HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Todd White

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM
  #26
ZacUSNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
The great white whale!

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
  #27
Jxmarts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
White has spent 83 days on the NHL roster. $1,059,812 against the cap so far.
True. But part of it would've counted against the Brashear contract anyway had we not traded for him, and what good would a little extra cap space do for this team? I would not want to trade what it would take to rent Brad Richards. Nor do I want another pricy mediocre veteran (like an Olli Jokinen) on the roster taking ice time away from our developing young core.

Todd White sitting in the press box did not bother me.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:46 AM
  #28
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
True. But part of it would've counted against the Brashear contract anyway had we not traded for him, and what good would a little extra cap space do for this team? I would not want to trade what it would take to rent Brad Richards. Nor do I want another pricy mediocre veteran (like an Olli Jokinen) on the roster taking ice time away from our developing young core.

Todd White sitting in the press box did not bother me.
Yeah - but having Kennedy sitting in the pressbox instead of White for most of the year would have meant 1,825 more in cap space. Prorated that is like 5 million at the deadline. tell me that would have been a worse scenario. No need to involve Donald Brashear into this....Just manage the cap wisely...Someone like Jovocop could be a good rental pickup for us then without costing that much more - that opportunity is now basically out of reach due to the great White Sparks "veteran lockerroom prescence"... I do not see how that is not a bothersome situation... but thatīs just me...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 05:29 AM
  #29
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
True. But part of it would've counted against the Brashear contract anyway had we not traded for him, and what good would a little extra cap space do for this team? I would not want to trade what it would take to rent Brad Richards. Nor do I want another pricy mediocre veteran (like an Olli Jokinen) on the roster taking ice time away from our developing young core.

Todd White sitting in the press box did not bother me.
We are currently using the bonus cushion, which means part of the bonuses owed to players like Prospal will be defered to next year's cap. White serves no purpose on this team except to waste cap dollars.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 07:03 AM
  #30
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,751
vCash: 500
Torts really seems to like Zuccarello who carries a $1.75 million cap hit. $900,000 in salary and $850,000 in bonuses. Zucca has nearly $500k in salary remaining this season. We don't know what the bonuses are but if he plays the rest of the season with the Rangers and produces offensively,he'll reach some of his bonuses. Zucca is reped by Don Meehan's agency and you know they got him some reachable bonuses. Zucca was a free agent who had multiple suitors last winter.

The Rangers have $2,625,000 in bonuses on their roster. The entire amount won't be achieved but some of it will.

Vinny Prospal has a "reachable" games played bonus of $1.4M. Larry Brooks wrote it was similar to Brendan Shanahan's $2M 10 games played bonus in 2007-08. Vinny will be back within 3 weeks according to the latest report. They keep pushing Vinny back. Had the knee surgery in October. Supposed to be back in late November/early-mid December. Then it was after Christmas. Two weeks ago,it became mid-January. The Rangers will still have 30 plus games if Vinny returns within 3 weeks and if he doesn't get hurt again,he'll probably get the bonus if it's similar to Shanny's.

Next season is the last season of the CBA. No bonus cushion. That $2.625M will count against the upper limit in the same situation next season. No flexibility.

This is Cam Hope's area of expertise. Rangers AGM of hockey administration.

Not really sure why White was placed on waivers yesterday when waivers don't expire for 30 days or a player plays 10 games since he was waived. White was placed in early December. The waivers don't expire until 10 days from now and he has played 4 games since being waived earlier this month. White has played a total of 18 games this season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
  #31
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 50
No Todd White... is he on his way to Connecticut after clearing waivers in 22 minutes? Claimed? Or just not here? 32 minutes ago via twidroyd

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
  #32
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Yeah - but having Kennedy sitting in the pressbox instead of White for most of the year would have meant 1,825 more in cap space. Prorated that is like 5 million at the deadline. tell me that would have been a worse scenario. No need to involve Donald Brashear into this....Just manage the cap wisely...Someone like Jovocop could be a good rental pickup for us then without costing that much more - that opportunity is now basically out of reach due to the great White Sparks "veteran lockerroom prescence"... I do not see how that is not a bothersome situation... but thatīs just me...
It would've also meant stunting Kennedy's development...we're still going to own the kid's rights next season.

And from what I've heard, Kennedy hasn't been all that impressive in Hartford either.

There is a need to involve Brashear in this because Brashear would've been a cap hit whether or not he was on the roster.

And the opportunity for a rental like Jovanovski isn't out of reach because you can easily move someone like Gilroy to create additional cap space if you want to bring in another d-man.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:24 AM
  #33
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
stevezipay Steve Zipay
Whale's Lee Baldwin has been assigned to ECHL Greenville, likely making room for NYR's Todd White
41 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:26 AM
  #34
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 50
# stevezipay

Whale's Lee Baldwin has been assigned to ECHL Greenville, likely making room for NYR's Todd White 3 minutes ago via web

* Reply
* Retweet

# Andrew Gross AGrossRecord

No dressing room stall for Todd White at The Rock. Was not on ice at optional #NYRangers morning skate. 5 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
  #35
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
So Baldwin has been dissapoint then.

But good news about the Great White Spark. Midget center did nothing for this team and is even more pointless now that Drury is back.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
  #36
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Talk about a late Christmas present - Todd White out and MZA in. Sounds great to me.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
  #37
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Talk about a late Christmas present - Todd White out and MZA in. Sounds great to me.
I am very pleased if so. White had a horrific cap hit. MZA up full time, swweeeet

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
  #38
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 50
# AGrossRecord

Todd White still officially a #NYRanger, at least right now, after clearing waivers. Could change. about 1 hour ago via Mobile Web

* Reply
* Retweet

# Jesse Spector NYDNRangers

White not assigned to AHL "at this point," but roster spot free as Lee Baldwin assigned to ECHL. about 1 hour ago via twidroyd

* Reply
* Retweet

# Jesse Spector jessespector

White not assigned to AHL "at this point," but roster spot free as Lee Baldwin assigned to ECHL. about 1 hour ago via twidroyd

* Reply
* Retweet

# Jesse Spector NYDNRangers

Todd White has cleared waivers. #NYR can send him to AHL anytime in next 30 days. about 1 hour ago via twidroyd

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
  #39
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
# stevezipay

Whale's Lee Baldwin has been assigned to ECHL Greenville, likely making room for NYR's Todd White 3 minutes ago via web

* Reply
* Retweet

# Andrew Gross AGrossRecord

No dressing room stall for Todd White at The Rock. Was not on ice at optional #NYRangers morning skate. 5 minutes ago via Mobile Web
Since Baldwin is a defenseman, couldn't this be for MDZ instead of White? I just don't think they will send White down until they have to because of guys coming off IR

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:47 PM
  #40
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Man... Svatos. The hell happened to that guy?

Petr Prucha Syndrome. He got a nice season under the very-open environment that was the first season after the lockout. Everyone got a bump, and guys like Prucha and Svatos made the best of it. Once the dust settled in the following seasons, they found they no longer could play the game as it evolved.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:52 PM
  #41
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Since Baldwin is a defenseman, couldn't this be for MDZ instead of White? I just don't think they will send White down until they have to because of guys coming off IR
that's a good point, but I'm still going to be somewhat surprised if they send MDZ down. He just got a cordisone shot tuesday according to ESPN for his groin. Even though all the talk has been that he's been a healthy scratch, he's still hurt, just not enough where if he had to play he couldn't.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
  #42
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram
 
BKBlackRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richland, Wa
Country: Barbados
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
According to Grosss White is with the Whale
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 05:15 PM
  #43
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
According to Grosss White is with the Whale
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/
I love everything about that article.

Torts just gets it. I can't believe some of you bums wanted him fired last year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
  #44
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
White was horrible. He never should of made the team out of training camp. The guy was useless he brought nothing to the team. Glad he is finally gone.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:09 AM
  #45
Jxmarts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
We are currently using the bonus cushion, which means part of the bonuses owed to players like Prospal will be defered to next year's cap. White serves no purpose on this team except to waste cap dollars.
I was unaware of the bonus cushion. If it eats into next year's cap, then it was a waste.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:16 AM
  #46
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
White was horrible. He never should of made the team out of training camp. The guy was useless he brought nothing to the team. Glad he is finally gone.
im glad he is gone but it also says alot about Kennedy, think about it i mean he must have sucked if he couldnt outplay Todd White i doubt Kennedy will be back next year although he will be an RFA.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:59 AM
  #47
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
im glad he is gone but it also says alot about Kennedy, think about it i mean he must have sucked if he couldnt outplay Todd White i doubt Kennedy will be back next year although he will be an RFA.
lol Kennedy DID outplay White in pre-season..

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
  #48
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
lol Kennedy DID outplay White in pre-season..
Not really--White may not have outplayed Kennedy in training camp/pre-season, but Kennedy didn't show anything to make himself stand out either. And a rookie coming out of college outplayed them both onto the roster.

Maybe the Rangers made the wrong decision about who to send down at the beginning of the season, but Kennedy has really not shown enough in the AHL to prove it was a bad move. And given the way the season has turned out so far, the organization was correct in its main assessment--neither of them were going to make a real difference in the lineup. Kennedy needed to play; White was a veteran who could rotate in and out of the lineup without risking his development. Both are where they belong now. Neither will be back next season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 03:04 AM
  #49
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
1,825 million in cap hit tells me it was not the wisest choice with with White over Kennedy in the pressbox, Kennedy wouldīve gotten plenty of ample icetime due to all our injuries btw...
...RB - you elaborate here as the bonuses will make even more of a mess regarding unsigned RFAs/UFAs imo...
Some people do not understand economics it seems

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
  #50
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
1,825 million in cap hit tells me it was not the wisest choice with with White over Kennedy in the pressbox, Kennedy wouldīve gotten plenty of ample icetime due to all our injuries btw...
...RB - you elaborate here as the bonuses will make even more of a mess regarding unsigned RFAs/UFAs imo...
Some people do not understand economics it seems
Go talk to the person who made the decision to send Kennedy down and keep White (and his cap hit) on the roster. He's been running the team for the last 10 years and claims to know a great deal about hockey and how to run a NHL team.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.