HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
What is your budget increase each season from being in 1.1 (and erasing a 2.x season from your budget calculation) like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I started at $49M I think and have been slowly getting increases. This season it is $53.4M and last season was $51.7 or something.
Baller. I'm going to see huge increases as I replace 3.x seasons with 1.1 seasons. I expect to jump from $47.5 to somewhere in the $50 to $50.5 range. It'll be nice to have a competitive budget for once... two seasons from now.

Old
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
huntercp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
thats awfully discouraging
TM is run by a different crew though from what I understand. Senikov decided to branch into a hockey game and Nik was split from the TM work group to be the lead (read only fulltime) programmer. Soren and his bunch is responsible for TM.

Old
12-28-2010, 06:24 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Another player sniped last minute in the bid. I posted it in my thread on the TH forums. This is getting out of hand, and incredibly annoying.

hunter, any idea if Nik is aware of the last minute steals of bids constantly going on, and is he working on anything to fix it, or is he turning a blind eye and focusing on other problems?

Old
12-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Another player sniped last minute in the bid. I posted it in my thread on the TH forums. This is getting out of hand, and incredibly annoying.

hunter, any idea if Nik is aware of the last minute steals of bids constantly going on, and is he working on anything to fix it, or is he turning a blind eye and focusing on other problems?
If he wanted to change it, I am sure he could do it easily. Allowing players to enter a maximum bid would prevent them from losing out on an FA when they would have bid more and also increase the cost of the average free agent which would help spread talent out around the various leagues.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I just used the link to see potential salaries for next season. After cutting a few roster players and replacing them with younger, cheaper replacements it looks like my 4 lines and 2 goalies come out to around 39.5 million. I assume that is before coach skills effect it and potentially lower it but that is still a concern. My budget is 41.5M so I basically have 2 million (4 million including flex) to get 8 more players rostered to get to the 30 players. It's going to be tight but doable.

I figure I'll have 1 good backup D and forward for a million combined and a serviceable D and wing for 600k combined. Then 4 more trash guys for 100k each and I'm within my budget and not even in flex.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
huntercp

Quote:

Oh I'm sure he's aware of it. Last minute sniping is an art form in TM which is the base for the FA system in TH.

Valhoun has a pretty good idea. What he suggested is essentially the way the "pay option bidding" works in TH. Not everything can/should translate over because the economies work differently. It would certainly force people to be more careful with their bidding.

There will still be some gamesmanship and bid sniping, it's inevitable. The goal should be to limit it and because anything that would totally remove it likely involves a very complex setup.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Hey guys, I'm going to cut one of these guys for room, I have a lot of RD. Tell me, which of these would you cut?

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=318002

or

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=318021

Thanks!

Old
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to cut one of these guys for room, I have a lot of RD. Tell me, which of these would you cut?

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=318002

or

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=318021

Thanks!
The 33 year-old.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:30 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The 33 year-old.

Thanks man, I know Lang is great offensively but his positioning is terrible... hope that doesn't matter too much.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:54 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
So I managed to win OPV for my max bid amount, 1.9m and change.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=119147

I'm projecting him out to be an 82-83 EPA player at 99/99.

The question is, where should I use him? Due to his lackluster stamina, he's not ideal for top-line duty. I could toss him on the lower lines and double shift him on the PP (Eh...) or put him on the third line and turn that into a really solid defensive line.
Yep, he's an 82 EPA. Once again, my formula proves correct.

You guys are aware you can bid whatever you want for a player, right? It just doesn't automatically up your bid in set increments. IE; to sign OPV, I bid all of my remaining budget on him and went to bed.

Old
12-29-2010, 06:38 AM
huntercp

What I interpreted Valhoun as saying was something like this: I put a 1.5 mil bid on a player with the ability to have the computer bid up to 3.0 million with me having to do click in every bid. It is not as much about the amount bid as the way in which it is bid. Though I suspect you largely understood that.

I threw an idea out in the world economy thread to restrict FA bidding based on league level and country. Essentially you can bid on players from your teams division level and one above in your talent bracket and anyone from the talent brackets below you. It is immensely far from perfect but maybe it will eventually turn into an actual compromise of ideas instead of people considering shielding european players.

Old
12-29-2010, 06:51 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercp View Post
Oh I'm sure he's aware of it. Last minute sniping is an art form in TM which is the base for the FA system in TH.

Valhoun has a pretty good idea. What he suggested is essentially the way the "pay option bidding" works in TH. Not everything can/should translate over because the economies work differently. It would certainly force people to be more careful with their bidding.

There will still be some gamesmanship and bid sniping, it's inevitable. The goal should be to limit it and because anything that would totally remove it likely involves a very complex setup.
True, good point. It does get rather annoying to have 2/3 of your players sniped last minute, and like I said in that thread I do too many things outside of TH to sit around and wait for the bid to end.

Old
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
L-train*

3-1 win, and gained a rep level.

Old
12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

5-0 win. Still no game played from Sunday with no explanation or answer from Nik to any thread. It's getting a little out of hand at this point to keep us in the dark like this. I play the top team in the other conference tomorrow and I need my starter to play. If he sims this game today or tomorrow morning without notice I'll have no time to switch out my starter who has now played 8 games in a row and will be fatigued for my biggest game of the season.

Old
12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Yep, he's an 82 EPA. Once again, my formula proves correct.

You guys are aware you can bid whatever you want for a player, right? It just doesn't automatically up your bid in set increments. IE; to sign OPV, I bid all of my remaining budget on him and went to bed.

My Olli Pekka can beat up your Olli Pekka

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=442441

Old
12-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Damn your Olli Pekka dumps on his Olli Pekka's face. What does he play, 1st line, 1st PP and 1st PK?

Old
12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
XS Chop

Quote:

The way things are set up the snipe is the only real stratagy available. Any bid between the opening and snipe range is counter productive, only serves to drive the price up. Valhoun's suggestion is the only alternative I see that makes sence to me, especially considering your bidding against people worldwide, with vastly different sleep/work times.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
CantSeeColors

Oh **** I just won myself a new project/backup goalie: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=656946. If he gets in in time he's starting tomorrow too since I need to get my backup in and out before I go away for the weekend. Based on that TRV it looks like he might have a lot of room to grow, so I might have found my goalie for 2 years from now when my starter gets old and dies.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Oh **** I just won myself a new project/backup goalie: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=656946. If he gets in in time he's starting tomorrow too since I need to get my backup in and out before I go away for the weekend. Based on that TRV it looks like he might have a lot of room to grow, so I might have found my goalie for 2 years from now when my starter gets old and dies.
Not a bad pickup, but I wouldn't bank on much more growth out of him.

Old
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Won 5-0. Veasy picked up an assist, and my new 2nd and 3rd lines finally contributed. The West division in National is terrible

Old
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

5-2 win in a game I was going to put my backup in.

Old
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Beast. But he is also more than 2.5 times as expensive.

Old
12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Not a bad pickup, but I wouldn't bank on much more growth out of him.
Not really banking on it, but even just a little bit gets him to an 80ish EPA at 99/99. That'll get by in 1.1.

Old
12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Beast. But he is also more than 2.5 times as expensive.
Te but he can also play 25 minutes a night while staying above 75 in game fitness. That means he can play 1st line, 1st PP and both PK lines(where he will be a complete terror). I'd take that 8 days a week.

Old
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Valhoun*

Playing my backup tomorrow against the New York Nights.

The only change between 4.2 and 3.1 is that I'll sit Westfield during the easy games whereas before I'd let him get fatigued and then sit him.

Closed Thread