HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Todd White sent to CT Whale (AHL)

Old
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Tim Kennedy at $550,000 was the better option. Cheaper,faster and younger. White was the antithesis of everything the current Rangers are about.
the team as it is is so damn young...i can see the need to have a vet in the lineup. its not like Kennedy is tearing up the A either.

White wasnt a detriment to the team on the ice. he wasnt an asset either to be fair. its not like that extra cap space would have done much for us anyway...unless you think were adding a big name guy at the trade deadline, which i just dont see happening.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Kennedy would have been a good guy to have during the stretch where Gaborik, Drury, and Prospal were all injured. Especially in the games that Callahan or additional other rangers missed due to short inuries.

But we don't really need him anymore. MZA is here until Cally/Prospal comes back, it seems, unless he stinks it up.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
the team as it is is so damn young...i can see the need to have a vet in the lineup. its not like Kennedy is tearing up the A either.

White wasnt a detriment to the team on the ice. he wasnt an asset either to be fair. its not like that extra cap space would have done much for us anyway...unless you think were adding a big name guy at the trade deadline, which i just dont see happening.
kennedy isn't tearing it up in the AHL, but you aren't asking him to contribute. right here we'd be asking him to replace white's 1g, 1a for 1/4th the cap hit. kennedy could have easily sat in the press box and then did nothing good or bad in a handful of minutes here and there and accomplished the same thing.

or you could have had byers do it, or jeremy williams...

there is absolutely nothing that can be said to justify carrying todd white on the team until this point in the year...total waste of cap space

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
kennedy isn't tearing it up in the AHL, but you aren't asking him to contribute. right here we'd be asking him to replace white's 1g, 1a for 1/4th the cap hit. kennedy could have easily sat in the press box and then did nothing good or bad in a handful of minutes here and there and accomplished the same thing.

or you could have had byers do it, or jeremy williams...

there is absolutely nothing that can be said to justify carrying todd white on the team until this point in the year...total waste of cap space
again, age. especially with Drury and Prospal injured there were no forwards at all that would be considered Vets on this team. Now that Drury is back, and Prospal is getting closer, its fine.

IM not a fan of going with 100% youth. even if its a token vet, i think its necessary.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

That 1+ mil could have meant getting up to a 4 mil player at the trade deadline. Now if we add any salary at the deadline, we'll most likely eat into the bonus cushion, pushing some of that money into next year's cap.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Levitate

The Rangers could also have designs on trying to keep Kennedy and wanted him to get playing time to see if he developed more

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

[QUOTE=BlueshirtBlitz;29842906
Good luck, great White spark. I hope he's a good veteran presence for the kids- all we could really ask of him.

Just remember he's not Brashear and we should like him a lot more than it appears some do.[/QUOTE]

Well said. White was coming off a major injury and he turned out to be a spare part that ultimately wasn't needed. No reason to blame him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Blueblood 2

Ten Million now available at the deadline. Oh oh!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote