HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 2*

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Atleast he'd be getting adequate playing time.
I was under the impression that Kreider is getting plenty of minutes, at BC on the first or 2nd line No? Including PP and PK minutes also.

Old
12-29-2010, 01:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Kreider can learn to be deadly after setting up because of his wicked shot. However, it's always good to have guys who can rush the puck down the ice and snipe, which I hope he does.

We won't see any of it this WJC probably until he gets moved off of Palmieri's line, though.

Old
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Bardof425*

He has played a strong two-way game. On the PP he is winning puck battles, moving the puck to the point or open teammate and then planting himself in front of the net. This is obviously what the coaches want him to do. He made a great play on the first goal; a subtle chip pass off the boards which set up the whole play. He is a bigger, faster Brandon Dubinsky right now. But he does still appear raw when he doesn't have the puck in the O-zone. In the D-zone he is very good and scary actually because if he intercepts a pass to the point or the D-man loses control it's over; he's gone.

If he is coached properly and developed I believe he will be a 65 - 70 point guy at a minimum. He's not going to put up big numbers in this tournament because of the role he's playing but not to worry. Don't judge him on that this time around. Great to see Fasth score a big goal yesterday and Horak was very calm with the puck (although there was no room) and he plays with an edge. All good so far.

Old
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He has played a strong two-way game. On the PP he is winning puck battles, moving the puck to the point or open teammate and then planting himself in front of the net. This is obviously what the coaches want him to do. He made a great play on the first goal; a subtle chip pass off the boards which set up the whole play. He is a bigger, faster Brandon Dubinsky right now. But he does still appear raw when he doesn't have the puck in the O-zone. In the D-zone he is very good and scary actually because if he intercepts a pass to the point or the D-man loses control it's over; he's gone.

If he is coached properly and developed I believe he will be a 65 - 70 point guy at a minimum. He's not going to put up big numbers in this tournament because of the role he's playing but not to worry. Don't judge him on that this time around. Great to see Fasth score a big goal yesterday and Horak was very calm with the puck (although there was no room) and he plays with an edge. All good so far.
Well you do have to judge him on it at least somewhat however it also has to be tempered judgement. He's 19 I think right? Coming to THIS team it's better to be defensively responsible first otherwise you can't get the ice time. Responsible with the puck comes second, offense comes third. A lot of players on the team right now don't have a lot of offensive potential but are living up to their limit or near it because they are doing the first two things and getting the TOI. if CK lives up to HIS offensive potential or near it (Which could take 2-3 years in the pros just like Dubs, boyle, Cally, half the entire league over the course of its history) it could be an 80-90 point guy.

It has me drooling that I think he's a safe bet to develop into at least a perennial 60 guy which you can't draft always. But just like the judging should be tempered so too are my expectations. I expect it but I wouldn't expect others to. Besides stats though other facts seen and presented by SM and others include good passing, hitting, control along the boards, putting himself wide open when not with the puc(but his teammates aren't figgin passing). You could inference this means he's getting much better but without making an opinion or inference those are solid facts from this tourny. I'm not sure where this litany of "clueless without the puck" or looks "confused" is coming from those are opinions that I'm not sure are backed up by what we're seeing. He's not a top 5 prospect in the world he definitely doesn't have the IQ for that or I'm sure he'd be burying more but top 5 guys are future elite guarantees. We all know he's no guarantee and he's got to develop. He keeps putting himself wide open which seems pretty knowledgable to me...

Old
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Thomas picked up an assist tonight

Old
12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Werek is still not skating with Kingston (or at least didn't play tonight)... Anyone know what's up?

Old
12-30-2010, 05:34 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Kreider can learn to be deadly after setting up because of his wicked shot. However, it's always good to have guys who can rush the puck down the ice and snipe, which I hope he does.

We won't see any of it this WJC probably until he gets moved off of Palmieri's line, though.
That´s damn right. Chris is the only one who can send a pass to the tape! I hope the coach finally realize this fact and mix the lines up a bit.

Old
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Synergy27

Not sure if anyone saw Fasth's goals today. One was really garbage, a flubbed shot led to a second opportunity in the slot and the goalie played it horribly. The second was off of a set play on the PP. Absolutely perfectly executed. Faceoff win. Fasth crashed the net from the point, perfect pass fed across the crease to him and he roofed it into an empty net. Great play.

Old
12-30-2010, 09:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Ethan Werek still has a bum wrist. He was expected back yesterday but obviously wasn't in the lineup. The Rangers just sent him a wrist brace to wear. He'll be out through this weekend, hopefully back next weekend.

It's just pain.
Old
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ethan Werek still has a bum wrist. He was expected back yesterday but obviously wasn't in the lineup. The Rangers just sent him a wrist brace to wear. He'll be out through this weekend, hopefully back next weekend.
Thanks for the update... I hope he can stay healthy for the remainder of the season and have a strong finish to his year....

Old
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Merry Christmas, Ethan.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Merry Christmas, Ethan.
Happy Hannukah, actually.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Happy Hannukah, actually.
Guess we should send him 7 more wrist braces.

RANGERS =
Old
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Also, McNaught is now officially done for the season.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:09 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Updated the stats in the first post. Last one before late Sunday or late Monday.

Also tweaked the way I cover injuries. Now there are red #'s next to injured players, with the injuries themselves listed in a separate injury report after the stats tables.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Updated the stats in the first post. Last one before late Sunday or late Monday.

Also tweaked the way I cover injuries. Now there are red #'s next to injured players, with the injuries themselves listed in a separate injury report after the stats tables.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Also, McNaught is now officially done for the season.
FML.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
ocarina

so does McNaught have any future with us? It would be nice to have a cheap alternative if (more like when to me) we send Boogaard down to clear his cap hit.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
so does McNaught have any future with us? It would be nice to have a cheap alternative if (more like when to me) we send Boogaard down to clear his cap hit.
His Junior career is over, and he was only Rangers property for 8 games. Now he has had a serious injury that will probably impact his already crappy skating.

I can see him getting a minor league deal and starting down in the ECHL. There's no way that he gets an ELC from the Rangers though.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:14 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Yeah, I was excited for him too. No way he gets anything now.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:32 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
Yeah, I was excited for him too. No way he gets anything now.
The odds are stacked heavily against McNaught but if he wants it, he better get ready to work his derriere off and start from the bottom level. If the desire is there, who knows what he can turn into.

Old
12-31-2010, 03:54 AM
CH2

Hagelin with 3 assists Thursday night.

Old
12-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:

Look at all those ugly red # in the first table, yuk!

Also, It's good to see Fasth is quietly having a great start to the WJC. Especially since people were penciling in Kreider as the defacto best prospect NYR has in the tournament. He still is overall, obviously, but it will be interesting to see if he is the best they have in this WJC in terms of production by the end.

12-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

anyone think Jason Wilson gets a contract or is he another wasted overage pick

Old
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Synergy27

Fasth just got absolutely blown up by Foligno.

This CAN-SWE game has been really great so far. The teams look pretty evenly matched, but the Canadians are much more physical and I can see the Swedes wearing down as the game progresses.

Closed Thread