for the Stars tonight in the defensive end while trying to do too much.

Wilson scored a pair and I agree is our offensive force, but I don't care how much talent he has. He needs to get selfish and stop trying to force plays when they aren't there. He can score so many more goals if he'd just shoot the puck! He's not the only one that needs to simplify his game, but I think he'd be the one that sees the best and quickest results.

I'm sorry, I can't honestly sit here and say we lost tonight because of our injuries. We had plenty of opportunities to light the lamp, but didn't get it done. Players need to step up and assume the roles that are open right now. If they cannot, then Poile is going to need to bring in someone else and Trotz cannot be faulted for searching for line combos that work.

Very frustrating night tonight, but there is still time to turn this around. Team is playing pretty good defense right now and the goaltending has been above average. It's the offense that we really need to address and soon...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Seth Lake

You want to know what is going on right now with the Preds? Watch this clip...it sums it up perfectly!

Old
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
glenngineer

SLake, don't remember which goal it was for them but Smithson was "leading" a break and throws a pass that goes behind our two guys out front and sends Dallas going the other way and he wasn't marking his man in front of the net. He was ticked at himself for the shift but you can't throw a pass behind your wings and send the team going the other way on an odd man rush.

Wilson deserves a much better fate than to play with guys like Smithson and Ward.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:30 PM
roseyc

The game tonight sums up the Predators in a nutshell. SLake is right we didn't loose this game due to injuries. We didn't loose this game due to the lack of hustle and we didn't loose this game due to lack of effort. We just couldn't put the puck in the net period. The same way it's been for 5 on this streak but the whole year. We can't execute the odd man rushes. We have guys afraid to shoot. The players aren't taught to go to net ..everything is on the outside. This is not just tonight it's been for a long time. I think it's beyond giving the other team credit for a defensive effort. When the opposing announcers can make sarcastic comments that our power play looks like the 10th rated pp in the Western Conference and I can't argue that fact and I still don't like hearing them say it even thought it's the truth. I think we need to make a trade or Trotz needs to go. There needs to be some kind of a shakeup. I thought that fight would bring it out of us but it did for awhile but it didn't last

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
SLake, don't remember which goal it was for them but Smithson was "leading" a break and throws a pass that goes behind our two guys out front and sends Dallas going the other way and he wasn't marking his man in front of the net. He was ticked at himself for the shift but you can't throw a pass behind your wings and send the team going the other way on an odd man rush.
I believe that might have been the fourth goal against, but I'm not sure. Too many guys tonight were trying to force plays that either weren't there or were above their skill level. With this many guys out of the lineup, guys need to simplify their games and especially guys like Smithson need to go North-South and throw everything at the net or get it deep and start on the cycle.

Mistakes were all over the place tonight and they particularly seemed to come one after the other as soon as Dallas tied it up...

Old
12-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I believe that might have been the fourth goal against, but I'm not sure. Too many guys tonight were trying to force plays that either weren't there or were above their skill level. With this many guys out of the lineup, guys need to simplify their games and especially guys like Smithson need to go North-South and throw everything at the net or get it deep and start on the cycle.

Mistakes were all over the place tonight and they particularly seemed to come one after the other as soon as Dallas tied it up...
The Smithson pass WAS a simple play! A simple pass to the left winger, who was open. Instead, he passed way behing Wilson and WAY in front of the denfense...which I think was Bouillion. It was not a forced play, it was the right play that anyone playing in the NHL should execute with eyes closed. Too bad.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
The Smithson pass WAS a simple play! A simple pass to the left winger, who was open. Instead, he passed way behing Wilson and WAY in front of the denfense...which I think was Bouillion. It was not a forced play, it was the right play that anyone playing in the NHL should execute with eyes closed. Too bad.
As I said, trying to make a play above his skill level. Smithson knows he's a north-south grinding type of forward when he crosses the red line and goes on the attack. He should not be trying to make a lateral pass on the rush because unfortunately, that will likely be the result.

Yes, it is a simple play and a pass I'm sure he'd make in practice 9 times out of 10, but when the chips are on the table and everything seems to be spiraling out of control for the team at that moment, he needs to move straight ahead and make sure that puck gets deep...

Old
12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
cleangene

To paraphrase jeff foxworthy, "when the opposing goalie leaves his net, and you STILL can't score........you might be a team that sucks."

cleangene is online now   Reply With Quote